What Bourbon did you Purchase the Spring of 2023?

Skinsfan1311

59 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

In my freezer bottle rotation with 1L FRYL.  Nice  buy, BTW.  🥰

Funny you say that, Frank. One immediately went into my garage freezer when I got home from buying them! 

• I like it 1

On 4/27/2023 at 10:26 PM, steven s said:

I have been failing on my pledge of no purchases for one year.

(Obviously this would not apply if I came across a special bottle (to me) at a fair price. This will not happen due to my current standards.)

I've been on a big road trip this month and have tested my resolve at stores all over. I needed sips along the way, so...

WT101 Rye $21. Eastern CO

OGD BiB $19. Central AR

Larceny BP C922 $80. near the AL/GA state line

EC18 $189. Western GA

Larceny BP C922 $85. North Atlanta

WTKS $63. North Atlanta

EC 8 yr store pick 94p $36. North GA

KC9 $29. West Tennessee

OF 100 $19. OKC

EW1783 Litre $18. OKC

Baby Saz $27. OKC

WSR 1.75 $60. West OK

...and finished the trip with:

OGD BiB $23 Albuquerque

Jeffersons Reserve Single Barrel store pick $48 Albu

Baby Saz $24 North of Albu

FR SmBS $51 SW CO

JD 12 year $90 SW CO

So much for the buying hiatus. 

• I like it 2

Blanton's SiB. My LS gets a six pack every 3 months, they put one aside for me.  Upcoming for the summer, they told me that they used to get 6 six packs a month of regular BT, now will be 3. And almost no ER.  Our population in the summer, here in eastern Long Island more than triples.  Fortunately I rarely buy either. See what I did there......!!

• I like it 1

Picked up  a bottle of Woodford of the Derby on Saturday.  Should be a good weekend.  Coronation on Saturday morning, Derby on Saturday afternoon and the Miami Grand Prix on Sunday

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Picked up  a bottle of Woodford of the Derby on Saturday.  Should be a good weekend.  Coronation on Saturday morning, Derby on Saturday afternoon and the Miami Grand Prix on Sunday

I too am stoked for the Derby and Miami Grand Prix. We finally get to watch a race live without having to get up super early.

• I like it 1

Yep, those early morning races on the weekend are not my favorite.  But at least it gives us a reason to drink Tropical Mimosas (1 oz coconut rum, 1 jigger tropical fruit juice(pineapple works),  4 oz Champagne - we use Freixnet, a Cava from Spain.  12 a bottle at WMart).

Got to tell you I am not a Red Bull fan.  I think that Verstappen is a jerk and poorly represents the sport.  More of a Hamilton fan but also follow Aston-Martin and Bottas at Alfa.

4 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Yep, those early morning races on the weekend are not my favorite.  But at least it gives us a reason to drink Tropical Mimosas (1 oz coconut rum, 1 jigger tropical fruit juice(pineapple works),  4 oz Champagne - we use Freixnet, a Cava from Spain.  12 a bottle at WMart).

Ok, we are big mimosa fans as we concoct brunch over here with certain guests. Is this the whole recipe? Quite interested...

I stopped a couple days ago and scooped a couple of the private pick bottles of Rebel BP from my local monger that I mentioned earlier.   I'll try to save a full one for Bourbon Joe's DiL.   She loved it last weekend.

Picked up another 1L of JW Dant to replace the outgoing bottle. I'm absolutely loving this coming out of the freezer into a Yeti tumbler with a cube.

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, JakeySnakes said:

Picked up another 1L of JW Dant to replace the outgoing bottle. I'm absolutely loving this coming out of the freezer into a Yeti tumbler with a cube.

Man, that sounds good!

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, JakeySnakes said:

I wish this was available in Calif.  I've had one bottle that I really enjoyed.  I ordered it from Astor Wines in NYC to round out shipping on an Armagnac I purchased.  I won't be getting another Dant unless I do that again as shipping for just the Dant would be several time the price of the bottle, unfortunately. 

• I like it 2

We would buy a $10 dollar bottle of bitters online, then "round up" to $250 to get free shipping, lol.

• I like it 2

And just to prove my own point, I saw a bottle of Beam SiB on sale for $31 at BevMo.  But I had a coupon for $10 off if you spend $75 so of course I had to add another bottle to bring it up to $75.

