What bourbon did you purchase summer of '23?

Phil T

I probably get to KY 4 or 5 times a year. I always look for VOB 100 but seldom find it. I usually have luck in the Lexington area but seldom at The Party Source. Today, after picking up an order at TPS, I shopped the shelves. It was pretty unremarkable and a lot of the stuff is priced higher than it is in Ohio. However, they did have 12 bottles of VOB on the shelf. After a trip to Case Central, they brought me down a 12 pack of VOB Hundo. After a 10% case discount,  the total was $162+ tax. I'm good for awhile. 

Prost!!  Phil 

• I like it 8

There is exactly one store I know of around Indianapolis/Greenwood area that I can ever find VOB 100.

• I like it 1

Makers #46 French Oaked Cask Strength. New release, 23-02, 111 proof.  Will review.

• I like it 2

Today was our state quarterly allocation drop. It was recently changed to a lottery instead of walk up only. I didn't win one of the 50 spots in line, but I decided to  do the walk up after the winners had their shot.

There are two tables and you can choose one bottle off each table for state minimum.

By the time I got to table one, the choice was between Blanton's , Weller 107, and JD 12.

Table two was Weller SR, Eagle Rare and Old Ezra.

I don't think I chose poorly.

20230624_104748.jpg

• I like it 8

9 hours ago, PaulO said:

There is exactly one store I know of around Indianapolis/Greenwood area that I can ever find VOB 100.

But, you can find it!  Several of our old favorites no longer exist. 😐

3 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Years ago, the only way I got VOB 100 was drive to Louisville.  This was when they were still making the 6 year old bond in the squat anchor bottle, very inexpensive too.

• I like it 1

My wife just got back from a business trip to France, so technically, my wife bought these....

And many thanks to Anwalt for his guidance and patience.

20230625_205324.jpg

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Davesnothere said:

France.jpg

Holy Sh*#t. Anwalt knows.................

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Grady330 said:

Holy Sh*#t. Anwalt knows.................

He sure does, and he is in Europe as we speak!

Woof!  And I thought I was doing good with a couple of ECBP B523s today - $74.99 OTD.  Oh, and a Grand Mayan Limited Edition Ultra Aged Tequila (I know, I know - it's NOT Bourbon but it was on the receipt!)  🤑

"We're not worthy!" 0n that haul.  Well done!

🥳

• I like it 8

Not only did I find an Eagle Rare on the shelf today for MSRP they went and knocked $3 off of it. Nice…

IMG_5148.thumb.jpeg.5c3714c72a3fdf7fb34ec7487dc90187.jpeg

IMG_5146.thumb.jpeg.5ab1761fbf25555568180295ef243ace.jpeg

• I like it 9

Dave you were buying bottles in the past week most of us only see in late fall. Congrats.

On 6/26/2023 at 2:58 PM, Davesnothere said:

My wife just got back from a business trip to France, so technically, my wife bought these....

And many thanks to Anwalt for his guidance and patience.

20230625_205324.jpg

What I looking at?  Appears to be cheese inside bubble wrap.  Why anybody wrap cheese in bubble wrap?🤓

11 hours ago, Harry in WashDC said:

What I looking at?  Appears to be cheese inside bubble wrap.  Why anybody wrap cheese in bubble wrap?🤓

It's a major award.  😁

• I like it 3

Picked up a staple of mine, Calumet 10. Hopefully 3 MM BEP show up tomorrow from Frootbat!

On 6/26/2023 at 6:00 PM, GeeTen said:

Woof!  And I thought I was doing good with a couple of ECBP B523s today - $74.99 OTD.  Oh, and a Grand Mayan Limited Edition Ultra Aged Tequila (I know, I know - it's NOT Bourbon but it was on the receipt!)  🤑

"We're not worthy!" 0n that haul.  Well done!

🥳

Let us know how those are. Have not seen them here yet. Thx...

On 6/24/2023 at 8:12 PM, mbroo5880i said:

Amen!      

On 6/27/2023 at 7:56 PM, FacePlant said:

Dave you were buying bottles in the past week most of us only see in late fall. Congrats.

Most of us in Indiana never see those bottles.  😮

On 6/26/2023 at 2:59 PM, Davesnothere said:

France.jpg

Wow, what a haul!  Did the Weller come in a box?

On 6/27/2023 at 6:56 PM, FacePlant said:

That's 100% my wife. She sweet talked the clerk and he went into their basement to raid the bunker.

On 6/27/2023 at 9:45 PM, Harry in WashDC said:

That was intended to be a before pic, kind of like a Christmas morning snap before the kids wake up. 😃

16 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Wow, what a haul!  Did the Weller come in a box?

The Weller did come in a box. It looks like it was made specifically for the French market (700mL).

20230629_135723.jpg

20230629_135648.jpg

• I like it 4

I can't recall seeing a Weller in the round shaped 375 mL size before so I went ahead and picked one up.  

2nd one from the left in the photo.  Of course I included the whole lineup for scale 😁

20230629_162447.thumb.jpg.8c72191f00c1591b7ea217c2defa2a52.jpg

• I like it 7

50 minutes ago, Kepler said:

I can't recall seeing a Weller in the round shaped 375 mL size before so I went ahead and picked one up.  

2nd one from the left in the photo.  Of course I included the whole lineup for scale 

The Weller Whore says Yes!” 

IMG_3938.jpeg.59cbfa43c3871cc7683dc5b01d643474.jpeg

• I like it 2

21 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

The Weller Whore says Yes!” 

IMG_3938.jpeg.59cbfa43c3871cc7683dc5b01d643474.jpeg

Thank you sir, you have taught us well 😃

We did a good job meme.jpg

• I like it 2

Had to go out and pay a couple of bills today. First stop, Allstate to review and renew our auto policy.  💰 Second stop, Comcast/Xfinity. 💵 We’ve been approved for a $30.00 monthly discount, but for some reason they can’t get it applied to our account. I’ve been screwing with this for over three months now with one employee, and three managers. Worked with one employee and two managers today. I was there for over a hour, and it’s still not resolved yet. Gotta make a call to ACP tomorrow because it looks like they applied our discount to something other than our internet. So, after spending a crap ton of money today, my wife asked if I needed to stop at Binny’s. 😮 Who was I to argue? Besides, we were just down the street. 😁 The MM family sized are on sale for $39.99, plus you get a can of nuts for a 1¢. I bought one. They had ER for $39.99. I haven’t seen ER for a while, so I bought one  of those too. Yes, the MM was dipped by my gal at the distillery. And much to my surprise, the ER was a store pick. 😎 My experience at Binny’s didn’t make up for things earlier in the day, but it did help soften the blow a little. 

IMG_2271.thumb.jpeg.465c6ab2f31ef5fb1f178717b68e44b2.jpegIMG_2273.thumb.jpeg.045fe9dae8cc2c2ccaf07c885034d767.jpeg

• I like it 6