What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer '07

jbutler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Before the introduction of the current Pappy Van Winkle 15/107 there was Old Rip Van Winkle 15/107. Apparently Tony got lucky and found one of the older bottling, not that there's anything wrong with its replacement.

I think you can find references to both here using the Search function.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Phischy,

they made both, a ORVW 10 yr. 107 as well as a 15 yr 107.

I just picked up 2 10 yr. 107's today all three 10 yr's I have are Frankfort.

I have not opened the 15 yr. yet but I hear it's as good or better than the Pappy 15yr.

What else?

A bottle of Elijah Craig 18 year old.

Barreled on 4-4-81

Barrel No. 1641

Tasting impressions will follow soon in the BOTM Thread.

My sister is up here for a few days, and I caught up with her last night and she brought along that WT12yo she got me duty free.

Nice.

Scott

Today I picked up 3 bottles of Basil Hayden's and a JD Single Barrel. They were at the right price.

Scott

Yesterday at the Four Roses Breakfast, each participant was allowed to purchase 1 bottle of the FRSB 40th Anniversary Barrel Proof Bottle. There were 1442 bottles made. After 1:30 if there were any left, you were allowed to go back and get another bottle. Jon has two.....I have two :)

The liquor stores here in Bardstown tell me they are SOLD OUT!

Dawn

A bottle of 40th anniversary FR, HH 6yr. BIB, VG 90, FR single barrel-Party Source special barrel purchase, EWSB 1994. Also got bottles of Tullibardine single malt scotch, Gooderham and Worts canadian, Yellowstone 90 bourbon!

Thomas

I picked up a bottle of the four roses barrel strength 40th anniversary etc. at the Hurstbourne Liquor Barn in Louisville Friday. There were a couple of cases on the floor. I think I bought the first. They didn't have a sign or a price up yet. They were over by the customer service counter.

I picked up a bottle of the four roses barrel strength 40th anniversary etc. at the Hurstbourne Liquor Barn in Louisville Friday. There were a couple of cases on the floor. I think I bought the first. They didn't have a sign or a price up yet. They were over by the customer service counter.

Man I hope they are still there next month. I'm shopping at that store while in KY and want to pick one up.

Man I hope they are still there next month. I'm shopping at that store while in KY and want to pick one up.

Dream On......

Through the generosity of a fellow SB.com member, I received a box today that contained two bottles of Eagle Rare 101 10 year. Distilled 1981, bottled 1991. Thanks Gus! :bowdown:

Well I left some there on Sat....

Well I left some there on Sat....

I called last night and they are going to hold a bottle for me. That particular store was sold out but the sales rep believed a couple of the other locations still had some bottles in stock. We'll see.

I picked up a bottle of Wild Turkey Rye 101.

I wanted to try this again before the Russell's Reserve Rye came out.

I've had only three other ryes, Jim Beam, Old Overholt both very bad (IMHO) and Rittenhouse BIB, which was OK.

I really like the WTR, zesty taste and an excellent balance between the vanilla and spice.

Well, I didn't buy this, but my parents were in Louisville a week and a half ago for my Dad's Viet Nam Army Unit Reunion (11th Armored Cav. Allons Blackhorse!).

Per my request, they were able to pick up a bottle of Four Roses Small Batch (I said either small batch or single barrel; either was okay by me). I look forward to giving it a whirl.

Grabbed another bottle of the FR Rutledge 40th Anniversary. It's now sitting on the shelf among the other single barrels.

Rittenhouse Rye 100 BIB, based on what I read here about it. Once again, excellent advice - it is fabulous.

While I didn't purchase this bottle, it was a birthday gift from a fellow co-worker. Remy Martin 1738 Cognac. I've never had Cognac before and don't know anything about this particular variant.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.