Empty bottle(s) support group — 2022

Kjbarth
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Finished 2 good bottles this week. MM101 is a very good pour, I hope it doesn’t go away. W12 is always great. 

Almost shed a tear seeing those two empty. 😢 By the way @LCWoody, tell Buddy that Harper says hi. 😁

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.a7be307543da2eae8556d49007968bc1.jpeg

• I like it 4

On 6/6/2022 at 1:22 AM, Clueby said:

@GeeTen He's ready to come home.

20220605_210451.jpg

Now I really have to find his Big Brother in the Bunker (somewhere) to get ready for the fill-up in a couple of weeks.   😋

• I like it 4

BOTTLE KILLER

Even with tempered appetite I've round filed HK, Old Scout SP (Jordon), 1.75 WSR, KC120 SP & ER. Wow sounds impressive but all were open on the bar and low enough to attack with gusto. Bottoms Up...Cheers!

• I like it 3

Finished these three recently.  Ezra is a store pick and the OF is an old bottle of Signature, which is a cut above the current OF100.

3 Empties.gif

• I like it 6

7 hours ago, IamMatt said:

Finished these three recently.  Ezra is a store pick and the OF is an old bottle of Signature, which is a cut above the current OF100.

3 Empties.gif

Nice!

I have a couple Ezra Brooks store picks and they are excellent.

• I like it 2

14 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

Killed this guy, then cracked open these two and blended up some poor man's pappy.

IMG_4486.jpg

IMG_4485.jpg

Nice @kemosabe, but gloves? It’s past 10:00 pm here in northern Illinois, and still 85°. :wacko: 

Enjoy! 👍

Biba! Joe

3 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Nice @kemosabe, but gloves? It’s past 10:00 pm here in northern Illinois, and still 85°. :wacko: 

Enjoy! 👍

Biba! Joe

I'm at 9000 ft. and can see snow from my chair.  It's a big world.

• I like it 5

16 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

I'm at 9000 ft. and can see snow from my chair.  It's a big world.

Wanna trade?  😏 Enjoy your Weller’s and the mountains. 

Biba! Joe

My latest. The bottle of Rush Creek pictured is 2/3’s full. I included it because it might soon disappear alá @Marekv8. (drain pour😏) I’ve had this for a while and tasted it multiple times. It sure doesn’t taste like the sample I had at the distillery. It’s a three year old wheated bourbon. I thought some air time might help. It didn’t. All I get is wood and alcohol. The Jefferson’s Ocean (Voyage 23) was a Xmas gift from my son. The MM and BT will be used to decant handles. 

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

• I like it 4

Emptied a MM Private Select. It was an excellent barrel. I’m happy, I have a backup to look forward ti opening, one day. 

Cheers

• I like it 3

I know it tends to get some hate, but I'm going to miss this one.  It surprisingly ended up winning two blind tastings, most notably beating out EHT Smb.  Living in MN, this will probably be my first and last bottle ever unless I win another raffle.

Image.thumb.jpeg.57c45ac8255aa6036680932728323426.jpeg

• I like it 5

54 minutes ago, Cibsie said:

I know it tends to get some hate, but I'm going to miss this one.  It surprisingly ended up winning two blind tastings, most notably beating out EHT Smb.  Living in MN, this will probably be my first and last bottle ever unless I win another raffle.

Welcome to SB.com!. And don't listen to the haters - they don't know squat (IMHO, of course)!  There are some bad bourbons out there, but Blanton's ain't one of them.   😋

Blanton's Trio.jpeg

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 7

37 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Welcome to SB.com!. And don't listen to the haters - they don't know squat (IMHO, of course)!  There are some bad bourbons out there, but Blanton's ain't one of them.   😋

Blanton's Trio.jpeg

I was into beer long before I was into bourbon, so I have to ask.  Is that a BC Coffee in the background?  I miss that one a lot since they stopped making it in 2017.

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, Cibsie said:

Welcome to SB Cibsie!   That's still a fine bourbon if you ask me.  I think Buffalo Trace is probably experiencing some consistency issues right now with their single barrels, but that can be a problem with almost any single barrel product.  I'm just guessing, but they might be lowering the standards a bit lately on picking the single barrels to put out more product.  But if you get a good barrel, it's still a very fine bourbon.  In fact, I've been enjoying a Blanton's open on my bar the past few weeks.  I'll probably be joining you very soon with an empty bottle myself! 

I think it's mostly people new to bourbon who crap on Blanton's.  As a way to show their knowledge and superior tastes - and as a way to reject all the hype and "tatering" that they themselves got caught up in.  No, Blanton's is not worth anything near the secondary values, but that's true of a lot of bourbons these days.

YMMV

Edited by Kepler
typo
  • I like it 5

20 hours ago, Cibsie said:

I was into beer long before I was into bourbon, so I have to ask.  Is that a BC Coffee in the background?  I miss that one a lot since they stopped making it in 2017.

You're right - it was a bottle of BC Coffee in the background (as well as an almost empty bottle of Weller Centennial 10 year that one of our distinguished Mods recognized).  It was an old pic!  

Here's a newer one that's living in our dining room now:

Blanton's Stash.jpg

And, yes, those are all used (!?!) Blanton's gold tops - export only (as is the STFB).  Acquisition is a long and oft-told story that I won't repeat here again.  😉

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.