What bourbon did you purchase summer of '23?

Phil T

14 hours ago, markandrex said:

UPS delivery today.  The Legent and Distillers Share are from this quarter’s Barrel & Boxed.  The 117 Series is from a website drop earlier this week.

IMG_0966.jpeg

Now there's some things you don't see every day.  😃

I've been enjoying the regular Legent.  I never heard of the Yamazaki version, same thing with that Beam Distillers' Share.  🤔

• I like it 1

Saturday was our monthly state allocation drop. There were a few guys who showed up Friday night around 23:00. I wasn't one of them.

So by the time we showed up ( me, my wife and oldest son) we were numbers 16, 17, and 18. The two bottles on the list I was most interested in were Four Roses SBBF (qty 6) and a JM Cigar Blend (qty 6)

I didn't think I had a chance for either one, but there were a few other nice bottles available.

Well the guy in front of me got the last Four Roses and I was able to snatch the last Cigar Blend. I was surprised they both lasted that long.

Anyway, here is what we decided on .

20230722_104821.jpg

• I like it 9

17 hours ago, Davesnothere said:

Saturday was our monthly state allocation drop. There were a few guys who showed up Friday night around 23:00. I wasn't one of them.

So by the time we showed up ( me, my wife and oldest son) we were numbers 16, 17, and 18. The two bottles on the list I was most interested in were Four Roses SBBF (qty 6) and a JM Cigar Blend (qty 6)

I didn't think I had a chance for either one, but there were a few other nice bottles available.

Well the guy in front of me got the last Four Roses and I was able to snatch the last Cigar Blend. I was surprised they both lasted that long.

Anyway, here is what we decided on .

20230722_104821.jpg

I never saw a small bottle of Willett like those.

That's a great way to give more enthusiasts the chance to try stuff in short supply and high demand.

• I like it 2

On 7/25/2023 at 8:04 AM, PaulO said:

That's a great way to give more enthusiasts the chance to try stuff in short supply and high demand.

Those 50ml size are on the shelves in big liquor stores in Texas.  All the ones I've seen are the 3 year variety, whereas the 750 is 4 yo and also appears on shelves for awhile and is much easier to find now than it was a couple years ago.

• I like it 1

Really excited for both of these.  I've heard such good things about B523 and never found a DO store pick before.

IMG_2861.thumb.jpeg.ef18296567a90f941a148786cdac05f3.jpeg

• I like it 4

Cheap Bastard walked out the door with these 4 puppies for less than a Benjamin.  

image000000.jpg

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 5

26 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Excited to try the individual recipes in batched and proofed down form…..finally! 🤓🥃

IMG_7745.jpeg

Awesome! Great release by Four Roses!

• I like it 2

I stopped at Binny’s today to grab ten Benchmark 50 mls to sample and share at bourbon/cigar night. For once my timing didn’t suck. There were a number of allocated goodies available. Limit one. Not one of each. Just one. So being the Weller Whore that I am, I grabbed a bottle of Weller SR. What can I say?  🤷🏼

IMG_2385.thumb.jpeg.dc097319de941836de10f291992ccb5f.jpeg

• I like it 8

Didn't know 90pf or 1L of this existed. Really exited 'bout it...

vob90.jpg.96a98616a88c048b00832d0fea8e0652.jpg

P.S. $18

Edited by bayouredd
  • I like it 3

17 hours ago, 0895 said:

Excited to try the individual recipes in batched and proofed down form…..finally! 🤓🥃

IMG_7745.jpeg

That's Very Exciting!!! 😘👍

On 7/25/2023 at 9:04 AM, PaulO said:

I should have asked the price on the Willett before I checked out, 13 bucks! Each! 

The Blantons is only $9.99

• I like it 1

We drove up to Michigan yesterday and since Jim Beam and Four Rose's (bottling) are right off the interstate we stopped by the gift shops.

We picked up a couple of SBBF (OESF 10yr 11 mo) from Four Rose's and a couple from Jim Beam.

20230804_082102.thumb.jpg.f085e45af69ffd280cb9f6eda06f9b16.jpg

Edited by Davesnothere
  • I like it 7

IIRC, I read somewhere here that someone purchased Rebel 100, and they loved it. Long story short, ahh screw it. I’m just gonna tell it. After three months of runaround’s and misinformation, I finally managed to get our Xfinity billing straightened out. We received this months bill and finally it was correct. Then we forgot to pay it. Not overdue, but we decided to go to our local Xfinity store to pay it today. Binny’s was just down and across the street. So…….

