Empty bottle(s) support group — 2022

Kjbarth
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

This was actually good.

I was skeptical at first.

I probably won’t go out and buy myself one, but as bourbon gifts go, it’s one of the better I’ve received.

85293C4C-6FDA-4493-9125-4393F34D45CD.jpeg

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 2

4 minutes ago, 0895 said:

This was actually good.

I was skeptical at first.

I probably won’t go out and buy myself one, but as bourbon gifts go, it’s one of the better I’ve received.

85293C4C-6FDA-4493-9125-4393F34D45CD.jpeg

Et tu, Brute?

First time trying the Gold.  I liked it quite a lot.  Passed it around the table.  Everyone else evidently liked it quite a lot as well.  It went rather quickly.

Empty Gold.jpg

Edited by Anwalt
  • I like it 7

6 hours ago, Anwalt said:

First time trying the Gold.  I liked it quite a lot.  Passed it around the table.  Everyone else evidently liked it quite a lot as well.  It went rather quickly.

The gold has always been my favorite, even over the barrel proof.

• I like it 3

7 hours ago, Anwalt said:

59 minutes ago, 0895 said:

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Same here.  And, by a country mile.  

• I like it 4

The 375ml bottles are cute, but damn they get empty real fast. 

I also concur that Blanton’s gold is the best of the bunch. SFTB has been kind of a hot mess in my experience 

B340A61B-C016-4D7F-94AC-2814214DF502.jpeg

• I like it 4

A bottle of regular FR Small Batch doesn't slosh around anymore. Great news is, there is now a open spot in the cabinet for a full bottle to stand in line to be emptied!

• I like it 4

I have a few to report.  🫡 The Weller’s are empty as a result of a Weller step ladder climb the other night. The FR 1.75,  as you can see is empty, but I emptied it to fill a few future freezer bottles. 🥶 Not pictured is a FR that I posted about before. I was gonna save it to refill from the FR 1.75, but I opted to fill the plastic 375’s for freezer bottles instead. Also not pictured is a MM. it was refilled from one of the 1.75’s I have. Pheeeeeeew…..😓

Biba! Joe

image.thumb.jpeg.e1bc9063de57c541117f213e7dfd95df.jpeg

• I like it 7

Few of the MMLE. They are/were good no complaints. Have opted to pass on this years BRT release. My MM itch gets scratched w 101 and multiples of the PS barrel(s) I helped out with.  Last years selection sold out in record time. So much so that they re-ordered the same stave profile for this year. Very curious to see how close to the OG it will be. 

5B6C0FD6-38F4-4D27-905D-46B132F6CB4E.jpeg

• I like it 4

Beginning of month status update. Several additional projects nearing completion and should be able to report their closure this time next month.

34BD993B-5FF0-487F-BBB6-28E3E1ED5C7F.thumb.jpeg.35e74fe8d1840d970b68fac9ebdc6a59.jpeg

• I like it 4

The under sink empties are being transferred to the garage bin finally.

Dickel 8yr was ok. Not bad but not great. Just kinda very average and enjoyable,  but not too memorable. 

ER Single Barrel Select was fantastic. Not totally off-profile, but noticeably brighter and richer than the standard. Glad I was able to get a backup. Opened this bottle on baseball's Opening Day, and hoped to finish it watching the Mets in the World Series, but it was not meant to be (they blew it). Will open the other bottle Opening Day 2023.

OGD 114 was good as always. Not much more needs to be said. 

1792 SmB has been getting pricey near me (~$35-$40). Found this on sale for $27 so picked it up. Nice bold, classic profile which pretty much always agrees with me.

IMG_4045.jpg

• I like it 4

always hate to see these go...

little nervous about my ability to procure these reasonably in the future.

image0.jpeg.dd498ecbf5819fc256ed8b9282fabf7b.jpeg

• I like it 5

Emptied the bottle, way too much in the glass (about 2.5 measures), oh well! . Having a drink this evening to celebrate getting a promotion in work. 🥃🎉🥳🥳

IMG_20221109_175445.jpg

• I like it 8

2 hours ago, MissMohawk said:

Emptied the bottle, way too much in the glass (about 2.5 measures), oh well! . Having a drink this evening to celebrate getting a promotion in work. 🥃🎉🥳🥳

IMG_20221109_175445.jpg

What is this “way too much…” of which you speak??

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, MissMohawk said:

IMG_20221109_175445.jpg

Congrats on the promotion and on the bottle kill! 

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, Bob_Loblaw said:

Congrats on the promotion and on the bottle kill! 

All things must be celebrated 😆 thank you! 

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, MissMohawk said:

All things must be celebrated 😆 thank you! 

If a little is good, a lot must be great!  Congrats and enjoy!

• I like it 1

4 hours ago, MissMohawk said:

Bottle kill! Congrats on the promo :D

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, MissMohawk said:

IMG_20221109_175445.jpg

Worth it!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.