What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today? (Spring 2022)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I just finished catching up on all the episodes of Obi-Wan Kenobi series with the wife.  Now I poured a KC12 to finish off the evening.

• I like it 4

Earlier, I finished off a MM PS, a favored bottle, which I had nursed for 2 years. 
Staying with the wheat side of life,  Larceny BP.  Quite a change in profile from MM, but enjoyable nonetheless. 

Cheers

• I like it 2

Summer cold. 🥴  Freezer pour of OF 86 in the glass. So far, so good. 🤞Watching a few of episodes of Expedition Unknown with Josh Gates. This show is a bit hokey. The guy always finds something, but not quite what he’s actually looking for. It’s no brainer, fun  entertainment, with a little bit of history thrown in. A pleasant distraction amidst all the turmoil going on in the world right now. I kinda like it. 🤗

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

5 hours ago, Kepler said:

Fixed 

20220618_193919.thumb.jpg.bdd51edd68a26700e618fd868c33a478.jpg

KC120 store pick

Well played!

• I like it 1

Just got back from a fundraiser dinner and auction that supports local farmers and am having a pour to cap off the night. The KCSIB from the bunker I mentioned earlier came up with a store pick FRSiB from 2015. It's a TW pick but back then all the samples were good so they couldn't mess it up. It is fantastic. OESK at 108.4 proof.

• I like it 7

6 minutes ago, flahute said:

Just got back from a fundraiser dinner and auction that supports local farmers and am having a pour to cap off the night. The KCSIB from the bunker I mentioned earlier came up with a store pick FRSiB from 2015. It's a TW pick but back then all the samples were good so they couldn't mess it up. It is fantastic. OESK at 108.4 proof.

I’ve never had a bad OESK. Coming in at 108.4 is a Bonus!  Hail to The Cult!

Cheers

• I like it 6

29 minutes ago, Wedelstaedt said:

I’ve never had a bad OESK. Coming in at 108.4 is a Bonus!  Hail to The Cult!

Cheers

Hell yes! We haven't celebrated the Cult enough lately.

• I like it 5

11 minutes ago, flahute said:

Hell yes! We haven't celebrated the Cult enough lately.

Here ya go!  A 10yr OESF from back in 2015. 
Minty! 😉

6AFD268B-3A8E-4290-900A-A116D4B23D1A.jpeg

• I like it 6

3 minutes ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Here ya go!  A 10yr OESF from back in 2015. 
Minty! 😉

6AFD268B-3A8E-4290-900A-A116D4B23D1A.jpeg

Hell yes! Well done sir.

• I like it 3

21 minutes ago, flahute said:

Hell yes! Well done sir.

Another good one from 2015.  Hail!

Cheers

04C41C1D-B4F1-4FF6-8885-01FEA36368B4.jpeg

• I like it 9

4 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Cheers

04C41C1D-B4F1-4FF6-8885-01FEA36368B4.jpeg

I'm new so I have to ask.  Where did you get that glass?

46 minutes ago, MissMohawk said:

Some Wild Turkey while watching the F1. 🥃 

Also watching, albeit it on DVR delay.  Get to skip through the commercials that way.  Cheers! 🏎️ 🏁

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, Wedelstaedt said:

Cheers

6 hours ago, Cibsie said:

I'm new so I have to ask.  Where did you get that glass?

They used to sell them on this site a few years ago.  But I don't see the merchandise page anymore so they must have sold out.

• I like it 1

Opened up the Rebel 10 with no expectations, because I have the Freezer OF86 on standby...

Holy WTH Batman!!! I don't think that I have had a more desertier bourbon, ever than this!!!

Slight banana, bubble gum, plum & berries with a very surprising short side of medium finish. Zero burn, no rye, of course. I will try to get a second one but will pull it out for certain occasions. Almost too deserty... My Honey didn't even winch; tell-tale right there...

• I like it 6

42 minutes ago, bayouredd said:

Opened up the Rebel 10 with no expectations, because I have the Freezer OF86 on standby...

Holy WTH Batman!!! I don't think that I have had a more desertier bourbon, ever than this!!!

Slight banana, bubble gum, plum & berries with a very surprising short side of medium finish. Zero burn, no rye, of course. I will try to get a second one but will pull it out for certain occasions. Almost too deserty... My Honey didn't even winch; tell-tale right there...

I love Rebel Yell 10 year.  One of my favorite wheaters. 

• I like it 2

Orphan Barrel Old Blowhard 26 after a tedious day in the yard. 

FA780668-6E17-40AE-B4BF-48FD713E27E2.thumb.jpeg.5f718f8aad456a6a727856e66bd04ebf.jpeg

• I like it 2

Happy Father’s Day SB!

I took a couple mini ER store picks over to my in laws and blinded three willing relatives who are fairly novice bourbonites. All three felt the left sample was much higher proof while the one on the right was “mellower”. However, on overall scoring the left one prevailed 2 to 1. Everyone was surprised to learn they are identical proof/product and that all those differences really show how single barrels can be varied. 

E58076CF-49B6-412E-BEB9-1410D2DFE097.jpeg

• I like it 7

55 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

FA780668-6E17-40AE-B4BF-48FD713E27E2.thumb.jpeg.5f718f8aad456a6a727856e66bd04ebf.jpeg

You came out of the bunker today!  :)

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Nice Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots 😀

• I like it 2

5 hours ago, Kepler said:

They used to sell them on this site a few years ago.  But I don't see the merchandise page anymore so they must have sold out.

Yeah I'm pretty sure I was last man in on that one...

Happy Fathers Day to all dads!

sitting out on patio after a Tomahawk steak dinner and sipping on some Saffell. Life is good, at least today it is. Brian Adam’s Summer of 69 playing on the outdoor speakers. 5D3E09D0-2DF1-4A73-B813-5A1F3FE6B195.thumb.jpeg.3f21ec35be2dc8e18f0834b940b25343.jpeg

Edited by Kjbarth
  • I like it 6

Had 2 healthy drams of Grandpa Weller's 4 Grain (GW4G) blend last night with my Father's Day dinner.  24 oz +/- slice of well-marbled prime rib, garlic mashed potatoes and stir-fried veggies.  Slept like a baby, but my ribs really hurt this morning when I woke up.  SWMBO was already up, stomping around the kitchen - guess she didn't sleep well or something.   😳

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 2

13 hours ago, Kepler said:

Nice Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots 😀

Thanks-- it's an original MARX set from 1965. We had some kids over on Friday night and hauled down some vintage toys to get them off their gadgets. The Red Rocker and Blue Bomber never fail to please.

• I like it 5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.