What Bourbon did you Purchase the Spring of 2023?

Skinsfan1311
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Let's put Winter behind us......  

new riff.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 7

• Skinsfan1311 changed the title to What Bourbon did you Purchase the Spring of 2023?
3 hours ago, gmrv4 said:

A Buddy turned me on to this store pick. Tasty stuff.

RenderedImage.thumb.JPG.fd24f8c01c068e6a5fbd086c99df904d.JPG

Agreed!

My favorite LS did a pick with this stuff and it is very tasty and very reasonably priced.   I paid ~ $40.00, which is an absolute steal for the quality of the whiskey in that bottle.

• I like it 4

The 1 liter bottle is my favorite size.  That's because it reminds me of the old quart bottles.  For some reason though, it's often priced high.  Today I was surprised to find a liter EW BIB better deal than the 750ml.  I might go back, get a few more. 

• I like it 4

18 hours ago, PaulO said:

The 1 liter bottle is my favorite size.  That's because it reminds me of the old quart bottles.  For some reason though, it's often priced high.  Today I was surprised to find a liter EW BIB better deal than the 750ml.  I might go back, get a few more. 

Yes, liters are usually not a bargain relative to 750ml bottles for most spirits brands, but occasionally you’ll find an exception to the general rule. 

• I like it 2

On 3/24/2023 at 9:03 PM, Bourbon Scout said:

End thread!

20230324_132058.thumb.jpg.c01506ac208444ef02b055af144e9cc8.jpg

Haven't seen an AAA10 in ages!!! 

9 minutes ago, Edd said:

I passed on a HHBIB last week at retail.  I just can't bring myself to pay 3-4x as much for 1 more year and a fancy bottle.

• I like it 2

2 minutes ago, Clueby said:

I get it, but in Fl  in the area I am in, you do not see them very often.  I did good on the price though, it was not secondary

• I like it 1

I'm visiting New Orleans and bought the Dickel for my travellin' whiskey. I rarely see it in my neck of the woods,  and I love most iterations of Dickel, so I didn't have a problem with the $58.00 OTD price...

The Woodinville showed up at the house today and Mrs. Skinsfan snapped a pic, to assure me that it arrived safely 😅

Like I've said before,  "She's a keeper!"

20230331_155418.jpg

IMG_6477.jpg

• I like it 3

I went out to grab some slaw to go with bbq and corn cakes tonight.  There is a little liquor store near by that normally only has the standard fare on the shelves.  I decided to go in to work my legs a little extra today (per my physical therapist) and found this.

Derby is only about a month away!

image0.jpeg

• I like it 9

My LS called, are holding a Blantons Gold for me. Unfortunately $399.00. But the manager did not charge me for the big bottle of Merlot, handle of Titos and a 750 of David Nicholsons 1843. 

• I like it 3

On 4/1/2023 at 11:30 PM, markandrex said:

I went out to grab some slaw to go with bbq and corn cakes tonight.  There is a little liquor store near by that normally only has the standard fare on the shelves.  I decided to go in to work my legs a little extra today (per my physical therapist) and found this.

Derby is only about a month away!

image0.jpeg

great find!

• I like it 1

On 3/31/2023 at 12:01 PM, Clueby said:

Maybe when the bubble bursts we will be rewarded with a return of HH6yr at sub 15.00 pricing (if not I stocked up but, this madness needs to end at some point!!)

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, kcgumbohead said:

Maybe when the bubble bursts we will be rewarded with a return of HH6yr at sub 15.00 pricing (if not I stocked up but, this madness needs to end at some point!!)

I'm out of the BIB but still have a few HH6/90 left.

image.png.1071c96cf34ede43c1234aaae60b23d7.png

• I like it 6

Went to Bottlehampton. They are running an Easter special. Spend $75 and get a $20 coupon off next purchase. Picked up a WT 101 magnum and a New Riff!!

• I like it 2

Reached 72 here today. Did a little yard work in between working from home. Took a mid-afternoon break to go shag a bucket of balls at the range, and picked up a JWD on the drive home. Stuck it in the freezer for a cold pour. About to open it after typing this, and sit down to the Mets game.

IMG_4495.jpg

• I like it 8

3 hours ago, JakeySnakes said:

Reached 72 here today. Did a little yard work in between working from home. Took a mid-afternoon break to go shag a bucket of balls at the range, and picked up a JWD on the drive home. Stuck it in the freezer for a cold pour. About to open it after typing this, and sit down to the Mets game.

IMG_4495.jpg

Cheers!  All in good fun and good spirits (see what I did there?), but I'm guessing I enjoyed watching the Brewers quite a bit more than you enjoyed watching the Mets the last two days. Can we maybe agree to hating the Cards?

• I like it 1

9 hours ago, Thomm said:

Cheers!  All in good fun and good spirits (see what I did there?), but I'm guessing I enjoyed watching the Brewers quite a bit more than you enjoyed watching the Mets the last two days. Can we maybe agree to hating the Cards?

I'm guessing you enjoyed it more for sure! Those back-to-back-to-back homers off Shcerzer were something. Just happy to be watching baseball though, and yes, we can agree on hating the Cards.

• I like it 1

Easter Prep...

Who needs a chocolate bunny for Easter unless you want it to go with your bourbon!!!

4pack.thumb.jpg.02f8970810ce4e30c2df09c11fbf8e10.jpg

• I like it 7

I found another EC A123 at the ABC store. It was a left over from the monthly allocation drop. 

I like the A123, but for me it's hard to top the C922.

• I like it 3

I jumped on the grocery store sale and hit two locations: Old Forester Rye, WT 101, MM 101, Rittenhouse Rye, (and a new one for me) Green River. 😁

• I like it 2

Special ordered a bunch of WT RB and KS from our DABC. Splitting the RB with some friends, a little pricey here ( came to $67 with tax ). The only reason I ordered the KS was the price, I thought it was a typo, but they gave it to me for the listed price ( came to $35/bottle with tax ).  Bought 2 cases of each.

20230405_141333.thumb.jpg.495e4b5f4fe763c06b4fedc215a65844.jpgactually gave it to

• I like it 6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.