What Are You Drinking Tonight, Winter'07/'08

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Bourbon Mist made with Bulleit.

I saw a pint bottle today while out Dusty Bottle shopping and picked it up.

I have not had any for a couple of years, this will make a great summer cooler.

A couple of Corona's with dinner and now some Weller Centennial 13 yr. Maybe end off with some Weller Antique.

An experimental four-grain vatting - Weller 7/107 and Ritt BIB.

It actually seems to work pretty well (not something that happens with all of my experiments...)

Strong caramel nose, with a hint of cocoa. A bit hot on entry (that's the Ritt). Smooths out, with rye emerging at mid-palate and continuing on the finish. Adding a few drops of filtered water solves the heat problem.

Never did try the Woodford four-grain, but from what I've read about it this is probably at least as good.

Skipped the Antique as planned and had a Lot B that tasted great tonight and now finishing off with some PVW 15 which is delicious as usual

Some Bartons for a change. Cracked open a bottle of 1792 Ridgemont Reserve. Barton's whiskey doesn't blow me away like some other brands do, but there's a certain tang that make it unique. Here in the northeast, it's a rare bird; I haven't had an open bottle of anything by Barton's in close to a year. It tastes good tonight, though . . .

After bowling an awful series, I consoled myself by moving the Lot B up in the queue past OGD114 (I think I need to stick to a rye one night, wheater the next rotation anyhow).

I can see why folks rave about the Lot B. Wow. So far, this would be my desert island pick. I'm getting cherry cordial on the nose and some oak and chocolate on the palate.

Tonight I am chilling with Early Times Straight Kentucky Bourbon out of a 200 ml PET bottle. Poured over ice it is just right after a day of tramping the streets of Kyoto visiting temples.

I will keep the bottle for a flask, Light, unbreakable, nice capacity.

Ed

I'm exhausted: doing a formal tasting of Willett Family Pot Still Reserve followed by an extensive sampling of the BOTM.

I hate working on the weekend...

Some '07 Saz18. I'm a bit disappointed by this bottle. Those piney sour apple's that I loved from the last one are definitely there but they are quite muted by a stale and woody taste. Oh well... and now, back to Elvira's Haunted Hills :D ...and maybe a bit of Baby Saz to go with it.

BT Julio's barrel. It is better than the one I have from BevMo... but I prefer the Weller... It is good... don't get me wrong...

OGD BIB followed by OGD 114. I'm coming down with a cough and the combo beats Robitussin hands down. :grin:

After blowing 15 inches of snow I treated myself to some 07 GTS. My Oh My it was the perfect pour at the perfect time. I have since followed it up with some PVW Lot B. !yummy! but when is spring gonna show up????

Started with Four Roses Single Barrel, moved on to OGD114 then Pappy 15 then 20, all is good.:cool:

Started with Bernheim, then B-Day and on to some KP 107... while watching Dr Who (the first Doctor tonight).

I opened the Pappy 15 last night at a friend's house and I'm trying it again tonight. I'm not sure that I prefer it over the Lot B, but time will tell.

For the first time in a long time, I enjoyed some Elijah Craig 12yo.

Why I waited this long I may never know!

Scott

Last nights pour was a 1992 distillate of AAA 10 year. Even at 86 proof and its low shelf placement, it's a good pour.

Four Roses Small Batch on the rocks.

Bright sunny day today and I felt like a change from the wheaters I have been drinking this winter.

It has a little mustiness to it, I would suggest this to a scotch drinker for an intro to bourbon.

but when is spring gonna show up????

yea, no kidding, it was 5 degrees this morning again. I wonder if my boss would mind if I had a bourbon on my drive to work in the wee morning hours...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.