What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today? (Spring 2022)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Starting the holiday weekend early with a few solid pours of OF100.  Planning on a little sale shopping tomorrow but I wonder if I shouldn't just pick up a case of OF100 @ $17.48 per bottle.

I know I won't because I like diversity and enjoy hunting a little but still.  I know I will still walk away with more OF on sale tomorrow so....it is all good.

• I like it 5

Deck parties up and down the block,  with the occasional firework on the beach.   The wind is bracing and the tipple is ECBP.

• I like it 1

• 4 weeks later...

Tonight. Drinking a Healthy pour of Traverse City 7 Yr 4 months Barrel Proof Rye SWFLBS Store pick. And some Knob Creek 120 Proof 9 yr store pick. Right now the Rye is winning out

• I like it 3

a delicious WTKS store pick from ace spirits from a few years ago.

Edited by steven s
  • I like it 6

Hi. Guys. Having a Elijah Craig 8 Yr. Barrel Proof Store Pick. Tonight. 132.4 Proof. It’s really decent. However. Adding a few drops of Water. Really opens this bottle up. It was a Store Pick for Liquor Depot Englewood Florida. 

• I like it 3

I'm also enjoying an ECBP SiB pick.  134.7 proof and it (dangerously) drinks like about 110.  I finished off both of my 2020 expressions A12 and B520) so I didn't have an open bottle of ECBP in the cupboard.  Can't let that happen.

ECBP Dram Code.jpg

• I like it 3

Mrs. Clueby said she wanted something "smooth" tonight. This is about as close as I could get.20220805_195759.thumb.jpg.60d5e244c288451ae3a4cd3a3af994a2.jpg

• I like it 2

7 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Mrs. Clueby said she wanted something "smooth" tonight. This is about as close as I could get.20220805_195759.thumb.jpg.60d5e244c288451ae3a4cd3a3af994a2.jpg

Are you sure she meant bourbon?😉

• I like it 2

On 7/30/2022 at 10:42 PM, Craig. C. Hively said:

Tonight. Drinking a Healthy pour of Traverse City 7 Yr 4 months Barrel Proof Rye SWFLBS Store pick. And some Knob Creek 120 Proof 9 yr store pick. Right now the Rye is winning out

Ok, so I tried several iterations of Traverse City bourbon at the distillery store in downtown Traverse. I poured out every single one of the sample pours. 

However,  none were rye. Your posts have me curious. I am heading to Michigan in a few weeks. I will see if I can find the rye in a bar.  I will all over the state so I will find it somewhere. I have good things about the rye.

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

Are you sure she meant bourbon?😉

Unfortunately,  I'm pretty sure. 🤣

• I like it 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/20/2022 at 12:06 AM, flahute said:

Calumet 14 and wow is this good. I've been resisting this and the 15 for a while now because I've long gotten past the temptation of the NDPs that have been proliferating. However, Big Rich's endorsement as well as one of my colleagues resulted in a weak moment. Was at my local after work for other reasons and saw one lonely bottle on the shelf and capitulated and I'm really glad I did!

By now, you probably have had time to compare the Calumet’s 14,15, maybe 16. Do you have a preference? Or are they so close to not make a difference. Thank you in advance. 

Cheers

4 minutes ago, Wedelstaedt said:

By now, you probably have had time to compare the Calumet’s 14,15, maybe 16. Do you have a preference? Or are they so close to not make a difference. Thank you in advance. 

Cheers

The 16 just showed up this past week and it’s $155 so I passed because the 15 is only $100 and I like it quite a lot. 
initially the 14 was better to me but as time passed I really came to like the 15 more.  

• I like it 1

7 minutes ago, flahute said:

The 16 just showed up this past week and it’s $155 so I passed because the 15 is only $100 and I like it quite a lot. 
initially the 14 was better to me but as time passed I really came to like the 15 more.  

Thank you for your insight, I have become a bit jaded towards NDPs, so I  been hesitant to give one a go. But, I don’t like to be bull headed, especially to my detriment 😁, therefore I have been eying the Calumets.
I’ve noticed generally your palate aligns with mine, so I thought if you are happy, then I probably will.  So, next time I’m out, gonna snag one. I will report back. 

