What Are You Drinking Tonight, Winter'07/'08

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

actually last night,...

Wild Turkey Tradition, over at Tony's AKA ACDetroit yet another bomb bourbon was discovered for the first time on the East Side.

I think this could be the best Turkey I ever had.

Also in attendance was John AKA Firefly and Jeremy AKA Dr. Francois.

There's a few more of you Michiganders out there, the Bourbon Hounds will track you down.

As Oscar said we had a small Michigan SB.com group get together last night! It was great, Oscar brought his Lot "B" and it was out of this world. His Cherries comment he posted earlier on this one was dead on (wow was that nice), thank you Oscar! Dr. Francois (Jeremy) well he hooked me up with some micro brews from his trip home to CO, thank you Jeremy! Let me know what your wife thought of the bunker pic's! and late but not least Firefly, John who has a crazy work schedule right now cleared with both bosses work and home and made the trip from Lansing! John thank you for making it as well and the gift! We drank a little of a lot! big Turkey night with the Tradition getting raves over the WTAS, WTKS 96', WTRB 99' we did not try it against the 8 yr old or 12 on the bar. But the Tradition was stellar! and for that, and this small group we're developing I toast you guys with some Tradition tonight!

Thanks to all who made it and all that PM having plans, you were missed! There's always next time!!

Cheers!

Tony

So far, staying on the Rye side of life again tonite.....RRR and VWFRR. If time allows and fatigue stays away, I may take the opportunity to break open the BMH 18 Rye I found today.

Well, maybe only 2-3 oz. or so of each, but quite a variety.

4R Single Barrel, 4R Small Batch, 4R Yellow, Macallan Cask Strength (114 proof), Balvenie Portwood.

Tony,

It was a great night! I look forward to many more in the future.

Tonight I got into the Mcafee's Benchmark from BT. I have to say, it's damn fine for an 11 buck bourbon. Go get yourself a replacement bottle and see if you agree.

I also need to reprimand you. That Stagg and Saz you let me try has pretty much ruined me for life. Everything else tastes tame and docile by comparison. Thank you...thank you so much.

Tonight I had my very first Manhattan (Well, 3 actually), made witrh 3 shotsRittenhouse, 1 shot M&R Rosa, and bitters, with a cherry. Very tasty, and I may have found my next dangerous drink.

Warmed up with a half pour of Compass Box Asyla. Next was some RHF, then Pappy 15, then WLW 06. Wanted to end on something special :shocked:, so I opened the Parker Heritage 122.6 that I swore I'd wait on. An extremely interesting bottle that others have already written good notes on. Different than anything I own, which is what I was hoping for when I bought it. First bourbon I've ever detected chocolate in, yummy :cool: Two thumbs up to Heaven Hill.

Life is good when there's this much good whiskey in my home :grin:

Tony,

It was a great night! I look forward to many more in the future.

Tonight I got into the Mcafee's Benchmark from BT. I have to say, it's damn fine for an 11 buck bourbon. Go get yourself a replacement bottle and see if you agree.

I also need to reprimand you. That Stagg and Saz you let me try has pretty much ruined me for life. Everything else tastes tame and docile by comparison. Thank you...thank you so much.

Sincerely, the pleasure was all mine I really enjoy have like minded people at my bar to share in my finds. Sure it's nice to be able to go down grab what you want and have a pour now and then. To be able to share those finds with great company is what it's all about!

My condolences on the tame/docile bottles on your bar! :slappin: Give it a week or so and they'll be right back to where they were before that 05' KY release Stagg reeked havoc on you taste buds!

Have not yet jumped into the Beer but maybe one tonight while I sip on some ORVW 10/107!

Cheers!

Tony

So far, staying on the Rye side of life again tonite.....RRR and VWFRR. If time allows and fatigue stays away, I may take the opportunity to break open the BMH 18 Rye I found today.

