What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today? (Spring 2022)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

EW 1783 after cutting grass and weeds. 🥵 Man it was hot.

With weather like this, the Paw paws are growing like crazy too.

• I like it 5

11 hours ago, Kepler said:

I like that glass

Thanks, I picked it up at the OF distillery last fall.  

• I like it 2

On 6/15/2022 at 2:03 PM, TunnelTiger said:

Agree with this advice 100%.  You like what  you and don't like those that you don't no matters others taste.

Over the last several years I've tried several bottles of  BT and ER and while very popular to me the taste is just off.

I concur. I bought an ER once and after that, my path to truly enjoying it is to simply avoid it completely, its worked out VERY well!! Good thing there are so many varied flavor profiles out there in bourbonia.

• I like it 1

18 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

OGDBIB on a smoking hot evening in Indiana.

Smoking hot middle-of-the-day so I started early - wife rearranging all (like SHELVES' WORTH!!) of her plant/seedling stuff - lights, trays, rolling cart, lean-to greenhouse) now that Summer's almost here while I stay out of her way and "clean up" my email.  HENCE, I not driving or going outside, so, . . .

OGD BIB in my coffee cup while I do some "online banking".  Sure hope I'm awake when it is dinner time.:o

Today, 90+ F and NO BREEZE; tomorrow all day no higher than 80 F so I work outside all day tomorrow (well, 10 AM to 3 PM) with nary a sip of bourbon as POWER TOOLS!! be at hand, I am not foolish enough to think . . .😉

• I like it 2

17 hours ago, Kepler said:

I like that glass

I hate to let my anal retentive alternate self out, BUT!!

How big is that cube?  How much 1920 in the glass?  I've not played with diluting the 1920 (as I just buy the 1897 100 so I don't have to think about it), but now you have me wondering -- could 1920 diluted to about 100 proof be BETTER to my palate than 1897 neat?  AND, on hot days, could 1920 with a cube hold uo better than 1897 with a cube?

Inquiring mind over here, as fuzzy as it is, wants to know!

• I like it 1

Rebel 100on ice while waiting to hear if offer on new home is accepted.  fingers crossed.

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, Harry in WashDC said:

I hate to let my anal retentive alternate self out, BUT!!

How big is that cube?  How much 1920 in the glass?  I've not played with diluting the 1920 (as I just buy the 1897 100 so I don't have to think about it), but now you have me wondering -- could 1920 diluted to about 100 proof be BETTER to my palate than 1897 neat?  AND, on hot days, could 1920 with a cube hold uo better than 1897 with a cube?

Inquiring mind over here, as fuzzy as it is, wants to know!

Hi Harry!  Well I had an OF1920 with a 2 inch square cube last week, but I think your question was actually intended for @JCwhammie, with his OF1920 in that awesome looking OF rocks glass.

• I like it 1

Friday, work week, End - Done, dammit, leave me alone...

Start with the Colonel - SiB

Polish off ole' George Remus - fairly large pour

Short pour WRDO

1 more CEHT SiB

My food better get here or I won't care anymore...

Happy Friday, All!!!

• I like it 5

Toasting the last day of my wife's school year, and my son at daycare. They both are looking forward to having the summer off, and I'm looking forward to not having my son come home with a daycare cold every other week!

IMG_3383.jpg

• I like it 9

34 minutes ago, JakeySnakes said:

Toasting the last day of my wife's school year, and my son at daycare. They both are looking forward to having the summer off, and I'm looking forward to not having my son come home with a daycare cold every other week!

IMG_3383.jpg

You deserve a nice pour on both counts. Enjoy your summer with the family!

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

Smoking hot middle-of-the-day so I started early - wife rearranging all (like SHELVES' WORTH!!) of her plant/seedling stuff - lights, trays, rolling cart, lean-to greenhouse) now that Summer's almost here while I stay out of her way and "clean up" my email.  HENCE, I not driving or going outside, so, . . .

