What Bourbon Are You Drinking - Fall 2023

smokinjoe

2 hours ago, markandrex said:

You are likely correct, my vision/typing may have been “impaired “.

😂 Been there, done that!

• I like it 1

10 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Back to the Jack....

20231008_190416.jpg

Is that the bottle you just bought?  😜  If so, that ...ish must be really good.  😎

18 hours ago, Kepler said:

Two big sports victories by my favorite teams today.  Sooners in the annual clash against the Longhorns. Then followed up by an Astros win in game 1 of the ALDS. 

I'm having a celebratory pour for both.

20231007_234111.thumb.jpg.d65a4dcadef691ea09ed8efee76a80c0.jpg

As they always say friend, "Go Big or Stay Home!"

• I like it 4

10 hours ago, Anwalt said:

Looks like I did the same, or close to it. Not sure if it's "all the way through", but walking has been rough, never mind kicking people and whatnot. I may pick your brain on rehabbing it, haven't decided on surgery yet.

Stupid aging. Makes ya wanna drink.

All of the sports injuries over the years and my first knee injury was about 23 years ago when I tore my meniscus (same knee) when I tripped over a landscape timber while taking my kids around Trick-or-Treating.  My doctor, at the time, told me to tell the Ortho doctor that I hurt it playing tennis so they would give it more urgency.  Same knee, two meniscus tears and an ACL tear.  

Whiskey is the best medicine.  I haven't drank bourbon all weekend.  Nope, not a single drop.  Now, rye whiskey would be another story.  😜

• I like it 4

6 hours ago, StarSurfer55 said:

Pumpkin spice is now in everything but this too far

just kidding saw this elsewhere and thought I would post it just to rile up the Weller lovers

IMG_3364.jpeg

I will admit I thought WTF when I saw this.  Yesterday, my wife wanted to grab some apple cider to make an Apple Jack Cocktail.  There was a guy at the apple cider display with his young daughter, maybe 10 years old.  They had Regular Apple Cider, Mixed Apple Cider, Gala Apple Cider, and - yep, a Pumpkin Spice Apple Cider.  We both said what the ??? at the same time and laughed. I told him if I want to spice up my apple cider I will add bourbon.  He told me that he was heading over to the bourbon aisle.  His daughter looked at my wife and they both starting laughing.  

36 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Is that the bottle you just bought?  😜  If so, that ...ish must be really good.  😎

😂

If it was, I would be in a coma!

The bottle that I ordered hasn't isn't here yet, but I have a lot of spares... 

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • I like it 2

16 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

I will admit I thought WTF when I saw this.  Yesterday, my wife wanted to grab some apple cider to make an Apple Jack Cocktail.  There was a guy at the apple cider display with his young daughter, maybe 10 years old.  They had Regular Apple Cider, Mixed Apple Cider, Gala Apple Cider, and - yep, a Pumpkin Spice Apple Cider.  We both said what the ??? at the same time and laughed. I told him if I want to spice up my apple cider I will add bourbon.  He told me that he was heading over to the bourbon aisle.  His daughter looked at my wife and they both starting laughing.  

Apple cider and bourbon really works...

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Apple cider and bourbon really works...

She was disappointed and end up with a raspberry bourbon.  An Applejack Cocktail requires simple syrup and bitters.  She had bitters but didn't feel like making simple syrup.  I have seen some recipes add maple syrup in place of simple syrup and add cinnamon. 

17 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

She was disappointed and end up with a raspberry bourbon.  An Applejack Cocktail requires simple syrup and bitters.  She had bitters but didn't feel like making simple syrup.  I have seen some recipes add maple syrup in place of simple syrup and add cinnamon. 

I'll have to give that a try.

All I do is add a splash of whiskey to apple cider.  

• I like it 1

45 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Thanks for the inspiration!

Apple cider, maple syrup, bitters, orange peel, cherry , cinnamon stick with an apple garnish.

Oh yeah....there's whiskey in it too...

20231008_205102.jpg

• I like it 3

13 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

Thanks for the inspiration!

Apple cider, maple syrup, bitters, orange peel, cherry , cinnamon stick with an apple garnish.

Oh yeah....there's whiskey in it too...

20231008_205102.jpg

Too cool.  Sonny Jurgenson would be proud!

• I like it 2

12 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

All of the sports injuries over the years and my first knee injury was about 23 years ago when I tore my meniscus (same knee) when I tripped over a landscape timber while taking my kids around Trick-or-Treating.  My doctor, at the time, told me to tell the Ortho doctor that I hurt it playing tennis so they would give it more urgency.  Same knee, two meniscus tears and an ACL tear.  

OK, now I feel Like a Virgen For The Very First Time.

12 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Whiskey is the best medicine.  I haven't drank bourbon all weekend.  Nope, not a single drop.  Now, rye whiskey would be another story.  😜

I am shocked - shocked - at such an approach. And here of all places!

• I like it 1

23 hours ago, Anwalt said:

Yesterday - Michters 10y bourbon and that Peerless Rye SP I've been trying. Both were very good.

Had the Peerless DO rye yesterday after the tasting we did. Blew the rest away😁

• I like it 1

The wife is out at a choral rehearsal so I opted for sushi followed by a WTRB b3.  

IMG_1082.jpeg

On 10/7/2023 at 9:49 PM, Kepler said:

Two big sports victories by my favorite teams today.  Sooners in the annual clash against the Longhorns. Then followed up by an Astros win in game 1 of the ALDS. 

I'm having a celebratory pour for both.

20231007_234111.thumb.jpg.d65a4dcadef691ea09ed8efee76a80c0.jpg

@Kepler WOW!!! Those are two of my favorite Bourbons in existence. I'll be right over! 😜🥃

• I like it 4

3 hours ago, WhiskeyBlender said:

@Kepler WOW!!! Those are two of my favorite Bourbons in existence. I'll be right over! 😜🥃

Yes they are! Miss you Nancy!

• I like it 1

To cut to the chase, having a couple of pours of mmmmm mmmmm MM tonight. 😀

• I like it 2

Blanton's neat, water back before a prime sirloin done Pittsburgh rare with spinach and mushrooms at our local Capital Grille.  Spent the late afternoon at granddaughter #1's soccer game nearby and seemed like a fitting end to a cool evening.  😋

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Blanton's neat, water back before a prime sirloin done Pittsburgh rare with spinach and mushrooms at our local Capital Grille.  Spent the late afternoon at granddaughter #1's soccer game nearby and seemed like a fitting end to a cool evening.  😋

What does Pittsburgh rare mean? Black & blue?

• I like it 1

36 minutes ago, Grady330 said:

What does Pittsburgh rare mean? Black & blue?

Yup!   😋

• I like it 1

A long but very good day today. Started the evening with a pour of Weller SR. Next was BT. On to ER. Next……?😉