Show Us Your Stash -- Version 2

pepcycle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

In one sense, and as long the the shelves don't sag to the point of failure, a bourbon shelf that sags under the weight of many bottles is a good thing. grin.gif

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

• 3 months later...

Here is mine. There are a few duplicates. There are a number of bottles of malt whisky Japanese and Scotch, and a few blends, Japanese, Scotch, and Irish on the shelves. But my heart belongs to Bourbon!

Ed

post-912-14489811904009_thumb.jpg

Ed,

Is that Nikka on the second shelf up? We tried some of that at the Gazebo, compliments of Koji's travel companion. I was intrigued by this rendition of Japanese Whiskey.

wink.gif

Yes, there are eight different Nikka whiskeys on the second shelf. A couple more on the one above that. And a couple of suntory whiskies, too. Which one did you try? I will try to post a close up of my Japanese whiskey later. I can't just walk in the the room and snap a shot though, those shelves are full of books now. I wouldn't want to keep my whiskey in the sunlight full time, even though it looks nice.

Ed

Damm fine collection Ed - it'd do anyone proud grin.gif

(I love this thread laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif)

Not to make excuses but, I can't read Japanese, and the bottles did not have English. I can't remember which they were. Its my recollection that someone in the group has those bottles and would be better at answering the question of proof, age etc.

Jeff?

rolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

This is updated from about a year ago. No collectors bottles featured in this pic.

post-557-14489811920213_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

Val has been kind enough to allow me two areas in the house to display a portion of the bunker. Most is either in the walkin cupbaord or, if boxed, in a closet under the stairs. This picture is a cabinet of bourbon in the family dining room. The cabinet was restored 60 years ago by my grandfather. The bottom shelf contains older oddities mainly. The second shelf is mostly VW's in the tall bottles and the BT Antique Collection. The third shelf is BT, including three versions of Blanton's. There is some misc glassware above including the famous Erhlenmeyer (sp) flask tasting glass. Bottom cabinet (not shown) contains lots of medium height bottles like Wathens, OFBB, ORVW's, etc.

post-379-14489812207617_thumb.jpg

This area is upstairs in the TV room. It contains a HH display, WT products, the Bourbon Heritage Collection and various OF's etc.

post-379-14489812207788_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Okay finally got around to getting everything out and snapping some pics, then I did a real quick and dirty paste in Photoshop. I left the duplicates in the boxes, so I you see two of something, then there must be something different about them. Of course this is the main stash, the drinking stash is currently feeling lonely in Louisiana.

post-1106-14489812315932_thumb.jpg

post-1106-1448981231608_thumb.jpg

post-1106-14489812316208_thumb.jpg

post-1106-14489812316345_thumb.jpg

Okay finally got around to getting everything out and snapping some pics, then I did a real quick and dirty paste in Photoshop. I left the duplicates in the boxes, so I you see two of something, then there must be something different about them. Of course this is the main stash, the drinking stash is currently feeling lonely in Louisiana.

Very impressive! About the only thing I noticed missing which I would have expected is WT12. It appears you have the full collection of Saz from the beginning to present. Do you have same of GTS & ER?

According to my geographical calculations, I find myself considerably closer to Louisiana at present than yourself. Therefore, if the "drinking stash" gets too lonely, please feel free to provide directions to its specific location. I would not want it to get too terribly lonely in your absence. If it is anywhere close to the Kentucky stash in terms of quality & quantity, I could make myself quite at home until your return......and, be in no hurry!

Alas the only WT12 I have ever seen on a shelf in now empty-but is also one of the few bottles I've not been able to make myself throw away.

I never got around to doing a full collection of ER17 or GTS, and doubt I'll do another with the WLW. When I started the Saz it was easy...go in sometime within 6 months of it coming out and pick up a bottle, now it's more like a scavenger hunt.

Ah, currently the Louisiana bunker is quite unimpressive, as it mostly is used as "hunting storage" untill such time as I come home. But as I currently spend more time there than I do in KY, I keep all my open bottles there, though I do make sure to stock it up at the beginning of each semester with stuff I can't get there. I'm currently showing 16 bottles on the inventory there, and I know all but 2 of those are open(ERSB, WTRR101), but what is open ain't too bad(this includes VWFRR, Saz 18 & Jr, Dickel SBR, VROHH, OC BIB). It will have felt neglected, but I'll be back on Sunday, then whatever isn't gone in the 3 weeks following will get to travel back home to KY for the beginning of summer break, then it's off for study-abroad in Paris, where I hope to find some expatriots to return back home to their native bluegrass.

Jeez -- you guys never said I could post multiple pictures:

post-367-14489812317694_thumb.jpg

Now, this doesn't include the few bottles sitting on the dresser in the bedroom, the Antique Collection 3-packs under the closet shelves, the 8-10 bottles of single-malt Scotch in another closet, the 80-100 wine bottles -- or the 8 boxes of whiskeys I've already got packed to bring to Bardstown next week!:rolleyes:

post-367-14489812316482_thumb.jpg

post-367-14489812316651_thumb.jpg

post-367-1448981231685_thumb.jpg

post-367-14489812317039_thumb.jpg

post-367-14489812317198_thumb.jpg

post-367-14489812317457_thumb.jpg

post-367-14489812317855_thumb.jpg

Oh my god...Tim you need a hobby...alright...you have a hobby..you need lot's of us to come over and ogle over your bottles.

Man alive,

Mark/Nebraska

What Tim apparently needs is more storage space:lol:

Actually it seems like I had noticed several pics of yours before, but it seems like it was an older post and you've probably added a few since then...but, DAMN Tim!

See I keep trying to tell my friends that I really don't have that much whiskey...for some reason they just don't get it:slappin:

It's all starting to make sense now, With all that whiskey in one little apartment, Tim has to sleep in his car......and the reason he always brings so many wonderful bottles to the Gazebo is that that's where he stores his overflow......

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!