What Bourbon Are You Drinking - Fall 2023

smokinjoe

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

A long but very good day today. Started the evening with a pour of Weller SR. Next was BT. On to ER. Next……?😉

Next….?  Blanton’s 😁               Another f**king  first “N” bottle top. 🤬 Anybody need one?  🙄

IMG_2781.thumb.jpeg.493d2c1cd893590c43d93b0e3e95f531.jpeg

• I like it 1

35 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Next….?  Blanton’s 😁               Another f**king  first “N” bottle top. 🤬 Anybody need one?  🙄

Hey Joe,

Looks like a second "L" (L:) with both right legs in sync (going backwards) in a full gallop to the finish line to me.  The first "L" has the two (2) right legs going in opposite directions (front one going backwards and rear one going forwards) around the first turn.  BUT, I could be wrong . . . .  🤣

Let me know what you need and I'll swap you for it, tho'.  🤩

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Let me know what you need and I'll swap you for it, tho'.  🤩

As you wish Frank. I’ll send you an “N”  Blanton’s top, and you can send me a Weller Antique. Gotcha! 😉

IMG_2600.jpeg

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

As you wish Frank. I’ll send you an “N”  Blanton’s top, and you can send me a Weller Antique. Gotcha! 😉

IMG_2600.jpeg

Regular, Loch & K(e)y single barrel, old bottle, older bottle, or really old decanter?  I'm easy!   🥳

Weller Antiques.jpg

And you had to bust my chops with a picture of Eli???  If he didn't get the luckiest passes in two (2) Super Bowls, the Patriots would have had eight (8) NFL Championships and not JUST six (6).  No good pictures of Payton and his Championship Colts, eh???   🤩

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 6

4 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Regular, Loch & K(e)y single barrel, old bottle, older bottle, or really old decanter?  I'm easy!   🥳

Weller Antiques.jpg

And you had to bust my chops with a picture of Eli???  If he didn't get the luckiest passes in two (2) Super Bowls, the Patriots would have had eight (8) NFL Championships and not JUST six (6).  No good pictures of Payton and his Championship Colts, eh???   🤩

Could you tell us anything about the bottle on the right.  I have never seen that one before.  Is it from the 1970s.  😃

6 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Weller Antiques.jpg

That old weller decanter is the exact same bottle as the old Fitz was sold in.  The old Fitz in that decanter was very good.

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Message received and understood Frank. FWIW, I don’t really care much one way or the other for Eli. I just did a system update and my pics and music have become a bit discombobulated. That was the best I could do on short notice. Here ya go. Like this one better? 😘

IMG_2602.jpeg.99e29606feb80644014515bc3430715d.jpeg

• I like it 2

2 hours ago, PaulO said:

Could you tell us anything about the bottle on the right.  I have never seen that one before.  Is it from the 1970s.  😃

The decanter has a Tennessee tax stamp and seal that was in use from1934 to 1992 - narrows it down some.  Note the neck label, too.  When was W.L. Weller & Sons in Louisville, Kentucky?  🤓

Weller Decanter TN Tax Stamp.jpg

On the bottom is the decanter is a "Circle W" stamping, "Liquor Bottle" (duh), and the numbers "119 8 85".  My guess would be that this is a 1985 decanter - but that would be a CA guess.  😂 

Weller Decanter Bottle Number.jpg

HTH!

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 2

18 minutes ago, GeeTen said:

Weller Decanter TN Tax Stamp.jpg

Weller Decanter Bottle Number.jpg

I wish I could give this post 5  👍.  Silly me, I forgot. Darned CRS. I can! 👍👍👍👍👍

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Weller Antiques.jpg

Weller Antiques.jpg

This picture KICKS ASS.  You are a bourbon legend and I expect no less.  To paraphrase, "So, you like OWA bitches?  Let me show you how the legend plays the game."  Shit boys, I didn't even need to go to my bunker.  😀

Not sure who you are talking about when you reference Payton?  I remember a great QB named Peyton.  He bitch slapped the Patriots a few times and when his arm got tired he let his little brother Eli take a turn or two.  His teams always struggled against former Tampa Bay Buccaneer QB Tom Brady's team.  😀 

The best QB for the Patriots?  Hmmm...I guess it would be Jim Plunkett or Steve Grogan.  Personally, I thought Tony Eason played great in SBXX.  He set the record being the only starting QB to not complete a pass in a SB.  Settubg a record in the SB is a good thing right?

Are Colts fans petty when it comes to the Patriots?  You betcha!  

Seriously, Frank, all in jest.  This lineup rocks as do you!  Keep on keeping on Friend!

