Empty bottle(s) support group — 2022

Kjbarth
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finished off a 4 Roses Small batch select last night. Wanna know the best part? It was pulled from the bunker. :)

• I like it 3

21 minutes ago, MissMohawk said:

It's like a coming of age story... My first empty bourbon bottle 

IMG_20220410_214237.jpg

You have some work ahead of you to empty as many bottles of bourbon as I have of Bushmill’s, Tullamore, Jameson’s…..welcome aboard.

• I like it 1

40 minutes ago, MissMohawk said:

It's like a coming of age story... My first empty bourbon bottle 

IMG_20220410_214237.jpg

Looks like you went with the popular suggestion & took it to heart. Good Stuff Miss M...

What's next; A new one or a repeat performance???

Edited by bayouredd
  • I like it 1

21 hours ago, bayouredd said:

Looks like you went with the popular suggestion & took it to heart. Good Stuff Miss M...

What's next; A new one or a repeat performance???

I'll definitely be getting another Eagle Rare. I have a couple of different bottles here that will soon be joining the emptys. 

• I like it 3

Keeping with the MM theme.  One back in the bunker and I know where one is in town some definitely heading there Monday.

0AC42664-71D6-41C1-9A48-AA196D7F9516.jpeg

• I like it 6

I normally don’t drink bourbon over ice, but for some reason this ECBP was best with ice. Now, Weller 12 needs nothing but a glass, and maybe someone to share it with. 
021E8664-6D23-42BB-B3F0-CB946D51ACE2.thumb.jpeg.7c8616acd202e281473454734da45abe.jpeg

• I like it 12

6 hours ago, LCWoody said:

I normally don’t drink bourbon over ice, but for some reason this ECBP was best with ice. Now, Weller 12 needs nothing but a glass, and maybe someone to share it with. 
021E8664-6D23-42BB-B3F0-CB946D51ACE2.thumb.jpeg.7c8616acd202e281473454734da45abe.jpeg

If I'm sitting inside I'll add water to my ECBP but if out by the fire pit I'll drink it with a big cube.

• I like it 3

I brought a selection of 8 harder to find bourbons to Easter dinner for people to try. Some did not live to tell the tale:

image.thumb.jpeg.064debb5b860077598445786e2c1958c.jpeg

• I like it 8

Been working on this one for quite a while.  Bottle from a private barrel for charity.  Did good, did well.

Empty.JPG

• I like it 4

Celebrating being back in PR.  Finished a nearly empty bottle I have been nursing, rather like the last one above.  It was good, sweet with a bite (much like some of the local fauna).  I could be biased.  My son picked it up at the distillery for me, so sentiment is involved. 

I gave him a hard time over the name.  Until I tried it.

IMG_1385.JPG

• I like it 4

3 hours ago, Anwalt said:

Celebrating being back in PR.  Finished a nearly empty bottle I have been nursing, rather like the last one above.  It was good, sweet with a bite (much like some of the local fauna).  I could be biased.  My son picked it up at the distillery for me, so sentiment is involved. 

I gave him a hard time over the name.  Until I tried it.

IMG_1385.JPG

Killed off a 375 of private select myself right now with a heavy pour4C06478E-462D-4761-868D-5AE305C0086F.thumb.jpeg.75bb833e07ae1956c1a169468faadb82.jpeg

• I like it 4

On 4/11/2022 at 2:32 PM, MissMohawk said:

Another one bites the dust...

IMG_20220411_203042.jpg

Do you by chance have access to MM 101 in ☘️🍀 @MissMohawk? 🙂

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

16 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Do you by chance have access to MM 101 in ☘️🍀 @MissMohawk? 🙂

Biba! Joe

No, I haven't come across it anywhere here. Makers Mark and Maker's 46 is all I can seem to find. 

• I like it 1

Here's the latest and greatest to say goodbye. 😢

Biba! Joe

DSC_0004.JPG

• I like it 5

10 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

That's one heck of a goodbye!

5 hours ago, Anwalt said:

That's one heck of a goodbye!

Well, since I retired, I’ve gotten a bit lazy. 😗 Some of my empties end up sitting around a while before I decide to put them in their proper place. FWIW, I keep empty 200’s & 375’s for experiments, blends and samples for friends, family, and just maybe a liquor store manager or two. 😉

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

41 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Well, since I retired, I’ve gotten a bit lazy. 😗 Some of my empties end up sitting around a while before I decide to put them in their proper place. FWIW, I keep empty 200’s & 375’s for experiments, blends and samples for friends, family, and just maybe a liquor store manager or two. 😉

Biba! Joe

Ah.  Makes sense.  Especially the store manager part.

Our empties seem to find their way (or so I've informally heard from the recycling outfit) to the fine people who make pitorro in the hills of Puerto Rico.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitorro

• I like it 1

On 4/24/2022 at 5:29 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

DSC_0004.JPG

I'm sensing a theme.

• I like it 3

11 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

This was good, not great. Big squat bottle clears up a lot of room on the shelf though!

3B3C24B0-1453-4BA5-938B-167168CAFD92.jpeg

I agree with your assessment, good not great as I revisted after you post.   There was so much hype around that bottle, makes you wonder the why often these days.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.