Cheers

4 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Thank you for your insight, I have become a bit jaded towards NDPs, so I  been hesitant to give one a go. But, I don’t like to be bull headed, especially to my detriment 😁, therefore I have been eying the Calumets.
I’ve noticed generally your palate aligns with mine, so I thought if you are happy, then I probably will.  So, next time I’m out, gonna snag one. I will report back. 

Cheers

I was a holdout until I saw Big Rich liking it so even us NDP hesitant guys like you can be swayed.

• I like it 2

Had some RRSiB, OF Statesman and WT 101 in that order while watching the Clemson/NC State game.  Had them in a weird order...not sure why.   The Statesman was also cracked open for the first time....never had that before, it was interesting. 

Oh yeah, and go Tigers!

• I like it 1

I should be watching the Eagles but for the moment Art Farmer and Jim Hall killin' it CTI style have claimed me.

These are my three solera bottles,  which I am fiddling with.  The ones squatting in the WR special and  Laws WH House bottles have been sipped and taste balanced and "right".  For now these are done and as good as anything in the house.  The WR aims for a BT feel,  and the Laws leans Beamy.

The Frey Ranch remains unfinished.  The base of Frey Ranch and Leopold Bros. BIB were too far apart,  and I've been tailoring the blend with other quality remnants.   I just threw in 3 ounces of Pikesville and it's immediately been improved

20221002_140255.jpg

Edited by Jazzhead
  • I like it 1

Is Wash CDRs @ Dallas Cowboys.  They both playing like HS Jr. Varsity teams.  SO!  I sipping on OGD BIB to keep my interest up.  Drizzly and 55 degrees outside so the only alternative is a nap or paying bills.  These end of Summer/beginning of Fall days are tough to get through.  THANKS, Grand-Dad.  You my favorite relative.B)

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Is Wash CDRs @ Dallas Cowboys.  They both playing like HS Jr. Varsity teams.  SO!  I sipping on OGD BIB to keep my interest up.  Drizzly and 55 degrees outside so the only alternative is a nap or paying bills.  These end of Summer/beginning of Fall days are tough to get through.  THANKS, Grand-Dad.  You my favorite relative.B)

Have to agree that the bourbon might have been more interesting than the game.  I think I'd like to meet your Grand Dad. 

Edited by TwoFingers
Drunk spelling
  • I like it 2

I might dip into my Weller Blend later, although I don’t have much left. 😬 Both the Colts and Bears didn’t get the job done today. Hey, at least the Cubs are finishing out their season strong. They’ve won 7 in a row, including their final home game of the season today over the Reds 8-1. The Cubs had their ground crew sing the 7th inning stretch.  😎 ⚾🧢

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Wentz v Rush.  Just not a lot of intrigue.  Terry McLaurin is a super talent who is being wasted with mediocre QB play.

• I like it 1

On 10/2/2022 at 7:27 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

I might dip into my Weller Blend later, although I don’t have much left. 😬 Both the Colts and Bears didn’t get the job done today. Hey, at least the Cubs are finishing out their season strong. They’ve won 7 in a row, including their final home game of the season today over the Reds 8-1. The Cubs had their ground crew sing the 7th inning stretch.  😎 ⚾🧢

Biba! Joe

My wife’s from Brookfield and is a lifelong Cubs fan.  Big deal here is taking relatives to Nats Park for Cubs-Nats.

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

My wife’s from Brookfield and is a lifelong Cubs fan.  Big deal here is taking relatives to Nats Park for Cubs-Nats.

I went to Nats Park once around 2014.  I remember Strasburg was on the mound and Bryce Harper played.  I don't even remember who they played.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

I went to Nats Park once around 2014.  I remember Strasburg was on the mound and Bryce Harper played.  I don't even remember who they played.

When Bryce left for the Phillies, we stopped watching him.  Tony Kornheiser called Strass a “hot house flower”. Truer words were never spoken.  If I’d been a Lerner, I’d have kept Tony Two Bags and Tres Turner.  ANDJuan! But I guess pitchers get extra credit.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.