My evening was extended due to a broken cork on my open bottle of Wathen's. By the time I got it out, contents strained and then decanted into another bottle......well, it called for a generous pour of same. Followed that with Ezra B 15 and ERSB.....it was a late one but productive and worthwhile!

Started with weller 7 90, lot B PVW20, then to the 107's with weller 7 107 ORVW 10 107, and finish with PVW15, Cheers

Started with weller 7 90, lot B PVW20, then to the 107's with weller 7 107 ORVW 10 107, and finish with PVW15, Cheers

I am able to read people very well and I can tell right off the bat that you can't stand wheated bourbon!;)

As Oscar said we had a small Michigan SB.com group get together last night! It was great, Oscar brought his Lot "B" and it was out of this world. His Cherries comment he posted earlier on this one was dead on (wow was that nice), thank you Oscar! Dr. Francois (Jeremy) well he hooked me up with some micro brews from his trip home to CO, thank you Jeremy! Let me know what your wife thought of the bunker pic's! and late but not least Firefly, John who has a crazy work schedule right now cleared with both bosses work and home and made the trip from Lansing! John thank you for making it as well and the gift! We drank a little of a lot! big Turkey night with the Tradition getting raves over the WTAS, WTKS 96', WTRB 99' we did not try it against the 8 yr old or 12 on the bar. But the Tradition was stellar! and for that, and this small group we're developing I toast you guys with some Tradition tonight!

Thanks to all who made it and all that PM having plans, you were missed! There's always next time!!

Cheers!

Tony

Sounds like a good time. If it didn't take 10+ hours to get there I might have gone. :D

Anyway, the WTT is some darn good stuff.

Tonight, like last night I had nothing, as I am still gathering myself after the weekend. I went to Sydney for a few days for my best mate's Bucks Party (I believe you guys call it a Stag party). He's getting married in 3 weeks, and boy did we celebrate.

We started drinking at lunch time on Friday and it didn't really come to an end until 4 or 5 am Sunday morning.

One arrest and one off to hospital, not bad considering there was 45 guys!:grin:

Our drinking stash for the room consisted of a WT8yo, Iron Horse, Woodford Reserve, Elijah Craig 12yo, Maker's Mark, litre of Jack, JD Silver Select & Canadian Club Classic 12yo - but we didn't spend too much time in the room.....there seemed to be some major evaporation going on in there!:skep: He ended up going home with 4 bottles that maybe had one or two decent pours in them.

We went white water rafting Saturday morning, which isn't the smartest thing to do after you had 3 hours sleep after a 16 hour drinking session, but we still had fun!!

On Saturday night, I found the bar on the 3rd level had Rare Breed, and I was getting charged $6 a hit for a free pour (the dude was a little heavy handed, too), so I was as happy as a pig in :shithappens:

I'm still alive, however my liver sold itself on ebay yesterday:lol:

I recommend the rafting, but everything else ladies and gentleman, in moderation.

Scott

One arrest and one off to hospital, not bad considering there was 45 guys!:grin:

Scott

Boy you Aussies sure know how to have fun.

Tonight I have a single pour of Pappy 23 in my glass to celebrate a momentous occasion that happened 53 years ago, today. Momma Redvette gave birth to her first child and only son, yours truly. Cheers.

VROHH 10yo. Damn this is good. Is this going to continue as Bernheim juice? And if not, is there going to be 10-11yo Bernheim juice available for sale to independents? Wouldn't mind bottling a 10yo Willett, eh?

VROHH 10yo. Damn this is good...

:lol: Another convert, eh? It's not like we haven't told you, Jake! Welcome to the club.:toast:

Let's hope it continues, but I've manage to hoard a couple of bottles, in any case. If I lived it KY, that how I'd be buying it -- by the case!

"...eh?" (Used also by Jake).

I must be having some influence on the board! :)

Gary

Thirty years of hard rock affecting you too, Tim? With me it's just the ears. :)

Gary

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.