MayBevMo.jpg

• I like it 6

Added MM BRT1, store pick Weller FP, Smoke Wagon Uncut Unfiltered and Larceny BP to the collection.

• I like it 1

A friend gifted a bottle of Heavens Door 14 Year Old Single Barrel Finished in Caribbean Rum Casks.   It is obviously something I would not have purchased for myself due to the cost so I appreciate the gift.   

I don't know much about it other than it appears to be Dickel since it was distilled in TN with the classic 84/8/8 mash bill.  I have never had older Dickel single barrel so I am looking forward to trying it.  No drinking tonight so I will try it this weekend.

The bottle looks really cool but the side label is odd.  It says it is comprised of their own distilled whiskey along with hand selected barrels from partnering whiskey makers.  This would suggest it is not a single barrel.  Also, at 14 years old, none of the distillate in the bottle could be their stuff.  I also wonder why the label has a line for the cooperage and char level but they don't provide this information.  They should have it since it is a single barrel.  I chalk it up to marketers.

image000000.jpg

image000001.jpg

• I like it 1

I mentioned in the “What Bourbon Did You Pass On”  thread that I might stop by Binny’s and take advantage of their Cinco De Mayo sale.  The had 1.75’s of MM on sale for $39.99. Peanuts for a 1¢ too. So yes I did, and yes it was probably dipped by my gal. With the handle of  MM  I bought a couple of weeks ago, I now have twins! 😜

IMG_1934.jpeg

IMG_1935.jpeg

IMG_1938.jpeg

• I like it 6

5 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I mentioned in the “What Bourbon Did You Pass On”  thread that I might stop by Binny’s and take advantage of their Cinco De Mayo sale.  The had 1.75’s of MM on sale for $39.99. Peanuts for a 1¢ too. So yes I did, and yes it was probably dipped by my gal. With the handle of  MM  I bought a couple of weeks ago, I now have twins! 😜

IMG_1934.jpeg

IMG_1935.jpeg

IMG_1938.jpeg

What is this whisky crap?  It is whiskey in 'merica.  😀  

Just to travel back to our era @fishnbowljoe I always liked the Landers twins.  I guess, even though they have different attributes and if my arm was twisted, I could learn to love the Maker's Mark twins as well. 

Edited by mbroo5880i

From my wife for my birthday (tomorrow).  We will be out with friends so tonight it is early birthday.  I’m not certain where she came by this but I’m looking forward to this.  It has Fred Noe’s and Baker Beam’s signatures on it.

IMG_0920.jpeg

IMG_0919.jpeg

Edited by markandrex
  • I like it 12

4 minutes ago, markandrex said:

From my wife for my birthday (tomorrow).  We will be out with friends so tonight it is early birthday.  I’m not certain where she came by this but I’m looking forward to this.  It has Fred Noe’s and Baker Beam’s signatures on it.

IMG_0920.jpeg

IMG_0919.jpeg

Well, that’s a pretty good night!  Happy Birthday!  

• I like it 1

15 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

What is this whisky crap?  It is whiskey in 'merica.  😀  

Just to travel back to our era @fishnbowljoe I always liked the Landers twins.  I guess, even though they have different attributes and if my arm was twisted, I could learn to love the Maker's Mark twins as well. 

Gee Mike, I wonder how you remember the Landers twins? The Hallmark Channel maybe? 🤔 

Yeah, me too…….🫣

• I like it 1

8 year old single barrel MGP for $52. Yes please! Keep on coming glut!

AECAF7C7-FA42-465E-BD78-3971154D09DA.jpeg

• I like it 2

10 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Gee Mike, I wonder how you remember the Landers twins? The Hallmark Channel maybe? 🤔 

Yeah, me too…….🫣

Thanks for the nudge - I'll be in my bunk , , , , , , 🥰

Picked up a couple Binny's Barrell Bourbon store picks, one a 9 year MGP and another blended bourbon.

• I like it 2

11 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Thanks for the nudge - I'll be in my bunk , , , , , , 🥰

Sorry don't know the Lander's twins but the "be in the bunk" reference is funny as hell!!! 😛

• I like it 1