What Bourbon did you Purchase the Spring of 2023?

Skinsfan1311

Nothing spectacular just good whiskey at a good price.

A couple of KC12 @ $43 a piece, a couple of FRSiB @ $33 a piece, and a WT101 and WTR101 at $18 a piece.  

A Cheap Bastard kind of day.

• I like it 12

4 hours ago, fosmith said:

I have a feeling that they are going to go to 700ml for their entire line. 

I can see that but I saw quite a few 1 L bottles of various sorts in London last year (not that I was looking very closely).  While I might understand it, I would like to hear an explanation of why they think that the US doesn't have a large enough market to support a 750 ml bottle for JD products (yes, I know Old No. 7 comes in 750ml).  It is not like it doesn't sell sound here.  I see it as nothing more than shrinkflation.

• I like it 1

didn't actually purchase this today; it was gifted to me by a client of the bike shop I manage. Always wanted one of these, but never had the opportunity to even taste one, much less buy a bottle at retail. I'm very excited obviously. It's a 2019 bottling.image.thumb.jpeg.b5d1a45e0c877e3192ef8a27583cca3d.jpeg

• I like it 10

13 minutes ago, steven s said:

didn't actually purchase this today; it was gifted to me by a client of the bike shop I manage. Always wanted one of these, but never had the opportunity to even taste one, much less buy a bottle at retail. I'm very excited obviously. It's a 2019 bottling.image.thumb.jpeg.b5d1a45e0c877e3192ef8a27583cca3d.jpeg

Oh that is a good one.  Arguably one of the best years for OFBB.

Enjoy!

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

A couple of KC12 @ $43 a piece, a couple of FRSiB @ $33 a piece, and a WT101 and WTR101 at $18 a piece.  

I went with: EW 1783 (some with special label to honor veterans), OF 100, and family size FRYL.  Receipt is upstairs, but I assure you, all on the cheap. 🥃😉

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, 0895 said:

Oh that is a good one.  Arguably one of the best years for OFBB.

Enjoy!

after a little OF100 as a base pour, this was fantastic. BF has never been my favorite legacy distiller, but this is the best I've had from them.    so far.....

Bought a 1L bottle of OGD BiB @ $23.99 in my local search for OGD 114.  Hmmmmmm . . . . it did come home with me, Harry!   🤩

• I like it 6

On 6/15/2023 at 6:54 PM, mbroo5880i said:

Sounds like you done good!

• I like it 1

I took stock and found my shelves to be lacking in OF 100.  Picked up some Maraska maraschino cocktail cherries because the bourbon was lonely in that brown paper bag. 

• I like it 2

On 6/15/2023 at 7:54 PM, mbroo5880i said:

Holy Shit!     

Those are very, very good prices.  Well done!

• I like it 2

Did an order from Frootbat last night. Prices were consistent with my LS. Got 10% off with my first order. They couldn't apply free shipping($20) discount for Fathers Day. Called and they sent me a seperate  code to use later. Anyone have experience with them?? 

I had a day off and my wife is out of town, so I decided to do a bourbon hunt in South Central Tn.  I found all of these sitting on the shelf (at different stores). Most were msrp, a couple were what I would consider high retail.

20230619_155451.jpg

Edited by Davesnothere
  • I like it 5

I picked up a few more yesterday.

I always pick up a JD BP whenever I see the proof over 130. I found it at the state store for the state minimum which is fantastic $67. The Bookers and the Knob Creek I picked up at a small liquor store near my house they were only a couple dollars over state minimum.20230622_145828.thumb.jpg.45afe7214dbbfd436e64fcc4100c4b4d.jpg20230622_150002.thumb.jpg.2c48a195de0f786220ac5a5c50aec1cc.jpg

• I like it 3

The wife locked the keys in her trunk today at the grocery store.  So, I swing into my regular LS on the way home.  It has been awhile since I added anything to the bunker but couldn’t say no to these at msrp.  I seriously need to clean the camera lense on my phone!🥴

image0.jpeg

Edited by markandrex
  • I like it 5

Ran out to grab some lunch today, and stopped by one of my locals.  The Statesman was an easy pickup ip as I really enjoy it, and I’m out.  Picked up the Bowman Port because it has been forever since I last had it.  But the Ezra 7yr Full Proof Rye reallly intrigued me.  I kinda like my day!  I’ll be into all of them by nights end…🤪

638A8EE1-779C-4E61-98E5-96ECA030B0CA.jpeg

• I like it 5

2 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Ran out to grab some lunch today, and stopped by one of my locals.  The Statesman was an easy pickup ip as I really enjoy it, and I’m out.  Picked up the Bowman Port because it has been forever since I last had it.  But the Ezra 7yr Full Proof Rye reallly intrigued me.  I kinda like my day!  I’ll be into all of them by nights end…🤪

638A8EE1-779C-4E61-98E5-96ECA030B0CA.jpeg

I recently saw the OE7 Rye Full Proof.  It was a reasonable price.  However, I made a strategic pass since I had a strategic purchase in mind.  It will be interesting to read your thoughts on it.

8 hours ago, markandrex said:

The wife locked the keys in her trunk today at the grocery store.  So, I swing into my regular LS on the way home.  It has been awhile since I added anything to the bunker but couldn’t say no to these at msrp.  I seriously need to clean the camera lense on my phone!🥴

image0.jpeg

Look like WR is going the 700ml  too😑

On 6/23/2023 at 10:58 PM, Skinsfan1311 said:

Look like WR is going the 700ml  too😑

Well, Brown-Forman, need we say more 😖

• I like it 1