Empty bottle(s) support group — 2022

Kjbarth
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Evan gave up the ghost in service to my Manhattan.  Filled up the happy side of the jigger twice, with a dribble to spare. I always did like that Williams boy. Such a good kid. 

IMG_20220913_210349.jpg

• I like it 5

On 9/13/2022 at 10:18 PM, Thomm said:

I always did like that Williams boy. Such a good kid. 

The EW 1783 is my wife's go to.  Every time she sees the bottle she says "Oh, Evan."  She doesn't talk to me like that. 😁

• I like it 5

Rocking through these three tonight:

Small pours.

Started with OF100,

Moved to EW1783

And am finishing up on some MMCS

• I like it 2

12 hours ago, Dannabis said:

Rocking through these three tonight:

Small pours.

Started with OF100,

Moved to EW1783

And am finishing up on some MMCS

Could be the right thread, but you'd have to polish off that EW 1783. Depending on the current fill level, you may be starting a new thread entitled "Why the hell did I do that?"

• I like it 1

So, here's the next batch to bite the dust.  As I look at these bottles, I appreciate how great it is to have a wide variety of whiskey to choose from on a regular basis.  No matter what my mood is, what I may be eating while I drink (if anything), or what level of whiskey expertise is held by someone I may be drinking with, I can always find something just right.  (Goldilocks!)  I just did a quick, rough count and see that I have around 70 different types of whiskey (and whisky) open in my cabinet at the moment.  That makes choosing my next pour feel like a kid in a candy shop!  Choice is good!  Cheers!

Empty Bottles 092022.jpg

• I like it 5

Very nice- my only one of these is on it's last legs. one more day and it's gone. It's got one more blind to contribute to...

• I like it 2

7 minutes ago, RT Fan said:

Had to double down to put my Knob Creek out of it’s misery. That doesn’t make me a bad person does it?

CA807169-11C1-4649-9363-4B0B8FD43C27.jpeg

Best Part about an empty KC 9 is it is easy to refill...lol

• I like it 1

After last night, a couple more bottles will be making their way to the blue bin. 😐

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.4b3be1ae40fcf1c42af983cddbb8949c.jpeg

• I like it 5

Easy come, easy go.  One friend gave me a bottle in the am.  A bunch of others helped ensure it would not burden my luggage in the pm.  Fun times in Houston.

4R.jpg

• I like it 3

3 hours ago, Kepler said:

The latest damage done in this household 

20220924_152441.thumb.jpg.f99ddfa94596bc9ba697e8b10635fbd8.jpg

Finally! Many folks have posted pics of OFSB Barrel Proof (or BIB?). Never seen one in my area. One store here did do a 90proof pick. Your’s is the only other one I’ve heard tell of. I hope it was as good as mine. 😋

Biba! Joe

6 hours ago, Kepler said:

The latest damage done in this household 

20220924_152441.thumb.jpg.f99ddfa94596bc9ba697e8b10635fbd8.jpg

Very nice variety there. A sign of a true bourbon enthusiast, IMHO. Good on ‘ya. 

Cheers 

• I like it 2

Probably my favorite bottle of the HH “budget brands” thus far.  This bottle had a fantastic profile of cinnamon gum, oak, and hint of what I often describe as eucalyptus w/ HH that really won me over.

Thanks to @JCwhammie for putting this on my radar.

648F86BC-125D-47A1-937D-6CE437F86E1C.jpeg

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.