What Bourbon Did You Purchase (Spring 2022)

PaulO
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

8 minutes ago, B.B. Babington said:

here's about 3rd of recent purchases.  few I'm excited about

213632691_P6300016(2).thumb.JPG.dfe03c72461773d5ed3519ebdb6aca95.JPG

notice the tiny EC rye, I've not seen that before.  I've very excited to try the mekong catfish river water.  ecstatic to get the folly.  I wasn't sure Virginia would get much

1392312999_P6300017(2).thumb.JPG.107e5c5b941a915ef5598e090fc22398.JPG

I was surprised to get the lock stock ry for mere $60.  It passed thru sometime ago..  I like it.  Though Bardstown if big deal here, I'm very unimpressed. I'll do study before slamming it, that is #6 & #7 fusion #7 discovery 

1369209206_P6300018(3).thumb.JPG.5fd09692a6821651e9a4cfcffd2919f7.JPG

38299657_P6300019(2).thumb.JPG.03e6ddc828c6dbc0877ae8a0bb94ecab.JPG

Harper 15 yea, love that one.  I'm out o' loop?  how long Bernheim using this label?

4761668_P6300020(2).thumb.JPG.cebbc87e6a1725a82094f02fc5771bf2.JPG

some cool ones here.  that's ragged branch top shelf.  and surprised to get more of Fred Noe's excellent Courvoisier.  It's been off shelf here for months to year.  It's great tuff for same price as standard Courvoisier.

1844591592_P6300021(2).thumb.JPG.c4bb52d57788dc3f8dd7b578ba3f866b.JPG

Lots to like there.  LSB for $60?  what is the age on it?  Not that it matters.  Just curious.

th.jpg

8 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Lots to like there.  LSB for $60?  what is the age on it?  Not that it matters.  Just curious.

well, what matters is this proves once again I'm stupid.  LSB used to be dime dozen here and I passed, but this is ... "dang" ... (real word get be admonished by mods) good.  Not complex nor heavy on aftertaste, but different and tasty. They call this vatted straight rye and has a 2006 on label but bottling date??  100 proof.  Oh, forgot to mention, it's tasty.

• I like it 1

11 minutes ago, B.B. Babington said:

well, what matters is this proves once again I'm stupid.  LSB used to be dime dozen here and I passed, but this is ... "dang" ... (real word get be admonished by mods) good.  Not complex nor heavy on aftertaste, but different and tasty. They call this vatted straight rye and has a 2006 on label but bottling date??  100 proof.  Oh, forgot to mention, it's tasty.

I found it on their website.  I am all in at $60.  I also like the EC Rye.  All the others are great too but I was focused on the LSB.

A complex blend of hand-selected straight rye whiskies from Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Indiana, and Alberta aged 4-18yrs, with a 9 year old heart.

4 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I found it on their website.  I am all in at $60.  I also like the EC Rye.  All the others are great too but I was focused on the LSB.

A complex blend of hand-selected straight rye whiskies from Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Indiana, and Alberta aged 4-18yrs, with a 9 year old heart.

Alberta does some incredible stuff.  Much of their material is just okay, like the cask strength they're pushing these days.  But they do Masterson's 10 year which is super, pricey at maybe $75 but good.  Alberta is source for lots of name brands, Whistlepig, and tons of smaller labels.  The absolutely astounding Jefferson's 25 year rye thought to be Alberta.

I went shopping too, and what a day it was.  I had been talking to the manager to get some items not seen much lately.  Well, she was able to get a couple KCSB for me.  I rounded out my order with RR 10 year and OF 100, then got an ECBP A 122 in the lottery. 🥳

• I like it 6

Went to the official grand opening of a nearby restaurant/bar and enjoyed some Stagg Jr 17, Weller 12, Weller 107, and Little Book.  Stopped in the local LS about a mile up the street and they had apparently discovered a case or two of of ECBP C921 so I had to relieve them of one. 

• I like it 3

Laughing my head off, the guy told me all they had was these C921s. I just opened the bag at home and it is A122.  Cool.

11 minutes ago, IamMatt said:

Laughing my head off, the guy told me all they had was these C921s. I just opened the bag at home and it is A122.  Cool.

Is the A122 more highly regarded.

11 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Not sure the current MSRP for Weller 12 but it is probably around $40.  However, very few find it for that price.  The last bottle I purchased was over a year ago and I paid $63.99.  While I bought plenty back in the day for $19.99, its scarcity and demand command a higher price these days so I am willing to pay up for a known quality 12-year old wheat bourbon.  I would certainly pay $70 for a bottle if I knew it was on the shelf somewhere.  If I happened to come across a bottle and had it in hand, knowing me, I would maybe go a little higher.  However, also knowing me, I would probably walk around the store with it my hand thinking long and hard about it before, ultimately, buying it.  

Thank You. This is exactly why I joined. 

