Empty bottle(s) support group — 2022

Kjbarth
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

17 hours ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

This was good, not great. Big squat bottle clears up a lot of room on the shelf though!

3B3C24B0-1453-4BA5-938B-167168CAFD92.jpeg

I had a few and they were great. Don't you have a short shelf or two around that regular bottles won't fit?

A trio of BIBs heading to the bin tonight. All very good. Each somewhat distinct in flavor.

IMG_3190.jpg

• I like it 2

18 hours ago, JakeySnakes said:

A trio of BIBs heading to the bin tonight. All very good. Each somewhat distinct in flavor.

IMG_3190.jpg

Three bottles I've never seen in my area.  Envious as I'm a BiB fan.

This was a bit of a disappointment, I have to say.  It's certainly not bad and has a lot of complexity but it just doesn't have that "wow" factor that I would expect for the price.  In that respect, it reminds me of Little Book 3.  Frankly, I enjoy drinking plain old WT101 more that this.  The 101 tastes younger and less complex but is just more delicious to my palate.  But I know there's a lot of people out there that really love this...

saffel empty2.jpg

• I like it 2

On 4/29/2022 at 1:47 PM, TunnelTiger said:

Three bottles I've never seen in my area.  Envious as I'm a BiB fan.

It's funny, there's one store I go to for the Early Times and one store I go to for the JWD. These are the only stores that carry each. The HH I can find around for inflated prices (easy pass), but I can only find it for retail consistently at yet another store (sometimes I give in as I do like it).

• I like it 2

Bottle down, bottle up. I finished a bottle of BT, so of course I opened another. ^_^ I decided to reach to the back of the shelf a bit and pull out a Binny’s ps from a few years ago. 🤗  Pretty sure I won’t be disappointed. If only I didn’t have so many open bottles, I might have graabed another ps BT (from a different store) to do a ps sbs.

FWIW, I so wish that I could’ve made it to our get together in Bardstown this year. Cheers to y’all that did make it! 🥂 I’ve been having a few pours in your honor from afar. 

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

• I like it 7

Some bottles disappear anonymously without a pictorial memorial.

And so it was.

Took AE rye & bourbon to a friend's place for dinner.  Finished them off (with the help of several guests) and forgot to take pics (and much else besides).  Success, with several sweet tooths sated.

<hic>.

• I like it 2

Yet another “swap out”. 😁

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

• I like it 6

Latest group ready for the bin.  Classics to the right, upstarts to the left.  My good buddy right down the middle.

20220506_173840.jpg

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 5

3 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Latest group ready for the bin.  Classics to the right, upstarts to the left.  My good buddy right down the middle.

Yowzer! 

image.gif.3bfb50c38f7f8791d7de4f020aa9a8fb.gif

BTW @Kepler, what’s the letter on that  Blanton’s topper?  😉

Biba! Joe

21 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Yowzer! 

Biba! Joe

That would be N sir.

• I like it 1

Thought that this would have been killed last weekend in Bardstown, but not sorry I had to take one for the collective team with the last 3 pours tonight :)  

Think I have only one more GBS OBSK packed, but the memories of Jim Rutledge thieving whiskey into glasses that @BigRich passed out, along with hearing Jim share candid thoughts on bourbon will last a lifetime :D 

IMG_20220506_203442.thumb.jpg.43af91672d4bbc078eb4c4ce001be0c6.jpg  IMG_0821.thumb.JPG.161c35263e4b55cbfe4befae50470848.JPG

• I like it 5

Hard to let this one go.  Very good whiskey.  Whiskey aside, I will hold on to this bottle because it’s just so damn beautiful.   It’s like sacrilegious to have it thrown in a landfill… 😞

EF24C52C-EF05-4A7C-9972-69B5431BAD52.jpeg

Edited by smokinjoe
Yeah, picture would be helpful…
  • I like it 9

On 4/30/2022 at 2:16 PM, fosmith said:

This was a bit of a disappointment, I have to say.  It's certainly not bad and has a lot of complexity but it just doesn't have that "wow" factor that I would expect for the price.  In that respect, it reminds me of Little Book 3.  Frankly, I enjoy drinking plain old WT101 more that this.  The 101 tastes younger and less complex but is just more delicious to my palate.  But I know there's a lot of people out there that really love this...

saffel empty2.jpg

I really like the Saffell.  The only issue is the price, which is always an individual choice.   I find it equivalent to a really good store pick of Russell's Reserve.  This is not an original thought, I have stolen this idea from others.  I happen to agree with them on this bottle.  I did like it enough to buy a case at a very discounted case price back when it was released.  I would never pay the premium price for this bottle however.  I would just pick up a private barrel pick of RRSiB and not look back.

• I like it 1

14 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Yowzer! 

Biba! Joe

1st "N" - opposed right front and rear legs.  2nd "N" easily identified with both right legs going to the rear - full gallop towards the finish line!  🤑

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

1st "N" - opposed right front and rear legs.  2nd "N" easily identified with both right legs going to the rear - full gallop towards the finish line!  🤑

Yeah. There’s also a .  on the second “N”. I know cause I have two extras and one on the Blanton’s I have open. 😡

Biba! Joe

2 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Yeah. There’s also a .  on the second “N”. I know cause I have two extras and one on the Blanton’s I have open. 😡

Biba! Joe

I recall that there's a : after the second N.  I could be wrong, though, since I gave mine away last year...

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, fosmith said:

I recall that there's a : after the second N.  I could be wrong, though, since I gave mine away last year...

No, you're right and @fishnbowljoe is a little "short"!  😂

18 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Hard to let this one go.  Very good whiskey.  Whiskey aside, I will hold on to this bottle because it’s just so damn beautiful.   It’s like sacrilegious to have it thrown in a landfill… 😞

I completely agree, Joe. that’s a fantastic bourbon. And to me, the WT Masters Keep bottle is the classiest bottle going. 

20 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Love it.

6 hours ago, fosmith said:

3 hours ago, GeeTen said:

No, you're right and @fishnbowljoe is a little "short"!  😂

“After further review.” Okay, I can admit when I’m wrong. After a close inspection, a little cleaning, and another close inspection, I can see it is a colon and not a period. 🫥

As for being a little short. 🤐 Nope. Not gonna do it.  🤫

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

On 4/27/2022 at 12:03 PM, Mattk said:

I had a few and they were great. Don't you have a short shelf or two around that regular bottles won't fit?

I’ve had one that was amazing. And I think last years Coy Hill was also amazing albeit much older. 

My open bottles are spread out over several shelves, surprisingly none are too short for most bottles.

• I like it 2

Sad to see this one go. I’ve not purchased any WSR since price jumped to $30.  And with reduced barrel allocations it seems like the chances of finding any more SiB picks are pretty slim. Not sure many stores will pick WSR when they also have 107 and FP as options. . . 

7FBA647A-FE72-4276-8E64-F382DAD76AD8.jpeg

Edited by Bob_Loblaw
Duplicate picture
  • I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.