What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Local PA FW&GS store got Blantons and Eagle Rare in today.  I grabbed two of each.  one for home and one for the  cabin.

• I like it 2

On 3/9/2022 at 1:40 AM, flahute said:

I now want to do this more than anything else. 

Same here!

On 3/10/2022 at 9:12 AM, JT3NSB said:

Mellow Corn for the win!!!

Mellow Corn is always a win!!

• I like it 2

On 3/9/2022 at 10:26 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

It be Wednesday!😬 Shopping day, and yes I did. The bad news: I passed on a SAOS Sarah bottle. 😔 The good news: It turned into a Wheater Wednesday. 🥳 I ended up buying a couple of bottles of MM dipped by my gal at MM.😍  That made me feel a little better about passing on the SAOS.  Finding a Weller SR made me forget all about it. 😀

Biba! Joe

I was trying to figure out what to start with tonight.

Thanks for the inspiration 😉

20220311_163256.jpg

• I like it 5

In the middle of this week I decided to take a little road trip to the North side.  With gas prices going up and inflation on everything else, seemed like the perfect thing to do on a nice day.  Anyway, since Joe reminded me how much I like JW Dant, I got several of those.  I grabbed a Rebel 100 too.  I picked up some Scotch as well, For Peat's Sake, and Teacher's (one of my uncles used to drink that back in the day).

• I like it 2

After being inspired by @Skinsfan1311, I picked myself up a bottle of Bardstown Fusion #6. 

He was right - very good stuff, and a great kick-off to the weekend. 

53DC3D2D-682C-46A3-9E6C-FFFC939680CA.jpeg

• I like it 4

24 minutes ago, Rhettro said:

After being inspired by @Skinsfan1311, I picked myself up a bottle of Bardstown Fusion #6. 

Glad to help😉

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

My pleasure @Skinsfan1311. You also have my permission to have one for me too Rick. 🥃🥃

Biba! Joe

1 minute ago, fishnbowljoe said:

My pleasure @Skinsfan1311. You also have my permission to have one for me too Rick. 🥃🥃

Biba! Joe

Thanks and will do!

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Rhettro said:

Nice glass.  I got one too and after using it only once I think if I weren't already so invested in a couple dozen glens, this glass could be my daily pour glass.  Many have tried to combine the best of a glen/snifter and a rocks glass, but this is the first one that I think actually achieves that.

• I like it 1

14 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Nice glass.  I got one too and after using it only once I think if I weren't already so invested in a couple dozen glens, this glass could be my daily pour glass.  Many have tried to combine the best of a glen/snifter and a rocks glass, but this is the first one that I think actually achieves that.

Thanks. I only recently purchased these Aged & Ore glasses and like them quite a bit. Good weight, and it delivers a terrific nose and pour. 

I also have a set of the Denver & Liely glasses that have been my go-to since I purchased them. And they’re awesome. I did a face-off with the two - both had equal pours of WT 101 - and man, both produced an outstanding, top shelf experience.

Edited by Rhettro

Just now, Rhettro said:

Thanks. How do you like it, @Kepler? I only recently purchased these Aged & Ore glasses and like them quite a bit. Good weight, and it delivers a terrific nose and pour. 

I also have a set of the Denver & Liely glasses that have been my go-to since I purchased them. And they’re awesome. I did a face-off with the two - both had equal pours of WT 101 - and man, both produced an outstanding, top shelf experience.

Well I've only used my aged & ore glass one evening but I loved it.  If I didn't have so many glencairns already I would buy a half-dozen of these A&O glasses and use them all the time.

I can't remember ever hearing about your Denver & Liely glass, but it sounds like you really like yours, so now I have something to investigate for myself 🧐 ... thanks for the tip!  I like trying new glasses every once in a while, I'm probably a little weird that way. 

• I like it 1

4 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Well I've only used my aged & ore glass one evening but I loved it.  If I didn't have so many glencairns already I would buy a half-dozen of these A&O glasses and use them all the time.

I can't remember ever hearing about your Denver & Liely glass, but it sounds like you really like yours, so now I have something to investigate for myself 🧐 ... thanks for the tip!  I like trying new glasses every once in a while, I'm probably a little weird that way. 

Nah, not weird. I’m a bit of glass hound myself, and I’m always adding new glasses to the collection. It’s so interesting to see what different glasses can do to your favorite pour of the brown stuff. 

If you’re like me, then you’ll love adding this Denver & Liely glass to your shelf. It’s the best whiskey glass I’ve ever used. 

ADD1CA8E-1FEE-4A1B-9E3B-60F76C115AD1.jpeg

• I like it 3

13 minutes ago, Rhettro said:

Nah, not weird. I’m a bit of glass hound myself, and I’m always adding new glasses to the collection. It’s so interesting to see what different glasses can do to your favorite pour of the brown stuff. 

