What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today (Winter 2021)

CardsandBourbon
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 12/27/2021 at 2:24 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

Took a trip to the package on the Norfolk Navy Base.

$313.00 later, I walked out with this😄

Between the tax free shopping, and the prices, I couldn't help myself.   When shopping on base,  you still need to know prices, because they're not always the best.   The selection wasn't the best, due to the holiday, but there was enough there worth getting.  

20211227_135621.jpg

It looks like you just purchased one of everything. Hah

• I like it 2

22 hours ago, steven s said:

bookers bardstown batch for $99. I know, too much, but i was almost out of my bottle of beaten biscuits from 2019, and i like to have one of these around. 

also a Hancock's for $65 for a friend. This stuff seems to be showing up lately.

Not too much is you wanted it and like it.  I saw a few bottles on the shelf last weekend for $90 at a store that has reasonable prices.  So, $99 isn't really out of line.

Got a Booker’s for tonight and a few other things. First time seeing & buying Booker’s at a sane price in maybe 5 years?

831CF5DB-62EE-4BCC-9933-4411D37BF5E5.jpeg

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, Kane said:

Got a Booker’s for tonight and a few other things. First time seeing & buying Booker’s at a sane price in maybe 5 years?

That, to me, is just about the perfect purchase.   I can't tell you how much I miss my Pikesville - it seems to have got up and gone around here -   and you know that Seales' rum will be delicious.

8 minutes ago, Jazzhead said:

That, to me, is just about the perfect purchase.   I can't tell you how much I miss my Pikesville - it seems to have got up and gone around here -   and you know that Seales' rum will be delicious.

We always swim in Pikesville in the Boston area but it is indeed disappearing at an alarming rate, at least around me. Not sure what’s up with that. In fact I got no hits locally and ordered that one bottle online. 

2 hours ago, Kane said:

Bases clearing triple, right there!  👍🏻

Feels naked posting sans photo, but a Kings County 7 year— a rare back-up bottle for me. This was one of my top five spirits of 2021. 

6 hours ago, Kane said:

What, if you don’t mind me asking, was the “sane” price?

10 hours ago, Kane said:

$76

Yeah that's not horrible but not great either.  I'd bite if it was a special occasion.

1 hour ago, Kjbarth said:

Purchases over the last week or so. I found a new very local source for the MM.

Nice buys! Really happy you found some MM 101. 👍

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

Happy New Year! This store totally redeemed itself with these 4! (The Beam 12 is not a new purchase)

2AF3C056-CCF9-4AEA-A862-B4CDB522DDDA.jpeg

Edited by FasterHorses
  • I like it 11

59 minutes ago, beasled said:

A couple of late Christmas presents from a relative. Very welcome!

20220103_173705.jpg

After a meh first bottle when it was first released, I am finding the 4R SBS to be stellar lately!  

• I like it 5

12 minutes ago, smokinjoe said:

After a meh first bottle when it was first released, I am finding the 4R SBS to be stellar lately!  

It recently landed in these parts so I hope it holds up!

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

I tried it when it first came out and didn't care for it.  Just tried it again recently...still don't care for it.  To me it tastes "dirty".

I got Buffalo Trace and 1792 small batch yesterday. Tried the Buffalo Trace last night was very good. *I’m also new to bourbon just started my collection. Usually have Woodford Reserve on hand and just a few weeks ago got a bottle of Old Forester 1910 and absolutely love it.

1B75DE65-B0D4-4B49-B84A-38EAC1B04D50.jpeg

• I like it 8

On 1/1/2022 at 1:20 PM, Kjbarth said:

Purchases over the last week or so. I found a new very local source for the MM.

B88BDF39-3598-472B-B847-714E5AC1F6BF.thumb.jpeg.c5491fed17ae933113899452d636a47d.jpegAAF5B0D2-A9DE-4199-A990-219C4E8D6B08.thumb.jpeg.ec8c256e674891fb992b8ba6b6e3150c.jpeg

How much did they charge for the MM101, if you don't mind my asking?

Went to buy a remus repeal reserve for $81 but I Picked up two EHT Small Batches instead for $59 ea. A little high but BT could make them disappear without any notice. 

• I like it 1

30 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Went to buy a remus repeal reserve for $81 but I Picked up two EHT Small Batches instead for $59 ea. A little high but BT could make them disappear without any notice. 

You should go back for the Remus, especially if batch V.

(no crying later when you discover you missed out.  😜)

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

You should go back for the Remus, especially if batch V.

(no crying later when you discover you missed out.  😜)

Payday is Wednesday! It was a calculated move, small rundown store.. whole shelf was full and theyve been there since october/nov ..None have been sold so i feel it was  a safe enough move. Hope so anyway. Thats a great price on some solid MGP

16 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

How much did they charge for the MM101, if you don't mind my asking?

$39.99. It's the lowest I've seen by me. Most places by me are $45 - $50 and I leave it on the shelf. 

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.