What Bourbon did you Purchase the Spring of 2023?

Skinsfan1311

On 6/1/2023 at 12:47 PM, Thomm said:

Just got back from TW. Letting these two knotheads decide which one they prefer. 

As an aside (and for a different thread), I was temporarily thrilled when the store manager and an employee showed up with a case of KC 12.  I asked the price. My excitement abated instantly. $75.  I will be passing through Indiana in about a month, where I can get it for right around $60. If I buy five, I can SAVE $75, which makes the fifth one free. Or at least I can try that logic on the wife. I get the feeling she may be a little smarter than that. 

IMG_20230601_142923.jpg

I never noticed the 7 yr age statement on the KC rye before.  Is that new? 

6 hours ago, fosmith said:

I never noticed the 7 yr age statement on the KC rye before.  Is that new? 

I believe it is. Curiosity got the better of me, and I had to try it. Funny thing is, although they had both the NAS and the newer AS versions available, I didn't want to buy an old one to side-by-side them. 

I will eventually blind it along with Pikesville for research purposes only, as my understanding is that they have similar, lower rye mashbills. 

A quick trip below Ohio and I went cheap. $15 to $40 range. Already opened the Bardstown and Bowman. The SB Buffalo trace is next.  

IMG_0355.jpeg

• I like it 3

On 6/4/2023 at 7:37 AM, RT Fan said:

Thanks, Sony ES equipment were built like tanks and over delivered on quality. Not bad for a basement rig. 😎

Indeed they were.  I have an XA7ES CD player that I still love to use.  Bulit like a tank!

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, Bret Bret said:

A quick trip below Ohio and I went cheap. $15 to $40 range. Already opened the Bardstown and Bowman. The SB Buffalo trace is next.  

IMG_0355.jpeg

Nothing wrong with a couple of neck pours.  😀

Well, I just got back from a weekend in Chicago for a wedding.  Lucky for me, a Binny's Beverage Depot was an easy drive from my hotel.

I wanted a souvenir, something I can't get at home.  I picked up a bottle of Clark & Sheffield Bourbon.  Cashier told me it's their house brand.  From the label I could determine made by someone in KY, 90 proof, and aged at least four years - so probably at least ok.  The glass bottle itself is the same used by Ancient Age.  First sample and I'm 99% sure it was made by Barton.  It was on sale too @ $12.99. 🙂  

• I like it 4

I finally was able to pick up a couple of the B523s and a few others.

20230609_175617.thumb.jpg.a7d72b96d8019d64d29ca988aedc4a1a.jpg

Edited by Davesnothere
  • I like it 6

22 hours ago, Davesnothere said:

That VOB 100 is one of my favorite budget pours.

It would be interesting to know if the ET B.I.B. is DSP 354 or the new stuff.

• I like it 1

23 hours ago, Davesnothere said:

PLEASE tell us how the B523 is.

Out and about today, so I had to stop and take a look see.  🫣  Nothing much of interest to report. However, I did buy a bottle of JD Triple Mash. One of our guys brought a nice sample to bourbon and cigar night a few weeks ago. I really liked it so I figured why not. 🤷🏻‍♂️

IMG_2220.thumb.jpeg.94901c034542f397e4fcbe3e5e53763d.jpeg

• I like it 3

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Out and about today, so I had to stop and take a look see.  🫣  Nothing much of interest to report. However, I did buy a bottle of JD Triple Mash. One of our guys brought a nice sample to bourbon and cigar night a few weeks ago. I really liked it so I figured why not. 🤷🏻‍♂️

It is really nice indeed with a decent price as well!

• I like it 1

On 6/11/2023 at 8:56 PM, Mano said:

I picked these up on my road trip to Vegas.

20230609_200157.jpg

Very nice! 

4 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

C'mon Joe, that's not Weller.  So disappointing.

• I like it 1

On 6/11/2023 at 2:56 PM, Mano said:

I picked these up on my road trip to Vegas.

20230609_200157.jpg

I hope you got a good price on the Coke and Sprite.  That ...has skyrocketed in price more than bourbon.  😀

21 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I liked that one OK but I liked the JD Bonded better.  I just hate those 700ml bottles.

16 minutes ago, TwoFingers said:

I liked that one OK but I liked the JD Bonded better.  I just hate those 700ml bottles.

I have yet to try the JD Bonded, but I’ll keep what you said about it in mind. Also, I agree with you about the 700 ml bottles. 😠

I was very excited to find this available online at a local TW.  First time being able to land one and it's pricey, but a great pour for sure.  I'd buy one of each batch if given the opportunity and the price stays the same.

Image.thumb.jpeg.83373c2b809c2dbc57f24cdcf8bcfa74.jpeg

• I like it 2

8 hours ago, Cibsie said:

I was very excited to find this available online at a local TW.  First time being able to land one and it's pricey, but a great pour for sure.  I'd buy one of each batch if given the opportunity and the price stays the same.

Nice!

These show up too few and far between in my neck of the woods. So when I was in the local grocery store and saw these 6 deep on the open shelf and 2 more cases behind the counter, I figured I better get 2. 

IMG_0357.jpeg

• I like it 6

On 6/14/2023 at 12:06 PM, TwoFingers said:

I have a feeling that they are going to go to 700ml for their entire line.  Last week, I picked up a JD12yr and it's 700ml.  I can see why the industry would want to go to a standard size bottle for both the domestic and export markets.  What would be nice is if they would hang a 50ml airplane bottle on the neck of the 700 ml bottles.  That would go a long way to limit the resentment of US customers. 

• I like it 3

18 hours ago, Cibsie said:

This is also a 700 ml bottle.   This would equate to a $312 handle?   Ouch!   Good old Brown-Forman leading the way! 😒

35 minutes ago, fosmith said:

... What would be nice is if they would hang a 50ml airplane bottle on the neck of the 700 ml bottles.  That would go a long way to limit the resentment of US customers. 

That's a great idea.  Love it! 

(but unfortunately I imagine it would be an invitation to theft.  Maybe they could find a secure attachment)

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

That's a great idea.  Love it! 

(but unfortunately I imagine it would be an invitation to theft.  Maybe they could find a secure attachment)

A nice box to hold the 700ml and the baby bottle that adds $50-$100 to the overall cost would do the trick

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, Bret Bret said:

These show up too few and far between in my neck of the woods. So when I was in the local grocery store and saw these 6 deep on the open shelf and 2 more cases behind the counter, I figured I better get 2. 

IMG_0357.jpeg

Had a chance at opening one of these & dipping heavily, but the Larceny A123 was so good that I never got around to it. The DIL went to FSU with a now Liquor Salesman & got a bottle of each from him. On my long weekend visit, I dove in full force. The Larceny was EXCELLENT!!! Let me know what I missed with the ECBP...