What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer '07

jbutler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Received in trade today:

Old Fitzgerald 1849

Eagle Rare 101 10 year

:thankyousign:

Got another bottle of OGD BIB, the tri-wax Makers Mark, and WT RB. I've been putting off the Rare Breed for a couple of years, so I'm excited to finally try it.

Today, I rescued a lonely bottle of Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 20, Lawrenceburg, $69.99 + tax!

:woohoo:

Edit:

I just realized this is the second bottle of PVW 20 I've found this month priced at $69.99, but this one has the distinction of being a Lawrenceburg bottling. I'm really happy with this find!

~tp

On the way to Destin, picked up 4 bottles of OFBB 2002. These have been hard to come by in my neck of the woods, lately.

JOE

Stopped by the store to buy some bourbon balls (my wife's is going to visit her family and wanted to take some along). I wasn't intending to buy anything but then I saw two bottles of Hirsch 16 that needed a home....

Who'd you do the trade with Rob? Nice assortment.

Randy

Who'd you do the trade with Rob? Nice assortment.

Randy

A friend in need, with a recent significant automotive expense, had a list of "backups and doubles" he no longer needed. After some serious hard core haggling we came to an agreement. As you can see the list was Rye heavy. I like Rye.

In the world of sales we call this a win-win.

A friend in need, with a recent significant automotive expense, had a list of "backups and doubles" he no longer needed.

Rob,

If you ever have a "significant automotive expense" or just no longer need any of these bottles (especially the pewter top KS or Willett's), give me a call :grin:

Scott

On the way down to a fishing trip on Matagorda Bay, I stopped at an off the beaten path store. Bought an ER 10/101 for $14.99 (these are still plentiful here in Texas). But the unusual find was an Old Forrester Birthday Bourbon 1989/2002. This is the first issue of OF BB and I had never seen any here in Texas at all. The "old timers" here at SB.com generally consider this one to be head and shoulders above the subsequent releases. This one will likely make a trip to the Gazebo.

Randy

Typical Randy :grin: :grin: Always willing to share :grin: :grin:

For those of ya new here...He does this kinda stuff all the time. One time be bought a "entire barrel" from Julian. He shared generously with all of us here :grin: :grin: ...You will see it referred to as "VanBlankle" :grin: :grin: :grin: Matter of factly, he gave me two of them. I have not opened them and he knows the reason :grin:

Thanks, Randy :grin:

On the way down to a fishing trip on Matagorda Bay, I stopped at an off the beaten path store. Bought an ER 10/101 for $14.99 (these are still plentiful here in Texas). But the unusual find was an Old Forrester Birthday Bourbon 1989/2002. This is the first issue of OF BB and I had never seen any here in Texas at all. The "old timers" here at SB.com generally consider this one to be head and shoulders above the subsequent releases. This one will likely make a trip to the Gazebo.

Randy

On the way back to Indy from Macon, GA on Friday, I stopped in Kentucky and picked up:

Four Roses Single Barrel

Four Roses Small Batch

Ancient Ancient Age 10 YO

Tom

Ooh, I hope your stay in Macon was short. I was transferred there for two years. I generally regard Macon, Georgia to be the armpit of the U.S.

Chris

I was driving through Hightstown and liberated a liter bottle of I. W. Harper Gold Medal, with a fake tax stamp. This is a scarce item here in South Jersey, and it is very, very drinkable stuff. This is a poster child for the great 80s whiskey glut; it's listed as four years old but is far more aged than that. I have an open bottle of the BHC 15-year old edition of the I.W. Harper, and as far as I can tell it's the same whiskey.

Grain Brain and I had a heckuva day hunting yesterday. Between us, we picked up

1 750mL 70s-era Kentucky Tavern (6-yr age statement)

1 EWSB 1994 (finally!)

6 half-pints ND OGD 114

5 pints Yellowstone Mellow Mash (7-yr 91 proof)

3 750mL Gran Duque D'Alba (Spanish brandy) at a very old price of $20

3 very dusty bottles of Carpano Punt e Mes

These last two were found in a store that had dozens of bottles (mostly liqueurs, but a few other things) with NY tax strips - it would seem they must have gotten them from a distributor's closeouts? Carpano has - according to everyone I've ever talked to about it - never been distributed in TX. These bottles were from the 70s or so.

There were also several bottles there with KY tax strips. It was a trippy little store.

Nice selection. Try a Sazerac made with part brandy, part any good bourbon. E.g., that Mellow Mash and the Spanish brandy, 2:1 may be right.

Gary

I'm currently in the flood plains of southern Oklahoma for a family reunion. My girlfriend's flight was delayed by around five hours which gave me a chance to poke around old liquor stores. In addition to the Pappy 20 that my cousin was holding for me down here, I'll be bringing back a Weller Centennial (Louisville), 2 Wathens '99s, a Jefferson Reserve 15 yr., 3 Saz 18 '01s, 2 ORVW 15s, and and an Ezra Brooks 15. Since none of my family drink, I guess I'll be toasting their health by myself at the local Best Western.

-Mike

Tonight, I picked up a modern (Bernheim) Old Fitzgerald BIB, along with a bottle each of Plymouth Gin and Campari.

Word of note for those in the Cali area Bevmo has Hancock's Reserve on sale for $31.99, that is $8 off typical price and the lowest I've ever seen this bourbon. I have been wanting to try a full bottle of it, so I splurged and got 3! 2 from a Bevmo selected barrel and 1 regular. No surprise the Bevmo selected barrel pales in comparison to the typical - why do they even botther I wonder. If I could find another Bevmo with regular issue of this I'd buy a few more at this price because I think it is an incredible bourbon that gets very little credit around here...

Purchased a couple of things yesterday....

Bookers ($35)

Old Weller Antique 107 ($15)

EWSB 1990

EWSB 1992

The last two, thanks to Howie....Thanks Howie!!:bigeyes:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.