What Bourbon Are You Drinking Today? (Spring 2022)

smokinjoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Finally having the ol factory in working order post-Covid, enjoyed some short pours this afternoon of Bookers 2022-01 and Barrell Craft Spirits Gold Label Seagrass (which just didn't hit me right, but will give a few more tries).  Then while packing/sorting, discovered a forgotten, decanted PHC 6 (Blend of Mashbills).  The acronym on my post-it taped to the bottle (PHC BOMB) is a pretty apt description.  Just a stunning whiskey that showcases HH at it's best.  

• I like it 5

Finishing off a Remus Reserve V after grilling out some steaks.

• I like it 5

The Eagles enjoyed another Tequila Sunrise.  I am enjoying another Bourbon Sunset.  OF100 in the glass.  The sun heading down on the horizon to wrap another day.

• I like it 6

Couple pours of JB SiB; getting close to the end.

Really going to be pi$$ed if the replacement isn't at least this good!!!

• I like it 2

I had a couple of pours of OF100 and then @fishnbowljoe unknowingly and telepathically said "Boy, you need to drink some Weller."  So, the nightcap is OWA.  I can't ignore the Weller Whore.  C'mon now.  Sun down, fireworks in the background, OWA in the glass.  Saturday evening is transitioning into Sunday.  OF100 is great.  OWA is spectacular.

• I like it 6

Signals must have gotten crossed @mbroo5880i. My bad. 🤔 Situation remedied. A ps old label OWA is in my glass now. 😎

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

Buffalo Trace from the hotel bar up on the balcony.

96805193-EB0E-4286-93F9-97925D15AEEC.jpeg

• I like it 4

4 hours ago, GaryT said:

Finally having the ol factory in working order post-Covid, enjoyed some short pours this afternoon of Bookers 2022-01 and Barrell Craft Spirits Gold Label Seagrass (which just didn't hit me right, but will give a few more tries).  Then while packing/sorting, discovered a forgotten, decanted PHC 6 (Blend of Mashbills).  The acronym on my post-it taped to the bottle (PHC BOMB) is a pretty apt description.  Just a stunning whiskey that showcases HH at it's best.  

I tasted that once.  I think it's still my favorite HH I've ever tasted.  I haven't had the older PHC however.

• I like it 3

PHC Blend of Mashbills is probably my fave PHC.  Gorgeous whiskey!

• I like it 4

57 minutes ago, Kepler said:

MGP sounded good tonight.  SAOS 9 yr PS in the glass now.

I'm keeping my MGP train moving down the tracks 🚊 ...

Stellum Bourbon in the glass now.   This bottle was underwhelming when I first tried it, but it seems to have opened up quite nicely.  Pretty good bourbon, especially when my palate is in the mood for that special MGP baking spice note goodness.  Nothing else scratches the baking spice itch like a good MGP bottling.

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 3

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

I'm keeping my MGP train moving down the tracks 🚊 ...

Stellum Bourbon in the glass now.   This bottle was underwhelming when I first tried it, but it seems to have opened up quite nicely.  Pretty good bourbon, especially when my palate is in the mood for that special MGP baking spice note goodness.  Nothing else scratches the baking spice itch like a good MGP bottling.

I wanted to lower the proof for my last pour of the night, so going with a 10 year SAOS single barrel at 102 proof.  Fantastic bourbon.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Kepler said:

MGP sounded good tonight.  SAOS 9 yr PS in the glass now.

10 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I wanted to lower the proof for my last pour of the night, so going with a 10 year SAOS single barrel at 102 proof.  Fantastic bourbon.

Some of those older SAOS SiB bourbons were epic and as good a whiskey as a person could enjoy. 

Cheers 

• I like it 2

On 6/19/2022 at 7:40 AM, Cibsie said:

I'm new so I have to ask.  Where did you get that glass?

Just as Kepler said, these glasses were available from the website several years ago. 
Mine is a gift.  
Welcome to the forum. This is the best whiskey site on the ‘ole  interwebs, without question. Read & post, informs us, informs you. 

Cheers

Tonight, I have wandered around my bar. Finished off a 4R SmB. Then moved to a

really nice MGP PS, then finished off a Larceny BP. But I still am craving the spiciness, that only Wild Turkey can deliver. So…..WTKS it is. Yes Sir!

Cheers

• I like it 4

Blantons SiB with a friend.  While making Emeril's Bolognese sauce in bulk from scratch for the week.

• I like it 3

Last night was some 1843 and WT 101. Both very good. Thinking of opening a Bombergers later!!!

• I like it 2

Our offer on new home was accepted today so starting early with a nice 3 finger pour of WTRB. Probably going to be my last one for awhile as it has gone to $62.99 here.

• I like it 6

1 hour ago, TunnelTiger said:

Our offer on new home was accepted today so starting early with a nice 3 finger pour of WTRB. Probably going to be my last one for awhile as it has gone to $62.99 here.

Congrats!

• I like it 1

Last night turned into a Weller ladder climb. I’ve been a good boy lately, so it’s been a while since I’ve done any climbing. 😉 It was a nice evening. 🪜🥃

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

• I like it 6

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Last night turned into a Weller ladder climb. I’ve been a good boy lately, so it’s been a while since I’ve done any climbing. 😉 It was a nice evening. 🪜🥃

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg

That's one heck of a climb!   Way to go!

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.