Empty bottle(s) support group — 2022

Kjbarth
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Final pour of the freezer bottle goes into a cocktail to enjoy while sitting on the patio watching Cards baseball. 

5341FCDC-F845-47C6-A843-F71E3989C1CD.jpeg

BE146E9A-6898-4260-BF56-8AB1CEB1D278.jpeg

• I like it 11

Sometimes it surprises me when I see how many empty bottles have accumulated, solemnly waiting their turn in the big blue bin of destiny.  But, I enjoy looking over the lot of them, reflecting on the pleasure they have provided.  And, of course, considering how best to replace them in the cabinet!

Empty Bottles 081322.jpg

• I like it 11

to many open bottles and need to kill some before opening anything else so been drinking this the last couple of days.

ewempty.thumb.jpeg.9ea43f2a5e4783f5319ed1d8e081cd19.jpeg

• I like it 5

On 8/6/2022 at 6:04 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

A month?  C’mon Harry. Your blend should be ready in about another 1/2 hour. 🤗

Biba! Joe

Well, tonight 14 Aug while cleaning a crock pot.  It sure seems like a month has passed since I made it.

YUM!

• I like it 4

12 hours ago, Swamp55 said:

Sometimes it surprises me when I see how many empty bottles have accumulated, solemnly waiting their turn in the big blue bin of destiny.  But, I enjoy looking over the lot of them, reflecting on the pleasure they have provided.  And, of course, considering how best to replace them in the cabinet!

Empty Bottles 081322.jpg

Impressive work there.  Did any of these stand out particularly?

• I like it 1

30 minutes ago, 0895 said:

This one went way too quick… 

CF4973F2-DDEA-4FDB-AE94-FD93CA462D95.jpeg

That is a gigantic Glencairn!!!

• I like it 2

43 minutes ago, 0895 said:

This one went way too quick… 

CF4973F2-DDEA-4FDB-AE94-FD93CA462D95.jpeg

image.png

• I like it 3

11 hours ago, Kepler said:

Impressive work there.  Did any of these stand out particularly?

While I liked all of those bottles, perhaps the two most outstanding to me were the Barrell Batch 028 and the Remus Repeal Reserve Series V.  Both of those had that "extra certain something" that identifies a bourbon as special to me.  Great aroma, complex taste, great mouthfeel, you know what I'm talking about.  Unfortunately, these are also bottles that I cannot easily replace with identical items.  By the time I get a chance to open a new Barrell batch and find that I really like it, that batch is no longer available in the marketplace and I end up giving a new batch a try.  (Shampoo, rinse, repeat...)  Each item in the Remus RR line is available a bit longer, but I find bottles of these hard to locate.  I managed to find three bottles of the Series IV (which I liked even more than the Series V), but unfortunately I don't have a backup of the Series V.  Oh well, I guess if I could always find plenty of everything, it would take the fun out of looking, eh? 

• I like it 2

29 minutes ago, Anwalt said:

Have you tried 32 yet?

No.  My most recent purchase is the 031, which I like a lot.  Have you had the 032 yet?

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Swamp55 said:

Have you had the 032 yet?

I have two bottles waiting for me in PR.  In Ohio now.  The 32 has gotten some rave reviews for that's worth.

• I like it 1

On 8/14/2022 at 11:59 AM, Swamp55 said:

While I liked all of those bottles, perhaps the two most outstanding to me were the Barrell Batch 028 and the Remus Repeal Reserve Series V.  Both of those had that "extra certain something" that identifies a bourbon as special to me.  Great aroma, complex taste, great mouthfeel, you know what I'm talking about.  Unfortunately, these are also bottles that I cannot easily replace with identical items.  By the time I get a chance to open a new Barrell batch and find that I really like it, that batch is no longer available in the marketplace and I end up giving a new batch a try.  (Shampoo, rinse, repeat...)  Each item in the Remus RR line is available a bit longer, but I find bottles of these hard to locate.  I managed to find three bottles of the Series IV (which I liked even more than the Series V), but unfortunately I don't have a backup of the Series V.  Oh well, I guess if I could always find plenty of everything, it would take the fun out of looking, eh? 

Good feedback.  I've only had a couple of the Remus RR but they have both been very nice.

• I like it 2

Recent empties

20220815_191809.thumb.jpg.a8669d19d1b46ed7f08fdf77b8934c13.jpg

The Rebecca Creek 12CS was excellent MGP.   

I think/hope this was the last of my OF1910 bottles and I won't be replacing it. 

The 1792 SmB was a barrel pick from more than 5 years ago.  It was solid but no better than the standard Ridgemont Reserve NAS it replaced in the 1792 lineup, according to a blind I did some time ago.

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 11

On 8/12/2022 at 9:39 PM, JCwhammie said:

0B6774A8-74F1-46B4-8FF8-9B0AC29CB9E1.jpeg

Got my first bottle of this at a VA ABC store in Farmville. Stoked to try it and glad to see it enjoyed by yourself!! Couldn't talk myself in to the next price tier up Bowman yet but could be in the works

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, 0895 said:

One down, 13 KC picks to go…

E22DD88E-CA1F-4102-B5C8-50D660DD1E97.jpeg

That is some fine performance art there, folks!

On 8/14/2022 at 9:46 PM, FasterHorses said:

4D0FE17F-6577-41DA-99C5-42179EB7F06B.thumb.jpeg.68af935405980a82b53d54f79e0f6139.jpeg

What did you think? 

I loved all the Heaven Hill labelled products I ever had: the bonded black label, the 80 proof white label and the 90 proof green label.

I never seem to find em any more, certainly didnt spend enough time searching for em in KY when I went last.

This one seems to unfortunately have some hype being pushed on it. I hope it is delicious but not too too popular. I am not open to tatering myself for a 7 year whiskey even if I would love it.

Hopefully HH Visitors center will provide me one at a handy MSRP price. Also gonna ask em for the toasted tater bottle too when I go.

Edited by Dannabis

17 minutes ago, Dannabis said:

What did you think? 

I loved all the Heaven Hill labelled products I ever had: the bonded black label, the 80 proof white label and the 90 proof green label.

I never seem to find em any more, certainly didnt spend enough time searching for em in KY when I went last.

This one seems to unfortunately have some hype being pushed on it. I hope it is delicious but not too too popular. I am not open to tatering myself for a 7 year whiskey even if I would love it.

Hopefully HH Visitors center will provide me one at a handy MSRP price. Also gonna ask em for the toasted tater bottle too when I go.

I dont want to like it because of HH shenanigans with the 6bib being rplaced by this more expensive version.  Swore i wouldnt buy it but.. 

I dont like it near as much as the 6yr White label. That was a classic taste and they did not reproduce that here. This looks and tastes lighter although i know it cant be. It’s not as complex or rich to me as the 6. It has its own thing going on and its pretty good but nothing stellar. A solid pour that i will buy again if i see around $46. Cant see myself chasing this one as its good but just not that special. Not much oak but oddly a bread,yeast thing .. is that what yall call baking spices? A solid B.

• I like it 1

24 minutes ago, Dannabis said:

Hopefully HH Visitors center will provide me one at a handy MSRP price.

I was there Wednesday, see the Distillery Trips forum.  The Bottle Your Own is one heck of an opportunity for about another 2-3 weeks with the 14 y HHSS.  I made comments on the gift shop as well, though that changes rapidly.  Rumor was grenades were coming out.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.