• I like it 2

All this back and forth banter, and I forgot to post my bottle emptying nightcap last night. This was a retirement gift from a fellow SB member. I’ve been nursing it a little over two years now. Dang it was good.

IMG_2790.thumb.jpeg.1a1b7b0e986e9d08d31a562f500181a2.jpeg

• I like it 6

Weller Antiques.jpg

Never seen an Old Fitz style decanter of 107 before!! That pic is 🥳!!  And I thought Centennial was your Weller unicorn. 😜

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Not sure who you are talking about when you reference Payton?  I remember a great QB named Peyton.  He bitch slapped the Patriots a few times and when his arm got tired he let his little brother Eli take a turn or two.  His teams always struggled against former Tampa Bay Buccaneer QB Tom Brady's team.  😀 

The best QB for the Patriots?  Hmmm...I guess it would be Jim Plunkett or Steve Grogan.  Personally, I thought Tony Eason played great in SBXX.  He set the record being the only starting QB to not complete a pass in a SB.  Settubg a record in the SB is a good thing right?

Are Colts fans petty when it comes to the Patriots?  You betcha!  

Got confused - Sean Payton vs. Peyton Manning.  Don't type before having your first cup of coffee, my friends.   🤣

• I like it 3

11 hours ago, Clueby said:

Never seen an Old Fitz style decanter of 107 before!! That pic is 🥳!!  And I thought Centennial was your Weller unicorn. 😜

Just wanted to see if you were paying attention!!!  🤩

• I like it 1

WT101, probably a 1792 SmB, maybe a Blanton's Gold later on. A beautiful fall day here, ahead of a shitty(another) weekend. 

• I like it 3

Been enjoying bottom shelf but hardly easily-obtainable here VOB 90 & WSR... Damn, I really like these!!!

On 10/12/2023 at 1:05 AM, fishnbowljoe said:

I've got N's coming out the wazoo, but I will take the pour - ahhh!!! 😋

On 10/12/2023 at 6:46 AM, GeeTen said:

Weller Antiques.jpg

You should know that to win a championship of any kind, at any level takes a measure of luck somewhere during the season whether its in the middle or at the end. Sour grapes never helps, but a nice big pour, might!!!  😜

• I like it 2

7 minutes ago, IamMatt said:

Starting the weekend off with a Doc Swinson's barrel pick.

Weekend.jpg

Looking good friend!  Well, except as an engineer, might I suggest a pocket protector.  😜  But, inquiring minds want to know, what was the barrel pick?

31 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Looking good friend!  Well, except as an engineer, might I suggest a pocket protector.  😜  But, inquiring minds want to know, what was the barrel pick?

My dad used to wear a pocket protector!  I guess I just live life on the edge lol.  The Doc Swinson's is actually a Costco store pick.  I bought one on a whim and liked it enough to go back and get a backup.  It's really hitting the spot tonight.  

• I like it 2

On 10/8/2023 at 1:08 PM, smokinjoe said:

Cheers to you Sooner guys.  I watched a good part of that game.  Really entertaining, and what a spectacle that rivalry is with Texas.  I love college football, and while OU and TU will be extremely worthy programs to join the SEC next year, I hate what is happening with teams being lured into other conferences like that.  USC and Oregon et al, going to the Big 10?  Ugh…. 

I agree about the conference realignment, even though my alma mater (OU) is one of the big movers that triggered this recent round of chaos.

I'm a Big 12 fan at heart, but when Nebraska and Texas A&M left the conference a decade ago, it was a mortal wound.  The conference was not able to lure any equivalent replacements, despite efforts, so it did not surprise me at all that OU and UT eventually looked to greener pastures,... just to keep up with their peer programs.

3 hours ago, Kepler said:

ALDS Victory Cigar 🥃

Batch #7 for 7 straight ALCS! ⚾🌠

20231013_195628.thumb.jpg.150d5f7ecf21109a49614231714b021b.jpg

Congratulations on the Astros streak and success.  

Cheers

• I like it 1

3 hours ago, Kepler said:

ALDS Victory Cigar 🥃

Batch #7 for 7 straight ALCS! ⚾🌠

20231013_195628.thumb.jpg.150d5f7ecf21109a49614231714b021b.jpg

My celebration pour for the Ranger’s winning their first ALDS since the 2011 season. 
Go Rangers!! 😀

21A3E156-32E8-4688-90E6-4DA02D1DAE6D.thumb.jpeg.e0770f3288ac8a6710161080b31a9c29.jpeg

• I like it 2