What Are You Drinking Tonight, Winter'07/'08

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Old Forester Signature followed by some Weller 12

The OF Sig has to be the nicest surprise of what I bought at Binny's and it was recommended by Brett.

Tonight I had a mix of Rittenhouse BIB and Berhiem Ginger Ale (mild, not hot)

Tonight's selection was a Weller Centennial 13 yr and an Old Forester Birthday Bourbon.

So far ORVW 10/107 and Antique 107.... a 107 kind of night. Maybe I'll top it off with a Pappy 15 107 icon12.gif

06 ER and 07 ER ... great comparison. The 06 dusts the 07.

Thank you for the 06 Birdman

Weller 12yo, Binnys botteling. Seems to need to open up a bit, as I just opened the bottle.....

OGD 86 proof (National era, from a Quart bottle).

So, I'm starting to catch on to the fact that National-era OGD is not for me. I really like the nose on this bourbon, but on the palate I'm getting a lot of the overly woody, dry, astringent notes that I was noticing on my OGD BIB (National).

Weller 12yo, Binnys botteling. Seems to need to open up a bit, as I just opened the bottle.....

After it opened, what did you think. I have the same bottle...?

Finished the night with some Weller Centennial 13yr and ORVW 107/10yr. for a compairison for our good buddy Nick... Both great for their own reasons... and I am feeling no pain.

Sorry everyone, but:

When in Rome, ..........

Hanging out in warm and sunny Puerto Vallarta in Jalisco, Mexico, the home of tequila. Enjoying a "pseudo-margarita"--Tequila con Squirt. And a nice Cuban smoke out on the patio at night.

DSCN0524s.jpg

Although I got some 2006 WLW from the BTAC in today I am drinking the 2007 117.9 proof.

I cut it down to 100 proof and it is very tasty, reminds me of Weller 12yo with apricot.

Started with Centennial 13 yr, finishing with Very Special Old Fitz. I'd say that this old fitz tastes alot like a younger Pappy 20. Anyone had that flavor profile come out.... the similarities are tremendous.

Since I've nearly run out of new stuff to try from my Chicago haul, I decided to open the GTS '07.

I think that I smell and taste the appeal :bigeyes:, but this will definitely be a special occasion only pour for me.

Started with some Redbreast 12 year and then moved on to early 80's Wild Turkey 8 year 101.

Nice work Greg! I to am having some WT 8 yr old tonight. Mine is an import Litre from the Canadian border.

Tony

Nice work Greg! I to am having some WT 8 yr old tonight. Mine is an import Litre from the Canadian border.

Tony

Tony,

I'm going to be hosting a "Turkey Shootout" on May 3rd. Give me your impressions of the current 8 year. I have two bottles and will be opening one for the tasting. Gonna mix it up between current and older iterations. The 8 year 101 I'm drinking right now is a really good pour.

I had a Jim Beam on the rocks at dinner. And I must admit I was surprised to find that the steakhouse where we ate didn't serve Maker's Mark. I hope to correct that. Right now I'm enjoying Buffalo Trace on the rocks.

Greg, I find the import just classic WT! maybe not quite as sweet as the old with a bit more oak. The classic WT nuttyness is in the finish on this bottle but like you said and I'll repeat I really like this one as well. The alcohol burn is in the finish which I find odd but up front this one it smooth as silk.

Hop it helps! Let me know your thoughts on it in May?

Cheers!

Tony

Sam's Wines of Chicago special bottle of Elmer T Lee Single Barrel.

New Spring/Summer 2008 thread needed for this subject?

Please say winter is over.

I officially declare winter to be over. On to the spring thread!

Thomas

Cheers to that! :toast::woohoo:

• 10 months later...

Was able to fly back to Louisville this afternoon despite the ice storm . . . power still out in Lake Forest, so came over to watch the UL game at my folks house . . . choices were Maker's, Woodford and the Bernheim Wheat which I had yet to try . . . expectations were low, but the Bernheim Wheat wasn't bad at all . . .

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.