What bourbon did you purchase today? (Fall '07)

mgilbertva
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

To start building my bunker, I found a ORVW 15 and the Weller 10 year. Tried to follow the sagely advice of Chuck, but after the drive to LeNell, found out she was out of the Weller 12 or the Elmer T Lee.

I picked up an Old Charter 10 this week... I've never ever seen an OC 12 in Chicagoland.

If you'd like a bottle, perhaps even a Louisville bottle, PM me. I think I can hook you up.

I picked up an Old Charter 10 this week... I've never ever seen an OC 12 in Chicagoland.

Did it look like this?

post-2047-14489813409505_thumb.jpg

I purchased a bottle of Old Forrester Birthday Bourbon today. Not sure when I will crack it. Probably sometime next week. I have never had it before so I am looking forward to it.

2 Pappy VW 15's and 2 more '06 Staggs. Seems like the 15 has dried up for a while so i was glad to find a store still carrying it.

Found some Old Hickory. This looks to be the last of the line. Bottle stamped '83 with the label "Bottled in Owensboro". Only 80 proof but if it shows well, I'll probably pick up the other couple of bottles on the shelf.

-Mike

Fall is here and summer is past. It's time to renew "What bourbon did you purchase today?"

Purchased a bottle of Old Forrester Birthday Bourbon today. Looking forward to it as I have never had it I am not sure when I will crack it. Probably next week.

While taking a short run through WV today, I found a bottle of pre-fire HH EWSB. Barreled on 6/24/96, barrel #451

Did it look like this?

Actually, my OC10 was definitely not a dusty.

Meanwhile, I picked up a Binny's Baby Saz this afternoon.

Made a late night run last night and picked up a bottle of WT American Spirit, and one more bottle of Thomas Handy. Have not tried either bottle yet.

A little peach...Eagle Rare 101. I had given up. It showed up at the liquor store that I found the last bottle. I have read that this is available many places around the country, it is extremely rare in these parts.

It also helps that it cost $9.99...I ran!

A little peach...Eagle Rare 101. I had given up. It showed up at the liquor store that I found the last bottle. I have read that this is available many places around the country, it is extremely rare in these parts.

It also helps that it cost $9.99...I ran!

Good score....that's less than cost.:bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

I have never seen ER 101 in San Diego. I wonder if Flash Puppy snagged it all before I started hunting.

Are the WT new bottlings out yet? I've yet to see them either as well!

Hot and humid today in the Mitten.

So I wanted something I could make a Bourbon Mist out of.

I picked up a bottle of Evan Williams.

Heaven Hill's flagship label. Michigan has high alcohol taxes and it comes in at under twelve bucks for a 750 ml.

It is just right for what I wanted, leatherey oak with that Heaven Hill minty after taste. The mint, BTW reminds me of Dickel Single Barrel.

I think Evan Williams is the most over-looked bourbon by my fellow SB.com members.

It is far and above Jim Beam and distilled by a real Beam.

I'm not sure how overlooked it is. I've mentioned it numerous times and read many posts on EWSB. Very well thought of here, and one of my favorites, especially given the price.

If I was going to pick an overlooked bourbon, I'd say it's EWSB's cousin, Henry McKenna SB. Another vintage bourbon, outstanding quality, a BIB to boot, but not nearly as much discussion of this excellent pour.

If I was going to pick an overlooked bourbon, I'd say it's EWSB's cousin, Henry McKenna SB. Another vintage bourbon, outstanding quality, a BIB to boot, but not nearly as much discussion of this excellent pour.

"I always wonder what all the fuss is around EWSB and EC12 when, for me, McKenna SB BIB is where the HH action is! "

Roger

2 Bottles today, $24 bucks later. 1 Bottle of 6yr. old Very old Barton 45% abv $11.99. The second was a bottle of McAfee's Benchmark 40% abv $10.99

I also made a trade and ended up with a bottle of WT Tribute, and a 2001 WTKS.

I'm not sure how overlooked it is. I've mentioned it numerous times and read many posts on EWSB. Very well thought of here, and one of my favorites, especially given the price..

Mark,

I'm pretty sure Oscar is just referring to the normal Evan Williams Black label, not the SB.

Both very quality pours!

Scott

My wife got me a Four Roses platinum/super premium for Christmas (yeah she's organized!) and it arrived today (only took 3 days from Japan!). I was shocked to find the roses on the bottle are plastic.:bigeyes::shocked: I figured they would be pewter or some kind of metal. So how about that. Pretty bottle though...

Scott

I also made a trade and ended up with a bottle of WT Tribute, and a 2001 WTKS.

Tony,

You da man!

A Tribute and a '01 KS? Damn!

I'm sure it made your day, heck it would have made my decade.

I was down South this spring and I left sitting on a Mississippi store self, several bottles of Tribute at only $75.00 each.

I really can't belive it myself.

Mark,

I'm pretty sure Oscar is just referring to the normal Evan Williams Black label, not the SB.

Scott

Yeah the "standard" Evan Williams.

I'm having another one now, I think the quality of this bourbon is very high.

And when you factor in the price, well below 12 bucks.

And several layers of flavors, then I have to say it is one of my all time favorites.

I wonder what that Japanese 23 year old would be like?

My wife got me a Four Roses platinum/super premium for Christmas (yeah she's organized!) and it arrived today (only took 3 days from Japan!). I was shocked to find the roses on the bottle are plastic.:bigeyes::shocked: I figured they would be pewter or some kind of metal. So how about that. Pretty bottle though...

Scott

I cannot make the date or the location,....

but I have seen "The Platinum" in pics on the web.

I have a bottle that is called a platinum, but I don't think it is "The" Platinum.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.