What Bourbon Are You Drinking - Fall 2023

smokinjoe

The weather has a hint of Autumn in the air, and saw the first tree with some color change today.  So, let’s get on to Fall bourbon drinking!  Great time to imbibe in our favorite spirit.  I’m starting off with a GBS select Elmer T. Lee, as I prepare to throw a porterhouse on the grill.  😋

4F81EC97-45CB-4052-BB26-3F9E76F25463.jpeg

• I like it 13

Yard work in the morning, Colts-Ravens afternoon, nice dinner, and now a pour or two of WT101 watching the Steelers-Raiders game.  What a storied rivalry!  Those games in the 1970s were legendary.  It blows my mind that the Steelers have only had 3 coaches since 1969.  

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • I like it 2

43 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Yard work in the morning, Colts-Ravens afternoon, nice dinner, and now a pour or two of WT101 watching the Steelers-Raiders game.  What a storied rivalry!  Those games in the 1970s were legendary.  It blows my mind that the Steelers have only had 3 coaches since 1969.  

Great win for your Colts!

We live in Ratturds country,  and their fans are unbearable.

• I like it 1

32 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Great win for your Colts!

We live in Ratturds country,  and their fans are unbearable.

Ouch for the 'skins, er Commanders.  Terry McLaurin in an Indy guy.  He is a great talent.  I don't know much about Sam Howell but today was rough.  I have Brian Robinson on my fantasy team.  Anyone who gets shot in a mugging and returns to play is solid in my book.  

I believe the Washington team will get better now that Daniel Snyder is out of the picture.

• I like it 1

Celebrated the first Patriots win of the season ( shoulda been 3-0 but Belichick uses September as pre season the sequel ) with a fine pour of WT101, so good!!!

• I like it 1

I really am liking the Shenks. 

No estamos bailando en esta casa hoy dia. Cause I overfilled the Big Berkey and screwed up the top of the cabinet. Wifey is Not Happy. Which just makes me drink more instead of bailando. Then she gets Less Happy. And then I drink more. And then....

Shenks Sin bailar.jpg

• I like it 3

Benchmark Bonded on a big cube is hitting me right, tonight.  The extended Benchmark line is priced so well, and I enjoy them well enough, that at least 1 of them is always around my bar, it seems.  

WARNING!  POURS IN A SMALL GLASS WITH A BIG CUBE APPEAR BIGGER THAT THEY ARE!!  😂

388588B4-E52B-4D26-A8E9-0D934B161C6D.jpeg

• I like it 5

Sad panda. Last pour of some WSR I found in Rockford after a sub gig. Oh well...my fave watering hole up the street has Weller 12, Stagg (junior?), ER...might walk up there tomorrow night... ;) 

• I like it 2

Old reliable OF 100 tonight.  I was pondering something high proof, but that will have to wait for the weekend.  

Meanwhile, the hometown 9 just took the NL Central by default. Oh well, a Cubs loss is almost as satisfying as a Brewers win.

• I like it 1

Rebecca Creek 16 year.  I like the 12 yr cask strength better, especially for the money, but 16 year MGP is a very enjoyable pour.

• I like it 4

It’s been a while since I’ve seen a Kentucky Spirit on a shelf.  Saw it today at what I think is, or near MSRP.  It is really, really, good.  Heavy and full mouthfeel, and a wonderful Bit-o-Honey candy note over the palate.  😍.  This is a stupendous barrel.  

09CCBC54-CE72-4598-8459-CB8C856F90B1.jpeg

• I like it 6

Moving on through my July road trip bottles, tonight I am having the Old Forester Single Barrel Barrel Strength I bought at the tour.  126.8 proof, the label says, :MTS:  Hummingbird Food."  I may have to call the distillery and ask what that means lol.  Not to be too simplistic, but it has all the classic OF notes just amped up due to the proof.  Like if you took every note from OF 1920 and dialed them up by 20%. 

OF Pick.jpg

• I like it 5

8 hours ago, LCWoody said:

Had a little bourbon get together tonight. Remus was the theme. The Gatsby stole the show.

0D4AFB7E-DE3A-47AF-A3E1-5335DAA8570D.thumb.jpeg.75dc61dbcb7c69f2628a2fc3ae55551d.jpeg

heck of a line up!

EW aged 12 years last night, very nice pour! Will have another one with Anwalt this weekend, as I assume he wants to taste it (and probably a lot more😁)

processed-FBDC10D1-A012-4DBF-8E50-F370383D5FBC-FF21866A-92C4-4B54-B373-FA204FF386E6.jpeg

• I like it 6

Last night was 4R SBBS one of the F recipes, I don't recall which, its downstairs and I'm too lazy to go look at it. It has been open awhile and I love the Fs both B&O so it was thoroughly enjoyed.