IMG_2387.thumb.jpeg.38f66f8287372ddbf7c61f9d3b4e44c5.jpeg

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

IIRC, I read somewhere here that someone purchased Rebel 100, and they loved it. Long story short, ahh screw it. I’m just gonna tell it. After three months of runaround’s and misinformation, I finally managed to get our Xfinity billing straightened out. We received this months bill and finally it was correct. Then we forgot to pay it. Not overdue, but we decided to go to our local Xfinity store to pay it today. Binny’s was just down and across the street. So…….

IMG_2387.thumb.jpeg.38f66f8287372ddbf7c61f9d3b4e44c5.jpeg

Joe, I'm pretty sure that is sourced from Heaven Hill.  It seemed to me really close to the now discontinued (no age statement) Old Fitz B.I.B.  That is to say, decent value brand, 4 years old, 100 proof.  Novelty of it is the wheat mash bill.  I'll be curious what you say.

At some point, Lux Row is supposed to introduce their own make.

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, PaulO said:

Joe, I'm pretty sure that is sourced from Heaven Hill.  It seemed to me really close to the now discontinued (no age statement) Old Fitz B.I.B.  That is to say, decent value brand, 4 years old, 100 proof.  Novelty of it is the wheat mash bill.  I'll be curious what you say.

At some point, Lux Row is supposed to introduce their own make.

Thanks Paul. Gotta be getting close on Lux Row bottling their own distillate.  Not much Old Fitz left. I shared some last Wednesday at bourbon and cigar night. 😬 Rebel 100 in the glass. I’ll try and post my thoughts later. 

IMG_2404.thumb.jpeg.70d55e6f670a90810101ca6d69ec00a0.jpeg

• I like it 2

On 8/4/2023 at 7:35 AM, Davesnothere said:

I should have asked the price on the Willett before I checked out, 13 bucks! Each! 

The Blantons is only $9.99

The mini Willets are $9.99 here I think. I have one thanks to @0895.  I did pick up 6 or so of these Penelope Barrel Strength minis on sale for $3.49.  That came out cheaper per ounce than buying a whole bottle.

20230806_165729.jpg

• I like it 3

The weekend's latest acquisitions. The OFBP was released Saturday morning. The dog and I waited in line for about an hour. We didn't have anything better to do anyway. They only had 72 bottles at the store I was at. We were around #40. About 20 to 30 people that stood and waited didn't get one. Amazing how many wives and girlfriends got out of cars at 9:59.  The dog, although 21+ in dog years, didn't get one.

20230806_165429.jpg

20230805_091347.jpg

• I like it 7

18 minutes ago, Clueby said:

The weekend's latest acquisitions. The OFBP was released Saturday morning. The dog and I waited in line for about an hour. We didn't have anything better to do anyway. They only had 72 bottles at the store I was at. We were around #40. About 20 to 30 people that stood and waited didn't get one. Amazing how many wives and girlfriends got out of cars at 9:59.  The dog, although 21+ in dog years, didn't get one.

Can you clarify your last sentence @Clueby?  The dog didn’t get a wife or girlfriend that got out of a car, or a bottle?  🤣🤣🤣

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, Clueby said:

20230806_165429.jpg

20230805_091347.jpg

Pretty and apparently patient doggie.  Yet, I can't help but wonder about the wives and girlfriends.  😮

Oh yeah,  drum roll please...just for you...congratulations on the scores.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Can you clarify your last sentence @Clueby?  The dog didn’t get a wife or girlfriend that got out of a car, or a bottle?  🤣🤣🤣

Ok..poorly worded on my part.  I was already 2 Old Fashioneds in. The dog (she/her) didn't get a bottle or a wife or girlfriend.  She was very patient. She was just happy to be out on an adventure. 

• I like it 3

44 minutes ago, Clueby said:

Ok..poorly worded on my part.  I was already 2 Old Fashioneds in. The dog (she/her) didn't get a bottle or a wife or girlfriend.  She was very patient. She was just happy to be out on an adventure. 

How presumptive on the liquor store's part that she didn't want to buy something.  😀

• I like it 1