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, PaulO said:

There is some consensus that the 2022 releases are better than the last couple of years but I have always said that saying "this is the worst ECBP batch" is kinda like saying "She is the ugliest Victoria's Secret model."

• I like it 5

5 hours ago, Grady330 said:

Thank You. This is exactly why I joined. 

So i was out grocery shopping and ventured into a LS that I do not frequent because of high prices. They had a Weller 12 on the shelf. $350, also Antique $ 299.00. Blantons SB $ 199.00.  But they had WT 101 for $33. I do not understand.  I have never seen Stag Jr around here ever, but they had it. $450.00.   I guess that's why they are all on the shelf.  I buy the Blantons approx. every 3 months when my guy gets them, for $80 !!

Woohoo, a couple bottles each of OF100 and OF100 rye for $23.99 and a JDSB store select for $49.99.  Of course some EWBIB for $17.99 for mixing and storing in freezer.

• I like it 3

On 7/1/2022 at 11:14 AM, Grady330 said:

Saw that around here for 1300.00 to 1800.00, my guy has it at 1K. Too much for me. Question. Anyone have an idea of what a decent price is for Weller 12?

It sells for $50 here when you can find it.

2 hours ago, Grady330 said:

So i was out grocery shopping and ventured into a LS that I do not frequent because of high prices. They had a Weller 12 on the shelf. $350, also Antique $ 299.00. Blantons SB $ 199.00.  But they had WT 101 for $33. I do not understand.  I have never seen Stag Jr around here ever, but they had it. $450.00.   I guess that's why they are all on the shelf.  I buy the Blantons approx. every 3 months when my guy gets them, for $80 !!

In ohio the state liquor authority doesn't allow stores to sale for more than MSRP.  So the bottle of Blantons I got yesterday was $60 and I get OWA for $50.

Blantons is hard to come by,

OWA not as much if you show up on delivery day when they start selling.  I have 4 bottles on my shelf I picked up last mon th.

• I like it 1

Calumet is all around Milwaukee. Didn’t see much else I can’t find at home. 

55F4FC6A-1CF1-4605-A89D-FD3D12860043.jpeg

• I like it 6

1 hour ago, JT3NSB said:

Calumet is all around Milwaukee. Didn’t see much else I can’t find at home. 

55F4FC6A-1CF1-4605-A89D-FD3D12860043.jpeg

I know there has been some discussion on this forum about people having trouble finding OGD 114 in certain states. If this happens to be the case for you, I can steer you in the right direction in the greater Milwaukee area. $21 a bottle at my local favorite  liquor store.  

Went to a liquor store about 40 minutes away in Cypress today for their parking lot party, sampled a lot of nice bottles, pounded down a hot dog, and came away with some great bottles.  The new owner, Jeff, is a great guy, really trying to build his business and take care of his clientele.

Got 2 bottles of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof B522 (along with 2 bottles of EC Small batch in the bundle), a bottle of Calumet 16, a Fiddler Georgia Heartland barrel pick, and a 375ml of Joseph Magnus.

Down the street to another store for a Jack Daniel's Single Barrel Barrel Proof and a few bottles of Early Times Bottled in Bond.

And I reported earlier that yesterday picked up a bottle of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof A122. 

Quite the weekend.  Gotta start drinking more and buying less!

7-2-22 Bottles.gif

• I like it 12

23 hours ago, IamMatt said:

Win!

23 hours ago, PaulO said:

IMO, yes

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, hughewil said:

a little prepurchase before my kentucky trip this weekend

crown.thumb.jpeg.6d7501734a886d0d46413ddec4a8d553.jpeg

Crown Peach with unsweetened iced tea is divine.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, hughewil said:

a little prepurchase before my kentucky trip this weekend

crown.thumb.jpeg.6d7501734a886d0d46413ddec4a8d553.jpeg

Nice that they started putting that age where you can see it again.

• I like it 1

They had an insane drop the past couple of days at the Utah stores. Dropped Parker's, HH17, OF 9, 11, 14 & 17, RR13, FRLE, BSFB, BG, W12, JD10 and several others. All at isolated locations at different times, and they only let each person pick 1. I have a friend in a remote location that doesn't drink who picked me up a bottle of RR13 and OF14 ( he had his wife with him ).

signal-2022-07-07-12-11-43-000.jpg

and I was able to get a couple of bottles of W12.

signal-2022-07-06-14-21-44-147.jpg

Edited by Mano
  • I like it 19

WARNING, I think.  B-F is playing with us again.  I bought a bottle of JDB BIB yesterday for $36 plus tax which is about what I paid for a bottle last month.  BUT!  This bottle is heavily embossed while the earlier one is a basic blocky JD shape.  THIS one was 700 ml while the earlier one was (and several earlier than THAT one were) one Liter.

Also, lots of OGD 114 on the shelf but NO OGD BIB.  I bought discounted 4RYL with the JDB BIB 700.

Edited by Harry in WashDC
700 not 70. Fingers are numb from overwork. Vacuumed the house today
  • I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.