Show Us Your Stash -- Version 2

pepcycle
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The 06 Weller is 129.? and the 05 is 121.? I know you can find it here some where. Oscar posted years and proofs some place. I'll let you know, tomorrow may be a bit busy so it may have to wait a day.

Tony

Tony, no worries. Take your time.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Mark

San Diego Pale Ales are my favorite but finding excellent ones is difficult. Big beers and big bourbons...coincidence?

I make the full range of the spectrum for ales, but I'm more into pales+, reds, porters and stouts. Not so much into pilsners and lagers.

The cream ale I have on tap is OK but not my style and the double red is subpar...but that has more to do with my current brewing technique. Which shall change shortly!!! :cool:

After all, brewing beer is the first step to brewing something better! (Except I do not have the patience to wait 8 years!!!)

Actually I have some more stuff to put in when I empty out my storage locker. Lots of glassware and other knicknacks. I'm adding my Bardstown Anniversary EW Master Distiller's Select and probably the Millenium Globe sometime when I can find something to take their place in another display. I will take some pics to add of my kitchen display sometime in the next few days, after I have time to clean the kitchen a bit....The bulk is sitting willy nilly on the old shelves I used in St Louis down in the basement and the reserve bunker is scattered on the basement floor as well. This winter my first project is to frame and drywall the bar area in the basement and then build the barrel bar. So much to do, so much bourbon to stash, so little time...

OK, had to do some rearranging but moved the top shelf to the middle so that I could add my Booker's Commemorative which was too tall for the top shelf to the Master Distiller's shelf and added the EW Millenium and Bardstown Anniversary jug to the bottom shelf. Starting to fill out real nice now...Just going to have to find somewhere to put all the signed glassware later I guess. I'm also mulling on moving the plant (artificial) on top and putting the White Bison Presentation Case on top....I'm getting out of hand here....

OK, had to do some rearranging but moved the top shelf to the middle so that I could add my Booker's Commemorative which was too tall for the top shelf to the Master Distiller's shelf and added the EW Millenium and Bardstown Anniversary jug to the bottom shelf. Starting to fill out real nice now...Just going to have to find somewhere to put all the signed glassware later I guess. I'm also mulling on moving the plant (artificial) on top and putting the White Bison Presentation Case on top....I'm getting out of hand here....

The White Bison presentation case would look fantastic on top of your display!

~tp

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, shrine updated after digging out my signed glasses:

Pic one shows the shrine with all the following treasures:

Top Shelf: White Bison with Walnut case

Second Shelf: RidgeWOOD Reserve 1792, Van Blankle, SB.com Pappy 23, Beam 200th Anniversary bottle and box, Hirsch 20, Hirsch 16 blue wax, Hirsch 16 gold wax, and in front glasses Evan Williams signed by Parker Beam, Beam by Jerry Dalton, and Old Pogue signed by I believe it says Joseph Pogue who is the Patriarch of the Pogue family.

Third Shelf: Jim Rutledge 40th Anniversary 4 Roses with last years Mellow Moments shotglass and a Jim Rutledge signed shot glass, Bookers Commemorative with box, Jimmy Russell signed Tribute with box and Japanese addon Zippo lighter and shotglass (thanks again Koji), Jimmy Russell signed RR 101 with Jimmy Russell signed RB glass, and a WT 12.

Fourth shelf has 05 BOTY and Fourth Barrel Weller 12, BT single barrel, EW Distiller Select Bardstown 225 Anniversary Jug, Evan Williams Millenium Globe, 06 BOTY with Barrel C, and a Glencairn from Chicago Whiskeyfest.

The other two pics are from my kitchen where I just don't have enough shelf space for everything but enough to display my passion:

post-314-1448981350007_thumb.jpg

post-314-14489813500355_thumb.jpg

post-314-1448981350077_thumb.jpg

Very impressive Dane....but that simply wouldn't work for me. You have all the open bottles on top of the cupboard!! "PIA" to have a drink?? I like "easy access"!! ;);)

Dane the corner cab it AMAZING and you were on the money putting the Buffalo on the top really nice.

Not the switch subjects but "I LOVE" you kitchen and I mean I REALLY LOVE YOUR KITCHEN! That is awesome.

P.S. I found a store yesterday with a case of the old fashion flip top 95 Proof Beams. Drank some last night it is very sweet but still some what one dimensional. Still looks cool!

Tony

Very impressive Dane....but that simply wouldn't work for me. You have all the open bottles on top of the cupboard!! "PIA" to have a drink?? I like "easy access"!! ;);)

But this way, if he's had too much to drink to trust himself on a ladder, the good stuff is safe:lol:

Great Display and I envy you, just can't do that in earthquake country. All of my botlles are low and lower.

Nobody likes a show off.:grin:

Where do you live? and what time do you go to work?

Thats a great collection, I am envious. If you need help doing inventory call me.

I started out as a serious vodka drinker but over the past few years I have discovered bourbon and it is now my pour of choice. It is kind of funny but the very finest vodka is by design not supposed to taste like anything at all. It gets rather boring!

100_1579.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Oddly enough, I don't actually remember taking this pic, but I found it on my computer after looking at this thread and figured I'd post it. I need to setup a better 'bar', this is just a metal shelf unit in the basement with a blown PA speaker behind the bourbon, but the xmas lights make for nice lighting in the dark basement when deciding what to pour. wife drinks mostly gin so all that's upstairs with the whiskey I keep within easy reach when a guest wants to 'do a shot'.

don't be offended by the scotch :cool:

booze_2.jpg

I was fast running out of room to store bottles, so here's what I did on my last day off...went and got some wall cubes!

This isn't how I want it set out, but I need a few other things to have it how I want it :grin:

Scott

post-1792-14489813515576_thumb.jpg

Really cool Scott love the display!! I think I have 2 bottle for the top shelf...if you know what I mean?? :grin:

Is the Pappy 23 open?

I really like the Xmas touch too ;)

It's a red w/green overdip christmas Maker's Mark, I thought it needed a santa hat!

Really cool Scott love the display!! I think I have 2 bottle for the top shelf...if you know what I mean?? :grin:

Is the Pappy 23 open?

Those bottles won't be on the top shelf Tony, they will be in the display case!

That Pappy 23 isn't open, its a SB.com bottle. I have a KBS bottle open that Cam and I got into not that long ago...

and there's an ordinary (as if any Pappy 23 is ordinary!) bottle in my display case.

As I said, I have plans for these cubes......I will post a pic when it's done!

Scott

It seems as though many of you are collectors and boasters rather than drinkers. I know many of you have extensive bunkers and all, but seeing so many pictures with MANY unopened bottles seems a bit peculiar to me.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!