What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 2/23/2022 at 6:27 PM, Guss West said:

Starlight Farms is perched on the northwest side of the large limestone ledge that provides the perfect water for America's native spirit.  About an hour from MGP and just over the imaginary line from a host of legacy distillers, this distillery is in the right place at the right time. 

Didn't know the distro was so spotty; its stacked deep here in CT.  I give it a "buy on sight" recommendation.  

Prost!  

Headed there (starlight) for the first time next week! I have no experience with them so looking forward to trying something new. 

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, LvR Mike said:

So apparently wheat whiskey is a thing? Always thought wheat whiskey was a wheated bourbon but I was just wrong. Was told to try Bernheim and then go from there. Also saw a MM I've never seen before so I said why not.

F823073B-A570-4F4D-9802-9881884ACB00.jpeg

That looks like Maker's 46 in a regular bottle? Maybe they're out of the premium bottles, or are now saving them for their premium releases.

1 hour ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Headed there (starlight) for the first time next week! I have no experience with them so looking forward to trying something new. 

You are going to love it!!   Try it all - you will be surprised.

• I like it 3

3 minutes ago, lemonman said:

That looks like Maker's 46 in a regular bottle? Maybe they're out of the premium bottles, or are now saving them for their premium releases.

the french oak declaration seems different to me

4 hours ago, lemonman said:

My understanding is that this is the new, permanent packaging for MM 46. I actually like it quite a bit. 

24 minutes ago, Rhettro said:

My understanding is that this is the new, permanent packaging for MM 46. I actually like it quite a bit. 

Interesting.  Would save money, I’m sure.  Where’d you hear that it is permanent?

According to the MM website…….

Reintroducing Maker’s 46

New look. Same beautifully 

layered  bourbon.   

Biba! Joe 

• I like it 2

26 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Reintroducing Maker’s 46

layered  bourbon.   

Biba! Joe 

Exactly. 

• I like it 1

49 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Reintroducing Maker’s 46

layered  bourbon.   

Biba! Joe

So not quite the "new" MM I thought it was going to be but my last MM46 was empty so here's to replacing it.

• I like it 1

On 2/26/2022 at 4:29 PM, PhantomLamb said:

What did you pay for the Weller?

I paid $22.99 (plus the liquor tax) for the Weller.  I believe I saved a few dollars paying cash also.  

• I like it 4

On 2/27/2022 at 3:17 PM, LvR Mike said:

F823073B-A570-4F4D-9802-9881884ACB00.jpeg

I kinda like the label refresh TBH.

Seeing the “French Oaked” label reminded me of something I have in my collection from Europe.  Might be a good future sbs!

65A49CDE-9871-43B4-857C-53013895D35F.jpeg

• I like it 2

14 hours ago, 0895 said:

I kinda like the label refresh TBH.

Seeing the “French Oaked” label reminded me of something I have in my collection from Europe.  Might be a good future sbs!

65A49CDE-9871-43B4-857C-53013895D35F.jpeg

I've been pleasantly surprised from the offerings from Luxco despite the younger age, drinks much older and smoother for their higher proof offerings.

• I like it 1

Blanton's L&K pick with a friend's birthday dump date for future gifting.  😉

Oh yeah, Kavalan Port Cask L&K pick on sale!  🤑

• I like it 3

On 2/23/2022 at 5:06 PM, smokinjoe said:

Good thinkin’!  I like WRDO well enough on its own, but it sings in cocktails for me.  I don’t know if you’re a home cocktail person, but if so and you don’t happen to like it neat, give it a go in a cocktail.  

Wow , you weren't kidding.  Drinking WRDO with Seagrams Ginger Ale (would rather Canada Dry but unable to find it down here),  and the wood punches right through and takes this average cocktail up another whole level.  Thanks for the recommendation!

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

How are those Kavalan's? The price always makes me take a step back.

17 minutes ago, mal00768 said:

How are those Kavalan's? The price always makes me take a step back.

In a word - fantastic.  But I'm a little jaded (see what I did there?).  Ian Chang (former Kavalan Master Distiller) is a buddy of mine.  🤩

Ian Chang.jpg

The young lady was his North American Distributor Rep - must have had a few drinks that night ( can't remember her name).   😳

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 9

My local store likes to push this Chestnut Farms BiB so I'm going to give it a try. Also, picked up the newer packaged MM46 recently so I wanted to get the MM46CS in the older bottle.

D278BA6C-128F-45C1-99AB-F0F07210652C.jpeg

• I like it 3

Not today, but picked up a Benchmark Bonded this weekend.  Initial sip is reminding me just how $%^&#*$ much I'm missing HH6yrBIB (but it does well enough in an Old Fashioned on a Tuesday!)

• I like it 3

Placed my first Seelbach’s order months ago and never picked it up. I corrected that today.

54A8D99A-58B2-40EC-8759-759874529014.jpeg

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, GaryT said:

Not today, but picked up a Benchmark Bonded this weekend.  Initial sip is reminding me just how $%^&#*$ much I'm missing HH6yrBIB (but it does well enough in an Old Fashioned on a Tuesday!)

Have you tried EW 1783 since HH rebooted the brand 90 proof and new package.

I used to be a regular customer for the HH6yrBIB.

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, PaulO said:

Have you tried EW 1783 since HH rebooted the brand 90 proof and new package.

I used to be a regular customer for the HH6yrBIB.

I haven't - I'll give that a shot!  Thanks!

• I like it 1

16 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Hey Frank, remember it's on the 16th despite my wife getting it wrong.  But don't worry, I'll take it even if the dump date doesn't line up. 🤣

• I like it 6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.