What Bourbon did you Purchase the Spring of 2023?

Skinsfan1311

48 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Nice!!

It's a miracle my collection has survived. Navy brat here. Dad was stationed in Naples, (Italy, not FL), and I started collecting them when I was in High School. We dipped the necks in paraffin, and they've followed me around since then, and most of them survived, several moves, including 20+ years in the attic.

Back in the day, the biggest threat for my collection was keeping the bottles away from High School buddies😂

Ha!  Same threat from my college roommates.  When I said losing a bottle to “stolen”, that’s euphemistically considered “unknowingly helping a brother out”. 😂

• I like it 2

10 hours ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Snagged all of these, for the whopping total of $20.00, at an estate sale this morning😎

@mbroo5880i They wanted $30, but settled for $20.00.😉

The Chivas is for guests😏

20230527_092704.jpg

Smack Daddy, that's a big win!  Just for the Lagavulin!

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 2

14 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Smack Daddy, that's a big win!  Just for the Lagavulin!

My sentiments, exactly!

I'm having a couple pours, from another one that's already open, while basking in the glory of all that is cheap and good.😅

• I like it 2

Not really bourbon bit close enough.  

I found another bottle of Dickel 13 Year BIB for $29.99. It rang up $45.99 at the register.  I told the cashier "Hold on now!"  He fixed me up. I walked out happy with a nice bottle of whiskey on the cheap and a couple of boxes of tea for my lovely bride.

I took her and her family to a restaurant they like for lunch. I am still riding the hero wave. How long will last? Who knows? It always ends unexpectedly. 

Keeping my head low and my mouth shut as a defensive measure. 😀

• I like it 2

Ooh, ooh.  I hear footsteps coming down the hallway and I just cranked Alice in Chains. mbroo5880i out. Be Safe.

Edited by mbroo5880i

Been lying low because I'm gonna do some shopping when I'm traveling during the summer.  Stopped by a store and saw a 375ml of Woodford Double Oaked.  Been super curious about this one.  My first impression is that I'm impressed...it seems to hit all the right spots on my palette. 

• I like it 3

Not purchased but gifted.  A friend was visiting his son in Arkansas.  He brought this back for me.  

The beagle wasn't impressed but the legs in the glass were impressive. 

image000000.jpg

image000001.jpg

• I like it 2

Just got back from TW. Letting these two knotheads decide which one they prefer. 

As an aside (and for a different thread), I was temporarily thrilled when the store manager and an employee showed up with a case of KC 12.  I asked the price. My excitement abated instantly. $75.  I will be passing through Indiana in about a month, where I can get it for right around $60. If I buy five, I can SAVE $75, which makes the fifth one free. Or at least I can try that logic on the wife. I get the feeling she may be a little smarter than that. 

IMG_20230601_142923.jpg

• I like it 2

57 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

IMG_5669.jpeg

Nice!  I tried to find myself one of those JD12 bottles, but to no avail.  Let us know what you think whenever you get around to opening that one!

• I like it 1

2 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Nice!  I tried to find myself one of those JD12 bottles, but to no avail.  Let us know what you think whenever you get around to opening that one!

This was stashed in the back of my go to LS, I just happened to ask and he said he had one to spare. They never hit the shelves at Binny's...into the ether like Weller products and LEs.

2 minutes ago, jvd99 said:

This was stashed in the back of my go to LS, I just happened to ask and he said he had one to spare. They never hit the shelves at Binny's...into the ether like Weller products and LEs.

Yep - timing is everything these days. Good score.

2 minutes ago, Kepler said:

Yep - timing is everything these days. Good score.

Yep...whenever the big box LS manager says, "Oh, those came and went like a couple weeks ago," is just code for 'you're not important enough to get one or even know when they're actually coming." Good to have reputable local LS still around and not gouging

• I like it 3

1 minute ago, jvd99 said:

Yep...whenever the big box LS manager says, "Oh, those came and went like a couple weeks ago," is just code for 'you're not important enough to get one or even know when they're actually coming." Good to have reputable local LS still around and not gouging

Truth

On 5/30/2023 at 8:10 PM, Bourserker said:

Been lying low because I'm gonna do some shopping when I'm traveling during the summer.  Stopped by a store and saw a 375ml of Woodford Double Oaked.  Been super curious about this one.  My first impression is that I'm impressed...it seems to hit all the right spots on my palette. 

It's by far my fav DO. Store picks have been +1...

On 5/31/2023 at 9:58 PM, mbroo5880i said:

Not purchased but gifted.  A friend was visiting his son in Arkansas.  He brought this back for me.  

The beagle wasn't impressed but the legs in the glass were impressive. 

image000000.jpg

Last stuff I got from AR was clear and in a qt jar. I'm pretty sure it traveled from there, under the seat...😉

• I like it 2

On 6/1/2023 at 3:47 PM, Thomm said:

Just got back from TW. Letting these two knotheads decide which one they prefer. 

As an aside (and for a different thread), I was temporarily thrilled when the store manager and an employee showed up with a case of KC 12.  I asked the price. My excitement abated instantly. $75.  I will be passing through Indiana in about a month, where I can get it for right around $60. If I buy five, I can SAVE $75, which makes the fifth one free. Or at least I can try that logic on the wife. I get the feeling she may be a little smarter than that. 

IMG_20230601_142923.jpg

Pups and bourbon.  Two of my favorite things. 

They are cuties. The pups and the bottles. 😀

• I like it 3

A couple of goodies I waved in on my way home from Maine last month. A visit to the New Hampshire state liquor store is mandatory. This is just some of the brown liquor involved 

IMG_1258.jpeg

• I like it 1

picked up a Woodford Dbl Oak. Like that alot. Was offered a Old Elk Cigar cut. Any thoughts. A bit steep at $130. 

$130 a bottle?!  Yeah that is certainly steep,  should be in the $50 range for a double oak.  Dean

Went down to the local Sams Club to get some items for the family fishing trip and found they have Old Forester 1920 Probation Style.  They had it listed for $45!  Needless to say I snagged a couple of them!  Dean

• I like it 4

9 hours ago, Dean E said:

$130 a bottle?!  Yeah that is certainly steep,  should be in the $50 range for a double oak.  Dean

I think it was the Old Elk Cigar cut that was $130? 

Regardless I have no insight on that Old Elk.  I do like the Double Wheat I have open.  Also a store pick of Old Elk bourbon I've tried is pretty good.

13 hours ago, RT Fan said:

A couple of goodies I waved in on my way home from Maine last month. A visit to the New Hampshire state liquor store is mandatory. This is just some of the brown liquor involved 

IMG_1258.jpeg

Some nice pickups, but I dig the audio gear in the back more.  Big fan of the ES 👍

• I like it 1

On 6/3/2023 at 1:03 AM, Clueby said:

Tonight's pickups.

20230602_235313.jpg

would be curious your opinion in the HH20 - I really liked it!

6 hours ago, Kepler said:

Some nice pickups, but I dig the audio gear in the back more.  Big fan of the ES 👍

Thanks, Sony ES equipment were built like tanks and over delivered on quality. Not bad for a basement rig. 😎