If you’re like me, then you’ll love adding this Denver & Liely glass to your shelf. It’s the best whiskey glass I’ve ever used. 

Oh, I've seen those glass in photos but never tried one.  It does look great, I'll check it out.  While we're on the topic, another one that I really like is one I received as a gift a couple of Christmases ago, it's the Norlan Rauk Heavy tumbler.  It's a nice high quality glass that I really enjoy using on occasion

https://norlanglass.com/products/rauk-heavy-tumbler?variant=32120585322566

But unfortunately the price makes it prohibitive to stock up with multiples, for an "everyday" glass, at least for my budget.  That's one thing that I really dig about the new Aged & Ore glass, ... it's affordable.  Which makes it a viable alternative to the Glencairn.

• I like it 1

Both purchased and opened today.  The two youngest grandkids are here tonight while Mom and Dad are at a hockey game. My better half treated us to root beer floats earlier, now I guess it's time for a banana split, of sorts. Hmmm...whiskey float?

IMG_20220311_211914.jpg

• I like it 6

53 minutes ago, Thomm said:

Both purchased and opened today.  The two youngest grandkids are here tonight while Mom and Dad are at a hockey game. My better half treated us to root beer floats earlier, now I guess it's time for a banana split, of sorts. Hmmm...whiskey float?

IMG_20220311_211914.jpg

Mix in some bourbon cream liquer (Buffalo Trace, Boone County, Ezra Brooks, etc.), root beer and a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and you'll have a real winner.  You can thank me later!  😁

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, Kepler said:

Mix in some bourbon cream liquer (Buffalo Trace, Boone County, Ezra Brooks, etc.), root beer and a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and you'll have a real winner.  You can thank me later!  😁

That sounds like a great idea. Looks like another trip to the liquor store is in order. Perhaps that Maker's Mark store pick that's been winking at me lately will follow me home too!

• I like it 1

These came home today. Was a 4 pack of the Founder's and one is already gone. Tastes like Nutella!!

20220312_162404.jpg

• I like it 8

I made an impromptu trip to the liquor store today. My son wanted to buy a retirement gift for a guy that works for one of his customers. My son asked me if I wanted to go with him to the liquor store. Of course I said yes. My son bought a couple of bottles of the guys favorite whiskey, and I took the opportunity to grab some more OF 86. Win! Win! 😁

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

• I like it 9

On 3/11/2022 at 4:37 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

20220311_163256.jpg

I have that same JD Belle bottle.  Got it in August 1979 when I was working at a liquor store.  Sent away to the distillery to get a neckband engraved with the date, my name, and the bottling (#1).

1770211029_20220313_1141001.thumb.jpg.942c29fdead6469b7974987db9b6b264.jpg1485427701_20220313_1139151.thumb.jpg.2da064c5486f39da626860c399da632d.jpg406027508_20220313_1139061.thumb.jpg.0384c2f9cb8c4bfe3ef33a484bfe23b3.jpg

Edited by Richdel
  • I like it 5

2 hours ago, Richdel said:

I have that same JD Belle bottle.  Got it in August 1979 when I was working at a liquor store.  Sent away to the distillery to get a neckband engraved with the date, my name, and the bottling (#1).

1770211029_20220313_1141001.thumb.jpg.942c29fdead6469b7974987db9b6b264.jpg1485427701_20220313_1139151.thumb.jpg.2da064c5486f39da626860c399da632d.jpg406027508_20220313_1139061.thumb.jpg.0384c2f9cb8c4bfe3ef33a484bfe23b3.jpg

Nice.

Mine was gifted to me back in the early 2000's    I have neck tag and the box it came in.   If memory serves, it had some type of certificate in the box, that you could send to the distillery and get something back, but I can't remember what it is/was.   All I know is that I tried to do something with it on the Jack Daniels site.  The tax seal is still intact, but some of the liquid has evaporated.    The bottle is beautiful.      A buddy of mine has a friend who swears that the juice is really good.    Not sure how, because it's just standard JD.     I told him that I'd be happy to crack it, and let him try it.   I'm kinda curious myself.   I don't collect bottles, so I'd just assume share it.  It's a no-lose situation for me.   If it's good, then we'll enjoy the whiskey.  If it's not, I'll dump it and use it as a decanter.   I have a slick, crystal, JD topper that should fit.

Thanks for sharing

Edited by Skinsfan1311

21 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I made an impromptu trip to the liquor store today. My son wanted to buy a retirement gift for a guy that works for one of his customers. My son asked me if I wanted to go with him to the liquor store. Of course I said yes. My son bought a couple of bottles of the guys favorite whiskey, and I took the opportunity to grab some more OF 86. Win! Win! 😁

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

The zen is strong with this one.

But seriously, I love how you took the scarcity of Weller in stride and found other things that also scratch that itch. No fomo here. Hah!

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.