What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer '07

jbutler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

More on the subject. Let's hear what you're buying this summer.

Some LeNell's Barrel Proof Rye. Very good stuff.

Joe :usflag:

WTRR101...couple of bottles which seem to be getting harder and harder to come by.

Not today, but Saturday just gone.....

A bottle of Knob Creek signed by Fred Noe "To Cameron, Enjoy this bourbon - Fred Noe"

and, a bottle of Van Winkle 13yo Rye signed by Julian "Enjoy Julian Van Winkle III"

Thanks to a fellow SB.comer, I now have a bottle of Wild Turkey - Sherry in my collection. I took posession of it yesterday and look forward to sampling it this weekend!

~tp

Well, I went on a road trip back home to Illinois this week. Stopped by Binny's on my way back to NC and picked up both versions of the vanwinkle 10year (90 proof and the 107), vintage bourbon (the 21 and the 23 year) and one from Colorado called Colorado Whiskey. Stopped in Franfort, KY latein the evening and picked up Four Roses Small Batch and a bottle of Weller 12 year. I have gone a bit over budget, but I was like a kid in a candy store!

Received in trade and purchase from a fellow SB.comer, the following (all dusties):

Old Charter 10 year

Cream of KY

2 each Old Grand Dad BIB

2 each Old Taylor BIB

Please help me....I'm swimming in bourbon......:fish2:

Not today, but my latest purchase (last week) was Rittenhouse BIB.

Bought 2 bottles of Baker's today. On close-out in PA for 21.99.

:woohoo:

After calling ahead, I braved ridiculous road construction to drive to deep South Miami to pick up 3 William Larue Wellers and an Eagle Rare 17. Have never had either, and looking forward to trying.

-Kevin

Purchased all dusties today...shown in the collectables forum.

Old Fitz BIB - 500ml, 1L and 1.75L

Cabin Still - 1L and 1.75L

Wild Turkey 8 year 101 - 1.75L

Ten High - 1.75L

Old Charter 7 year - 1.75L

Old Crow - 500ml and 200ml

Heaven Hill - 500ml

IW Harper 86 - 500ml

Most all have tax stamps.

I purchased a bottle of Wild Turkey Rare Breed 108.2 proof Batch WT-03RB today for my small but growing bunker.

___

Today I picked up the following three bottles:

Van Winkle Special Reserve Lot "B", Lawrenceburg, $32.99.

Old Rip Van Winkle 15 year, $29.99.

Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 20 year, $69.99.

The store actually had two of each, but the proprieter stated he was keeping one of each for himself as he knew they were all discontinued and/or rare bottlings.

I plan on going back in a week or so to see if I can't 'change his mind' with cash in hand...:cool:

~tp

Yesterday's haul: a Sam's (10yo) bottle of Baby Saz, a Forty Creek Three Grain, and a bottle of Punt e Mes to replace the one I recently killed.

I'd be interested in your comments on the 3 Grain, especially if it is the more recent issue (the color is darkish red/amber, the earlier ones were the same blend but fairly light in color).

I find this whisky quite unique in its tangy interpretation of the rye experience.

I like it with a dash of JDSB added, the additional proportion of straight whiskey and charred flavors really pick it up (add depth) but don't change the fundamental taste if you don't add too much. You could add any good quality high proof straight whiskey.

Gary

If you had your choice between 3 bottles of the Michter's 10yo Rye (KBD) or 1 bottle of Rittenhouse 21yo Rye, which would you choose?

1.75L of Old Charter 8 and another 1.75L of Knob Creek - on sale.

If you had your choice between 3 bottles of the Michter's 10yo Rye (KBD) or 1 bottle of Rittenhouse 21yo Rye, which would you choose?

It's a trick question. The correct answer is nine bottles of Weller 12.

Yesterday a 750 ml of Jim Beam Black, at Jewel-Osco: $23.79 - $3.80 "Preferred Savings" = $19.99 + $0.77 Cook County Liquor Tax + $1.80 Sales Tax = $22.56.

Expensive day at the store yesterday.

3 bottles of Sazerac at $19.99 which I think is pretty good.

1 Crown Royal

1 Balvenie Doublewood

2 Russell's Reserve

1 Highland Park 12

1 Wild Turkey 1.75L

1 Jim Beam Black 1.75L

Chris

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.