What rye are you drinking or purchased 2024

Mattk

It was only fitting that the final pour from this bottle happened tonight at the same time as the last cookie (luckily Mrs. Kepler left one last cookie for me). 

Both of these will be missed.

20240322_214935.thumb.jpg.31d92ccd6b469ed1801290d6af1f0cf1.jpg

• I like it 6

Fryeday called for a purchase, albeit a budget-friendly one. Old Overholt at 4 years old, 86 proof, and a little more than 60 cents per ounce.  

I'm not gonna lie, this is pretty mundane on its own, but it does the trick in a Manhattan.  

• I like it 3

The WT101R was excellent as always but alas, all good things must come to an end, even 1.0 Liter bottles of Wild Turkey  🙁

On to something new and different but equally as good.  Sagamore Bonded 5yr rye.  Bring on the spice! 

Happy fRYEday.

• I like it 3

I have Alberta CS in the cabinet, so - 😉🥃

• I like it 5

WTRBR in the glass. Fits the bill nicely tonight, while I watch the Australian GP. 
At one time, this was one the very few F1 races we could watch on Saturday night.  Back then, my brother, our dad and myself would stay up late to watch the Australian GP. Good memories. 

Cheers

• I like it 5

Just a single pour of baby saz today while cleaning and making dinner. It's not big or bold or particularly outstanding in any way, which is nice for a slow mid chore sip.

• I like it 3

3 hours ago, Mattk said:

Just a single pour of baby saz today while cleaning and making dinner. It's not big or bold or particularly outstanding in any way, which is nice for a slow mid chore sip.

I opted for a single pour of WTR101 tonight.  😜

s-l400.jpg

• I like it 4

Having a sip of Sagamore double oak while watching some march madness. 🏀🥃

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, mbroo5880i said:

I opted for a single pour of WTR101 tonight.  😜

s-l400.jpg

Pretty Pic, mbroo5880i!   Nice composition, focus and use of light & color!    I like it a lot!

• I like it 1

Tonight New Riff BP Rye. I have been a NR fan for quite awhile now but I’ve only been exposed to the ryes. I purchased a BP bourbon last year at the distillery and cracked it recently. I’m hoping it’s just SB variation but I am NOT liking it. It was chosen by one of their distillers so….you would think they would pick real winners for the GS SBs right? 
Maybe it’s another instance where ryes mature  faster than bourbon and the bourbon just needs a few more years to catch up? There is a new 8 yr and I am more than looking forward to trying it as I really enjoy these ryes so I gotta believe they can also put out a delicious bourbon. Unfortunately this particular barrel and I may just not be a match.

BTW this NR SBBP rye is excellent!!

Edited by kcgumbohead
  • I like it 1

On 3/22/2024 at 10:05 PM, Kepler said:

It was only fitting that the final pour from this bottle happened tonight at the same time as the last cookie (luckily Mrs. Kepler left one last cookie for me). 

Both of these will be missed.

20240322_214935.thumb.jpg.31d92ccd6b469ed1801290d6af1f0cf1.jpg

I just ordered two more packages of those cookies.

Nice that they will just ship to your house now.

• I like it 1

5 minutes ago, 0895 said:

I just ordered two more packages of those cookies.

Nice that they will just ship to your house now.

This is one bit of information that my waistline did not need to know.

Luckily, in Texas I still cannot have WT101 Rye shipped to me.

Otherwise, why would I ever leave my house?

• I like it 2

Killed a bottle of WTR101 tonight.  It is not RyeDay but I don't plan to drink on Good Friday so...

The bottle had a couple fo healthy pours.  Watching Rugrats on TV.  Not sure why.

On 3/27/2024 at 11:43 PM, Kepler said:

This is one bit of information that my waistline did not need to know.

Luckily, in Texas I still cannot have WT101 Rye shipped to me.

Otherwise, why would I ever leave my house?

In Missouri, I'm pretty sure the Girl Scouts would go get your booze for you if you tipped well enough.

🤣

• I like it 1

32 minutes ago, 0895 said:

In Missouri, I'm pretty sure the Girl Scouts would go get your booze for you if you tipped well enough.

🤣

Lol!

It's not American, posted it anyway. Friends in Australia got me some more, felt like trying it again. I loved it the first time and love it again.

Lots of floral notes, especially lavender. And honey. And I can rarely can pick those out. Unmistakable here.

All rye. Really good. The guy who makes it is nuts even by Australian standards - and I mean that in the nicest way. As in "These are the guys I want in the foxhole with me" kind of nuts.

Tasmania.jpg

Edited by Anwalt
  • I like it 4

No #2: KL KC SP. It was well-priced, $34 or so if memory serves. Even MBroo would have bought.

Speaking of KL - did they do their lottery? I did not get an email so far this year.

KL KC R pick.jpg

• I like it 4

KC reminded me of the delightful OO10y, especially the peanutty thing. The KC must be younger because the OO has more depth, better finish. And although lower proof than the KC, the OO had more flavor and better mouthfeel, more viscous. And the finish....the OO oak perfectly offsets the sweetness. I like the KC, but I like OO 10y CS more.

Next up: Sagamore CS. Hughgweil got me on it after his epic brackets last year.

Sagamore.jpg

• I like it 4

Happy Fryeday Pour.

Finishing off this 15 year barrel proof 95/5 MGP rye tonight.

Yum!

IMG_8583.jpeg

• I like it 7

My two old buddies from Watership Down dropped by with a few suggestions for Fryeday.  

IMG_20240329_222042__01.jpg

• I like it 4

11 minutes ago, Thomm said:

My two old buddies from Watership Down dropped by with a few suggestions for Fryeday.  

Those rabbits know what's up!  👍

Sagamore Bonded in my glass tonight. Happy fRYEday. 

I'm not Catholic, but I am Christian.  I'm not sure whether I should be imbibing today on Good Friday, .. but here I am. 🤷‍♂️

• I like it 1

1 minute ago, Kepler said:

Sagamore Bonded in my glass tonight. Happy fRYEday. 

I'm not Catholic, but I am Christian.  I'm not sure whether I should be imbibing today on Good Friday, .. but here I am. 🤷‍♂️

Seems our friends from Maryland are finding their way into quite a few glasses tonight.  

• I like it 3

Second time visiting this bottle and it’s such an impressive bottle of whiskey. On the palate it’s very balanced, medicinal and sweet and then comes a monster, lingering finish. Tonight it’s as good as any MK. 

IMG_2168.jpeg

Edited by MM818
  • I like it 2