Not Really Worthy. The Drain Pour Thread.

fishnbowljoe

On 8/17/2022 at 12:59 PM, Marekv8 said:

Today's daily dozen… moving on to cinnamon.

Gotta say...you have one hell of a sample size.  If they ever make a Liquor Store Heist movie you gotta at least consult.

• I like it 1

35 minutes ago, PhantomLamb said:

Yikes, not even useful for cocktails?  Seems like a lot of expensive mistakes.

1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

These little piggies went wee, wee, wee -- all the way home.

IMG_8743.thumb.jpg.8d95a1c27300bf769876784f60f7c9bc.jpg

This one stings a bit. I am a BIG fan of the Canadian 10 yr but haven’t had their house distillate so if this is that I have no point of reference. I know the WP brand has sprung several extensions in recent years but I have only experienced the 10/10/100 and some choice BPs.

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, kcgumbohead said:

This one stings a bit. I am a BIG fan of the Canadian 10 yr but haven’t had their house distillate so if this is that I have no point of reference. I know the WP brand has sprung several extensions in recent years but I have only experienced the 10/10/100 and some choice BPs.

That was my question too, in-house or Canadian?

• I like it 1

21 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

Yikes, not even useful for cocktails?  Seems like a lot of expensive mistakes.

You sound just like my mother. Lighten up, it's just booze.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

HeeHee!  👍🏻

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

All due respect, but I don’t understand why the snarky comments? I’m not trying to criticize you, it’s more just surprise that some whiskey sucks that bad. Guess that isn’t coming across in the text.

• I like it 1

On 9/4/2022 at 10:53 AM, kcgumbohead said:

I absolutely love Canadian 10 year old rye (Alberta).  I have had several WP10 from Canada and several of the older Jefferson's Rye 10 year old non-chill filtered and all were stellar.  I was recently gifted a WP12 Old World Rye.  I have had three decent size pours on three different occasions.  It is a finished rye @ 86 proof.  It was distilled in Indiana.  I have had some stellar Indiana distilled rye.  This isn't one.  I will set it aside for a while but as it stands now, it would be one of only three possible drain pours I have ever had.  The other two?  Dickel 12 and Starlight Carl T. store pick.  Neither ended up in the drain.  One was added to a solera (Starlight), the other left at a party.  I also left a Larceny at a party.  Others seemed to love it.  Me.  Not so much.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Marekv8 said:

It's going to be a long day…

IMG_8760.thumb.jpg.7c48bc083e32f83e650347695c7f829f.jpg

With all the alcohol rinses they get, the piping from your house to the main line out at the street must be in pristine condition! 🤣

• I like it 5

34 minutes ago, IamMatt said:

Oh, man, you're breaking my heart!  Send me that Cooper's Craft Reserve!

And the WT101 rye!...

• I like it 5

3 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

With all the alcohol rinses they get, the piping from your house to the main line out at the street must be in pristine condition! 🤣

I've been hoping he isn't on septic.

• I like it 5

10 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

I can understand all but the WT101 rye.

• I like it 3

11 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

I am glad I got to sip the EC toasted barrel at the tasting center. It talked me out of getting one. Silly toast

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Dannabis said:

I am glad I got to sip the EC toasted barrel at the tasting center. It talked me out of getting one. Silly toast

It sounded so good (roasted marshmallow!) so I grabbed one...never could get into it so I ended up leaving at a bottle share.  Not a bad deal, though, cuz I left with what was left of the Joseph Magnus bottle.

• I like it 3

I've never poured a bottle down the drain.  I'll revisit it periodically (they often get better over time), I'll experiment with blending it, and if nothing works, I'll give it to a friend who likes it or bring it to a bottle share.  I do have that Benchmark 8 though...

• I like it 2

I sense consternation with and agree that dumping a pour of WTR101 is mind blowing.  

I would be interested in hearing what characteristics were offensive enough to constitute such a demise.

• I like it 2

13 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Just wondering ..  are you by chance a vodka fan?  Just trying to figure out what is wrong with you 🤔 😜

• I like it 3

8 hours ago, Kepler said:

Just wondering ..  are you by chance a vodka fan?  Just trying to figure out what is wrong with you 🤔 😜

I’m dying, that’s what’s wrong with me. Have a good one. 

45 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

We all are.  I sincerely hope it is not imminent.

9 hours ago, IamMatt said:

I've never poured a bottle down the drain.

Last I recall he gives them to people at the store.  

4 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Oh gosh, my poor attempt at humor was misplaced.  If I'm reading this right, I'm very sorry and send prayers your way man.

• I like it 1

I certainly understand not wanting to finish a bottle you don't enjoy, I've been there many times myself, but maybe find someone else who would drink them instead of posting photos of things like a WT101 rye going down the drain?