What Bourbon Did You Purchase (Spring 2022)

PaulO
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

shitfuck UT! All at retail I assume. I'm 2+ hrs from the utah border. Hmmmmm

On 7/11/2022 at 10:41 PM, Mano said:

Tried to add photo to previous post, but I guess you can't edit after a certain amount of time.  Got everything from friends, and picked up a couple more bottles. Here is what I was fortunate enough to get the past two weeks all together. I have not seen a drop like this since the bourbon craze began.

20220710_114554.jpg

That will be hard to repeat! Id be thrilled with just the W12s. What a month! Congrats!

• I like it 1

On 7/8/2022 at 10:28 PM, Cibsie said:

Finally found the elusive Triple Mash Jack in my area at a run-down liquor store.  Not quite as good as the Bonded, but I'm happy to have it.  I'll have to revisit this in a couple weeks.

Image.thumb.jpeg.e8d48fc9b0d4281483d04cbf456dc38a.jpeg

Damn...this is still not that good.  Might end up being an old fashioned/jack and coke bottle.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Cibsie said:

Damn...this is still not that good.  Might end up being an old fashioned/jack and coke bottle.

Yeah, but why ruin Coke?

I think my problem with it is the malt flavor just powers through and dominates it.

STILL looking for OGD BIB to drop locally.  The Virginia ABC website says I can find a few no more than four hours' drive, round trip, from me.  I'll wait for the trucks to hit the stores tomorrow then check again;  I have several in the bunker, but I'm getting itchy to replenish just in case . . .

MEANTIME, I did pick up some more OGD 114, a 750 of EWW, and a Bernheim KS Wheat Whiskey.  Until somebody here recently posted a pic containing a Bernheim, I'd forgotten about it.  Having some now.  Is really creamy with a small cube in 2 ounces.

• I like it 2

Lately I've been Very Curious about Very old Barton. The Makers came along for the ride, as I can't in good conscience leave a liquor store having only spent $20. 

I know it's an overused adjective, but it really fits (after a small neck pour sampling) in the case of the VOB: this is a "solid" bourbon. Won't knock anyone's socks off, but so far I'm pleased. Heck, if I hated it, I could still find a use for this enormous bell-shaped jug as a dead blow mallet. IMG_20220721_160230.thumb.jpg.8040090d7f53a791dd38ad7740ba455d.jpg

• I like it 3

4 hours ago, Thomm said:

Lately I've been Very Curious about Very old Barton. The Makers came along for the ride, as I can't in good conscience leave a liquor store having only spent $20. 

I know it's an overused adjective, but it really fits (after a small neck pour sampling) in the case of the VOB: this is a "solid" bourbon. Won't knock anyone's socks off, but so far I'm pleased. Heck, if I hated it, I could still find a use for this enormous bell-shaped jug as a dead blow mallet. IMG_20220721_160230.thumb.jpg.8040090d7f53a791dd38ad7740ba455d.jpg

I can’t remember the last time I saw the green label 86.  Cool find.  I am a regular buyer of the red label 90 proof though, as it is a very solid everyday bourbon for me. These VOBs from top to bottom are the epitome of great budget bourbons.  

• I like it 1

Weller Full Proof store pick.  A package deal with some rum.  More interested in the rum but the WFP should be fun too.

• I like it 3

17 hours ago, Thomm said:

If you like the Barton 86, you should really seek out the 100 proof version.  That is one of my best budget pours of all time (beats out many more expensive bottles).  Some how the extra proof brings the flavor and mouth feel to the next level.

• I like it 1

On 7/21/2022 at 8:45 PM, smokinjoe said:

I can’t remember the last time I saw the green label 86.  Cool find.  I am a regular buyer of the red label 90 proof though, as it is a very solid everyday bourbon for me. These VOBs from top to bottom are the epitome of great budget bourbons.  

I may have to do some searching for the other two proofs. I have only seen the 86 in my neck of the woods. 

Couldn't pass these 2 by today.  @ $45 each.  Seems a bit much for the MM101, but I'm happy to find the CEHT at that price these days.  Into the bunker for now.

IMG_4657.jpg

• I like it 9

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.