What Are You Drinking Tonight, Winter'07/'08

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Tonight and for a couple of weeks it is Wild Turkey Rare Breed. I only drink my bourbon with one or two ice cubes.

Woodford Reserve at a resturant with a nice prime rib steak. Not quite what I used to. Rubbing alcohol smell tastes ok but I would have preferred others. WLW 12yr would have been real good. I like the plums or fruit taste I get out of that one.

The Patty and I are raising a glass and toasting with Pappy 15.

We toast Jake, faithful companion for 15 years.

May his soul soar to heaven on angel's wings.

Am joining you on that, Ed (with McScrooge's Pappy 15). May your 15 years with Jake eventually eliminate your days of anguish.

Weller Centennial 13 year from Julio's. Really an outstanding pour and pretty much becoming my everyday while it lasts. Going to stock up on some more this weekend. I'll probably finish the night with some Pappy 15 in honor of Jake as well.

Some WT 1855 while I wait on my Weller Centennial 13yr :P

I consider the Centennial 13 yr to be a great find. At $29.95, I'm stocking the bunker up with it this weekend.

Here's one we don't see often: Rowan's Creek. About 1/3 of a bottle left; don't think I'll buy another, but it's an enjoyable, economical pour.

A little bit of everything....

Dane graciously invited me and Dr. François over and let us go crazy with his impressive collection. Many bourbons were tried, but two of the highlights have to be the '02 Stagg and first release of Pappy 23.

Not to mention that I got to head back to Denver with my first bottle of Russell's Reserve 101, courtesy of our host.

A big hat tip to Dane for a great night.

I just got in from my western adventure. I second Rake's sentiments...it was a great time.

Some WT 1855 while I wait on my Weller Centennial 13yr :P

Spun, maybe Ryan over at Julio's will ship to AZ?

No, I already have some I have shipped to myself (through legal channels of course). It just has not arrived yet.... tonight... it will be.... a little more of the 1855.... and a cup of English breakfast tea decaf

No, I already have some I have shipped to myself (through legal channels of course). It just has not arrived yet.... tonight... it will be.... a little more of the 1855.... and a cup of English breakfast tea decaf

Spun, do you believe the Centennial to be worth the $11 premium over the Antique 107? I feel it is superior but wondering if the price points are warranted.

I'm a bit on the fence as the Antique has really grabbed me of late. Either way, the Centennial is still a bargain at $30 and I will be stocking up.

Even though the Centennial is a lower proof for more money I think it is worth it. The 107 Antique is a little hot, as compared to the Centennial but I do like the 107 alot.

Some say they are similar but I would spend more and get the Old Rip Van Winkle 107.

Even though the Centennial is a lower proof for more money I think it is worth it. The 107 Antique is a little hot, as compared to the Centennial but I do like the 107 alot.

Some say they are similar but I would spend more and get the Old Rip Van Winkle 107.

Thanks for the advice Oscar, I'm going on a buy this weekend and haven't tried the ORVW 107 (at $27) yet so I'll grab a few... do you place it above the Centennial?

Thanks for the advice Oscar, I'm going on a buy this weekend and haven't tried the ORVW 107 (at $27) yet so I'll grab a few... do you place it above the Centennial?

Yeah, I like it more than Centennial and that is a high compliment because I love Centennial.

I'll rank 'em.

1. ORV 107

2. WLW Centennial

3. OW 107

4. I like 'em all!

Yeah, I like it more than Centennial and that is a high compliment because I love Centennial.

I'll rank 'em.

1. ORV 107

2. WLW Centennial

3. OW 107

4. I like 'em all!

Well then, I'll definitely grab more than a few since I have to drive about 1.5 hrs to find any of it. Thanks for pointing me in the direction of a possible favorite for me since I love the Centennial and Antique 107icon7.gif

Cheers!

I'm starting out with some McCallan Fine Oak 15 year, which is one of the finest scotch single malts I know. The regular McCallans is sweet as syrup, but the Fine Oak blends stock aged in bourbon barrels as well as their usual Jerez sherry cooperage. The dictionary has a picture of this stuff next to the definition of "balance".

I'll switch to bourbon next, though, and am trying to decide between an Old Charter 10 or cracking open a new bottle of WTRR 101. (Oscar, I have a bottle with your name on it - PM me)

My nearly empty bottle of Rare Breed. Nice.

Scott

Good idea. I am having the same from a near empty bottle myself. I think I will follow it with some PVW 15 or 20, not sure yet.

WT 101, rock..one rock. It has been that kind of a day. I needed something known for being "in your face". I could have done OGD 114 I have a bunker of Staggs. Just wanted to taste WT.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.