Empty bottle(s) support group — 2022

Kjbarth
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

39 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

I dont want to like it because of HH shenanigans with the 6bib being rplaced by this more expensive version.  Swore i wouldnt buy it but.. 

I dont like it near as much as the 6yr White label. That was a classic taste and they did not reproduce that here. This looks and tastes lighter although i know it cant be. It’s not as complex or rich to me as the 6. It has its own thing going on and its pretty good but nothing stellar. A solid pour that i will buy again if i see around $46. Cant see myself chasing this one as its good but just not that special. Not much oak but oddly a bread,yeast thing .. is that what yall call baking spices? A solid B.

When the HH7 came out in CA, I bought a bottle and did a SBS with the HH6 that I traded a OE7 for.  Both my friend and I thought the HH6 was better.  The HH7 is ok but not worth chasing IMO and overpriced at $50. 

• I like it 4

One of the saddest things you can do is blind a bottle with its no-longer-available predecessor. 

• I like it 4

8 minutes ago, 0895 said:

now try Willett pot still 🤣

Heeheehee! 

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg.7c72f38b669d0bf7b3e51b1de469dc96.jpeg

• I like it 2

A ps BT and my 375 ml freezer bottle of OF 86 served me well. I have more of both thank goodness. 🤗

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.482456b5b0e1125cde2cd01ec2dc0920.jpeg

• I like it 4

9 hours ago, 0895 said:

now try Willett pot still 🤣

As I got to the check out at the liquor store today, I chuckled out loud. There on a shelf behind the check out counter with the LE’s and allocated items was a bottle of Willett Pot Still. 😆 The gal knew me, and asked me what was up. I told her that the Willett had come up in a discussion I had recently. 😉

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

On 8/16/2022 at 8:11 AM, Dannabis said:

Got my first bottle of this at a VA ABC store in Farmville. Stoked to try it and glad to see it enjoyed by yourself!! Couldn't talk myself in to the next price tier up Bowman yet but could be in the works

You should've talked yourself into it., 

The John J. Bowman is stellar and worth every bit of $50.00       

• I like it 5

On 8/18/2022 at 2:40 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

You should've talked yourself into it., 

The John J. Bowman is stellar and worth every bit of $50.00       

Agreed, JJB is better than most of the other Sazerac products people lust after and many bottles people pay $100+ for, for that matter.

• I like it 3

28 minutes ago, 0895 said:

well that is sad indeed 

Sad today yes, but it left behind many happy memories 😀

• I like it 3

On 8/15/2022 at 7:32 PM, Kepler said:

Recent empties

20220815_191809.thumb.jpg.a8669d19d1b46ed7f08fdf77b8934c13.jpg

The Rebecca Creek 12CS was excellent MGP.   

I think/hope this was the last of my OF1910 bottles and I won't be replacing it. 

The 1792 SmB was a barrel pick from more than 5 years ago.  It was solid but no better than the standard Ridgemont Reserve NAS it replaced in the 1792 lineup, according to a blind I did some time ago.

That is some serious work there. Good job!

• I like it 1

15 hours ago, Jazz June said:

Agreed, JJB is better than most of the other Sazerac products people lust after and many bottles people pay $100+ for, for that matter.

🤫

Yup!   It's really, really good.   I haven't seen it around here, (Baltimore Metro area), in a while.   We'll be spending some time near Fredericksburg next week and hope to pick up a bottle, or two, at the distillery.  

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

🤫

Yup!   It's really, really good.   I haven't seen it around here, (Baltimore Metro area), in a while.   We'll be spending some time near Fredericksburg next week and hope to pick up a bottle, or two, at the distillery.  

They were out for a while due to a glass shortage but last I heard it was back in stock. Hope you can snag some.

• I like it 2

7 hours ago, Jazz June said:

They were out for a while due to a glass shortage but last I heard it was back in stock. Hope you can snag some.

That's the plan!    

Thanks!

• I like it 1

Bottle of OF100 bit the dust last night. Need to hit the store this week for some wine for the wife so I hope to find a replacement. With the market getting more and more crazy for just regular bottles these days, I'm going to start collecting and wearing watches with my normal bourbon funds and drink what I have in the basement. This shit is just getting crazy these days.

• I like it 1

Tonight I finished off a Jefferson's Reserve store pick from one my visits to Kentucky several years back.  It was a fairly nice bottle for what it was.   But more that the taste, it was a nice souvenir from a memorable trip. 

The fun times we have with our friends and family while enjoying the whiskey experience is so much more rewarding than the whiskey itself.

• I like it 6

Here are two terminals who will spend the last vestiges of their dotage combined.   Similar proofs,  the Tempy is 95/25 MGP,  full of dill and no corn.   The Tumbly is the highest-rye bourbon I know of (36%), also from MGP, and makes this a knockout bourye.

20220827_132337.jpg

• I like it 2

The Tumble-Temp bourye.   Just about 50/50.   Better than the sum of its parts.

20220827_133409.jpg

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.