Empty bottle(s) support group — 2022

Kjbarth
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

2 hours ago, 0895 said:

Enjoying some balcony time this afternoon.

D46F105F-D06D-4EC8-8D14-604076AD6861.jpeg

Nothin' like bourbon at the beach, I say.

• I like it 3

5 hours ago, 0895 said:

D46F105F-D06D-4EC8-8D14-604076AD6861.jpeg

That looks a lot like the area between Gulf Shores, AL and Panama City Beach 

• I like it 1

21 minutes ago, JCwhammie said:

That looks a lot like the area between Gulf Shores, AL and Panama City Beach 

Good call.
Fort Morgan area.

😁

This B521 batch didn’t get a lot of love but I’ve never had a bad one! 

6CC6D8B7-BB2B-419D-AB0A-15358A68BD1B.jpeg

• I like it 6

Killed a Barton Chocolate Cream this morning smoking some sirloins for steak and eggs.

20220515_103105.jpg

• I like it 8

Finished this off last night. Coming in at 139.4 most of the bottle hit like a punch from Mr Sandman. The last third of the bottle was all flavor, but with the punch strength of Glass Joe.  I have a few of these bunkered. I hope the next bottle is just as good. 

Cheers

AF1F7BE0-BFBB-4139-B508-F860A00DC5FF.jpeg

• I like it 11

20 minutes ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Finished this off last night. Coming in at 139.4 most of the bottle hit like a punch from Mr Sandman. The last third of the bottle was all flavor, but with the punch strength of Glass Joe.  I have a few of these bunkered. I hope the next bottle is just as good. 

Cheers

AF1F7BE0-BFBB-4139-B508-F860A00DC5FF.jpeg

That's a great one. 

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

Killed a Barton Chocolate Cream this morning smoking some sirloins for steak and eggs.

Nice @Clueby. I sure wish the Barton Chocolate Bourbon Ball was available up here in northern Illinois.😔

Biba! Joe

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Nice @Clueby. I sure wish the Barton Chocolate Bourbon Ball was available up here in northern Illinois.😔

Biba! Joe

I had it muled in from KY.

• I like it 2

On 5/12/2022 at 5:13 PM, 0895 said:

I channeled my inner @0895today. 

20220519_180050.jpg

• I like it 11

Home alone and now even (makers) Mark has left me 😂😂 this was good, I need to replace a few empty bottles soon, I'm running very low. 

IMG_20220520_191556.jpg

• I like it 4

19 hours ago, Clueby said:

20220519_180050.jpg

That looks like a beautiful view! 

• I like it 1

Hit the bin this morning. 

The JWD has become an everyday staple for me. The OGD hit the spot as a change of pace. The ER was good as always, but this bottle didn't blow me away. The EW SiB was just under 8yrs old; tasty but lacking any real depth.

IMG_3268.jpg

• I like it 5

It’s been a long week.😐 Finished off a few good ones. The OF BIB will be missed most of all. A bit of history with that 375 ml. I was on the way to the KBF many years ago with @WAINWRIGHT. We stopped on the way down to eat lunch. We had a quick bite and stopped at a liquor store across the street. They had a bunch of the OF BIB 375’s. We bought ‘em all and split ‘em. A bit later, I gifted @Vosgar a bottle. This was the bottle that I gifted him. As per his wishes, the bottle came back to me after his passing. 🥲

Biba! Jo

image.jpeg

• I like it 12

On 5/18/2022 at 7:28 AM, Clueby said:

20220517_220821.jpg

I want to give that a thumbs up, but I can't bring myself to do it. That makes me want to cry. 

I really liked this one.  They may only use other peoples' stuff, but they sure do know how to blend it.

2022-05-21 10.55.01.jpg

• I like it 7

10 hours ago, Anwalt said:

I really liked this one.  They may only use other peoples' stuff, but they sure do know how to blend it.

2022-05-21 10.55.01.jpg

Yep agree they really know how to blend.  I haven't had that one but I've had several Barrell's that I really love. 

• I like it 3

Polished off a Weller 107 SB last night. While it was a good, not great pour, these are becoming harder to open knowing I will not replace them anytime soon. Stopped by the store this afternoon on the way home from work and what was left on the shelves reminded me of what a sad state the bourbon world is at retail these days.

• I like it 4

Dropped a OF 100 Sig last night. Tonight finished of a bottle of WTRB after a long day at work. Think there might be another one or two run dry before or after the long weekend. Just means more reinforcement need to make their way up from the basement!

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.