What Bourbon Did You Purchase (Spring 2022)

PaulO
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

27 minutes ago, bayouredd said:

My stereo from the late seventies, still rocks because of this. I could get into a whole breakdown but, bourbon rules the night; so not needed here...

Go for it Redd!  We're listening. 😀  Or feel free to continue this intriguing conversation over in the 'What's Got Your Ear' music thread if you want

Edited by Kepler
  • I like it 1

Happy Father’s Day Eve-Eve and Eve, to me!  😂

F8E816E1-0992-4FD6-A181-85EEE2324261.jpeg

• I like it 11

WT101. I’ve cases of the stuff, but I just can’t help myself 🤷‍♂️😄

Cheers

• I like it 6

A old friend came in for the weekend.  He brought the WT-F&S.  The others are from the weekend running around distilleries and LS

C768662E-6740-49D4-AB13-F93CBA12C06F.jpeg

• I like it 9

1 minute ago, markandrex said:

A old friend came in for the weekend.  He brought the WT-F&S.  The others are from the weekend running around distilleries and LS

Seems like a rather nice weekend.

This was a present from the neighbors.  They wanted to do some private swim lessons for their grandson and couldn’t find a pool.  We volunteered ours.  Good trade for me!

A603BBF2-B421-499B-8538-7FF8E0198F0B.jpeg

• I like it 10

29 minutes ago, markandrex said:

This was a present from the neighbors.  They wanted to do some private swim lessons for their grandson and couldn’t find a pool.  We volunteered ours.  Good trade for me!

I opened my bottle of this a few weeks ago, and it was excellent.  Really wish I had purchased another when I had the chance, but just didn't know.

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, markandrex said:

If you have both, how does the Calumet 16 compare to the 15?

• I like it 1

19 hours ago, markandrex said:

Awesome neighbor! My daughter gives private swim lessons in our pool and none of the kids parents think to give me anything like this. Probably a good thing though. Knowing some of the parents here, a liquor contribution would probably be Truly's or vodka.

• I like it 1

18 hours ago, flahute said:

If you have both, how does the Calumet 16 compare to the 15?

I like both but would give the win to 16 “by a nose”. Very similar profile but the cherry is dialed down and the oak up in the 16.

If you like the 15 I think you would love the 16.  Hard to find a 16 year old for $150 in today’s market.

• I like it 2

Managed to find a few things while at the store restocking wine for the wife. Scored 2 bottles of WTRB, a bottle of regular WTRR and a Makers 101. It was the first time I had seen WTRB on the shelf up here in at least 3 months if not longer. Thought about getting a third one since they were on sale, but went with the WTRR which was on sale as well.

• I like it 4

2 hours ago, markandrex said:

I like both but would give the win to 16 “by a nose”. Very similar profile but the cherry is dialed down and the oak up in the 16.

If you like the 15 I think you would love the 16.  Hard to find a 16 year old for $150 in today’s market.

Fantastic. Thanks for that. Waiting for it to show up here.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, flahute said:

Fantastic. Thanks for that. Waiting for it to show up here.

I haven't seen it in Texas but it probably came and went.  I'm thinking about picking up a 14yr first just for curiosity. Then I remind myself I don't want to purchase more $100 bottles just out of curiosity.  That whole "bottle acquisition" addiction thing I struggle with, ha.

I'm sure I'll cave eventually 😏

On 6/20/2022 at 4:59 PM, Radioyada said:

I opened my bottle of this a few weeks ago, and it was excellent.  Really wish I had purchased another when I had the chance, but just didn't know.

It happens to us all.  I wouldn't have known either. 

30 minutes ago, anthony. g. said:

picked a few up on a trip to spain 

Looks like we are headed to Spain instead of Chile/Argentina in August (the former had absurd Covid requirements, so I nixed the trip).  Any recommendations as to where to look, other interesting bottles, etc.? I think we'll start in Madrid, then head to Merida, Seville, and other points south with Barcelona still a possibility.

The WTRB NCF is of special interest if I do not fly out of Atlanta where they have it in duty free.

Is the 4R the same stuff we get here?

5 minutes ago, Anwalt said:

Looks like we are headed to Spain instead of Chile/Argentina in August (the former had absurd Covid requirements, so I nixed the trip).  Any recommendations as to where to look, other interesting bottles, etc.? I think we'll start in Madrid, then head to Merida, Seville, and other points south with Barcelona still a possibility.

The WTRB NCF is of special interest if I do not fly out of Atlanta where they have it in duty free.

Is the 4R the same stuff we get here?

i was in a place close to Alicante in the Valencia region.  Benidorm its called. a popular holiday destination for many from the UK

yes its the same FR.  i allways buy a few when im over there. the WTRB was a airport shop buy on the way home. glad to get it as it was a good price for me.     sorry i could not recomend any other place to go in spain as its many many years from when i was in another part of spain. them places could have chainged and i would not want to missleade you.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, anthony. g. said:

the WTRB was a airport shop buy on the way home

Thanks for the info, it is useful & appreciated.

Do you recollect which airport you flew out of?  

If I can hit Atlanta duty-free on the way over (and pack 'em in luggage) and a good Spanish duty free on the way back with some hand-helds….that'd make for a fine haul.

16 hours ago, Anwalt said:

Thanks for the info, it is useful & appreciated.

Do you recollect which airport you flew out of?  

If I can hit Atlanta duty-free on the way over (and pack 'em in luggage) and a good Spanish duty free on the way back with some hand-helds….that'd make for a fine haul.

it was Alicante Airport. the WTRB was 47 euro for a litre bottle which was a good buy for me 

• I like it 1

This Driftless Glen pick, which is almost seven years old, is outstanding. It’ll definitely be in the discussion for my best and favorite whiskeys of the year. 

73C514EA-078F-4F24-B9CE-2194467ED8B6.thumb.jpeg.d3c18657c6447ff79fb3abdb6eb6dbe1.jpeg

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

2962752E-919D-4181-849A-E95F750733A6.thumb.jpeg.2e3834df7b191e2dd051d5e2abc2b24b.jpeg

Not proud of myself

I hope you didn't drive home from the LS with the bottle sitting in the back of your truck like that.   😀

I happened to be on the East side of town so I thought it a good time to visit the one store I can rely upon to stock VOB 100.  The nice guy that I am, even left one for the next person.  With expensive gas and all, need to make the most of those trips (buy several).  🥃😉

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.