OGD BIB in my coffee cup while I do some "online banking".  Sure hope I'm awake when it is dinner time.:o

Today, 90+ F and NO BREEZE; tomorrow all day no higher than 80 F so I work outside all day tomorrow (well, 10 AM to 3 PM) with nary a sip of bourbon as POWER TOOLS!! be at hand, I am not foolish enough to think . . .😉

I find having a nice pour when banking, balancing the checkbook or budget makes me a little less p....d off by the nitpicky fees and higher prices. 

• I like it 2

WTRB this evening.   A front came through and made a mess of the yard but to broke the high heat we’ve had for a week, so I’ll take it.

• I like it 1

1792 Fool Proof.   That's not a typo.   Hits the spot every time.

20220617_201551.jpg

• I like it 3

4 hours ago, Kepler said:

Hi Harry!  Well I had an OF1920 with a 2 inch square cube last week, but I think your question was actually intended for @JCwhammie, with his OF1920 in that awesome looking OF rocks glass.

@Harry in WashDC to be honest, I'm not sure how big the ice cube was. When I make these cubes they vary in size. I'm guessing it was about 2-2.5 Oz of 1920.

Something I occasionally do is throw a cube in, do about 20 or so spins with the handle of a small spoon along the sides of the glass, then remove the cube. This gets it nice and chilled without diluting it too much. Give that a shot!

• I like it 1

Four fingers wide of freezer FRYL - SWMBO is with the Lexington grandbabies tonite while daughter #2 and hubby are at a Dave Matthews concert for her ## birthday! 

I can snore tonite with NO repurcussions or sore sides.  Life is indeed great!   🤩

• I like it 7

16 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Four fingers wide of freezer FRYL - SWMBO is with the Lexington grandbabies tonite while daughter #2 and hubby are at a Dave Matthews concert for her ## birthday! 

I can snore tonite with NO repurcussions or sore sides.  Life is indeed great!   🤩

Four fingers wide huh. 🤔 Pinky or middle finger sized?  🤣🥃

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

41 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Funny about this, Frank.  About an hour ago, I put a 4R YL in the fridge in anticipation of the END of yard work tomorrow regardless of how nice it'll be.  If I'm done by 3 PM, I figure that I'll be out of the shower and "resting" with a cat on my side by 4PM.  Great minds . . .😉

• I like it 4

20220618_050906.thumb.jpg.883b5e61bef44c4a19a9bfa84c0916e0.jpg Sunrise in a few minutes at the beach.   The dog and I are preparing to greet it,  with the aid of a wee bit of morning dew in the form of a Dickel 15.

20220618_053447.jpg

Edited by Jazzhead
  • I like it 12

19 hours ago, TunnelTiger said:

Rebel 100on ice while waiting to hear if offer on new home is accepted.  fingers crossed.

Well that didn't go well.  Seller wants to wait to see what other offers they get before countering.  Rescinded the offer and celebrated by opening a bottle of  WTRB.  Delicious.

• I like it 2

Pulled a store pick KCSiB out of the bunker that probably goes back 5-6 years. First, I was reminded of how bad that wax used to be - made a mess of course. I am SO happy they solved that problem.

Second, I'm reminded of how great those picks used to be. This one predates the era of the exact age information on the label but I have a friend locally who works for Beam and he would always email the barrel program manager to find out for me and because of that I know that this one was 12 yrs old. 12 yr Beam at 120 proof. Yes please!

• I like it 7

34 minutes ago, flahute said:

Pulled a store pick KCSiB out of the bunker that probably goes back 5-6 years. First, I was reminded of how bad that wax used to be - made a mess of course. I am SO happy they solved that problem.

Second, I'm reminded of how great those picks used to be. This one predates the era of the exact age information on the label but I have a friend locally who works for Beam and he would always email the barrel program manager to find out for me and because of that I know that this one was 12 yrs old. 12 yr Beam at 120 proof. Yes please!

My mouth started watering reading this post because I know how great a KC barrel pick like that can be.  Enjoy!

• I like it 2

45 minutes ago, Kepler said:

My mouth started watering reading this post because I know how great a KC barrel pick like that can be.  Enjoy!

Fixed 

20220618_193919.thumb.jpg.bdd51edd68a26700e618fd868c33a478.jpg

KC120 store pick

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.