What Are You Drinking Tonight, Winter'07/'08

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Last night was a sampling of new beers (part of my job to try new things :grin:) . I decided to break up the tasting with some bourbons (to reset the palate with something I knew. Completely professional :drink:). Started with a bottle of Dixie Blackened Voodoo Lager, then a finger of JW Dant Bib 100 (not really loving that one), then a bomber of Rock Art's Stump Jumper ("Gnarly Stout") with two fingers of PVW20, and finished the night with Flying Dog's Road Dog (Scottish) Porter.

Love that B. Voodoo label so much I bought the T-shirt with it. Oh, and the beer's pretty good, too.

Went with the Bernheim wheat whiskey tonight watching the return of those great CBS sitcoms: Big Bang, How I Met Your Mother, 2.5 Men, New/Old Christine. These shows are about 90-95% about sex. Unvbelievable.

Some WT 101 Rye, it ain't Irish but parts of the label are green! :grin: Happy St. Patrick's Day!

To celebrate St. Patrick's Day, opened a bottle I had been saving just for the occasion......a WTKS that was bottled on 3-17-06. So, so good.....been a while since I had any KS and just about forgot how good it is!

Shamrocks & Cheers to all!!!!

I had some Woodford Reserve tonight. Didn't thoroughly enjoy it, but I don't know if it's because it was bad or because Cam and I were discussing a bad bottle earlier. I have always found it hit and miss.

Scott

I'm not sure what yet, but I think I'll be opening a bottle or two of something real nice to celebrate how oral arguments went today in Heller, both personally for the mentions of our brief and for gun rights.

I opened the ETL tonight - I think I made another great choice based on the recommendations here.

Opened a bottle of the 2007 ER17 and am enjoying it. I definitely see what some say about the strong tea-like notes. I really, really like the nose. I am a little less keen on the palate, but it's growing on me. On the whole, I find this bourbon to be very good to excellent.

May crack open a bottle of the Talisker 18 later...

Bernheim Original, It is a light bourbon, but a great end of the work day started. Light, little on the sweeter side.... I am afraid it would disapear if it was a second drink if the night..

Starting with OFBB '07 (nice and spicy), then some Rare Breed and maybe end with some Antique 107 (gotta fit a wheated in there somewhere!).

Haven't decided what to pour this evening. Getting ready to watch Season 1 of the Soprano's. Last night I started with VOB BIB (again, an excellent lower priced bourbon) and then moved on to a 2007 Saz.

I don't remember -- but it's some whiskey combined with some diet soft drink:grin: .

Boy, will I be glad when Spring Break begins Friday!

Just a little Rittenhouse Tye tonight. Getting to the end of a bottle, and trying to finish it off. Tasty stuff. No reason not to replace the bottle.

I picked up a bottle of Old Rip Van Winkle 10yo 107 proof on the way home today and am glad to be drinking it safe and sound here in my warm dry home.

Started with Parkers Heritage 122.6 proof (wow, so tasty) and currently drinking Weller Centennial 13yr (of which I just found out won't be made anymore :cry: ) I have no idea how I'm going to replace this great everyday pour.

Bakers. I have been out of Bakers for a while, so I replaced my stock today. This is a darn good pour, lots of oak, lots of mouth feel, lots of character. I like this stuff but at 107 proof, I tend to get too tipsy too fast. Gotta figure out how to slow down the consumption, no going to be easy.

Old Granddad 114.

To be followed closely by Corvallis' suggestion of Old Forester and Barq's.

My wife is trying to talk me into dropping a bit of Haagen Dazs on top - kind of bourbon-y root beer float.

:grin:

I had a couple of WT manhattans. Now I'm finishing up with a little ORVW 10/107. I'm almost out, so it has been a long time. Man, is that good!

Jeff

I just finished a bottle of Redbreast. The best Irish whiskey, IMO. I've never seen it in a Pennsy state store, so I'll hvae to hit the road for Jersey to garner a replacement.

Think I'll finish off with a complete contrast, some dusty WT Rye, distilled in Maryland. What a huge dark chocolate flavor hangs over this pour. Classic rye.

Stopped in a tried the 13 yr Weller, RHFs, WTRR Rye and the EWSB 98 tonight at Julio's ... that Weller and RHF is great... sad thing is, I learned tonight that the Weller Centinnial is going away :(

Celebrating a nice raise with some Port Ellen 24 bottled by Signatory. Will probably go for some Pappy 20 later tonight, and then some Ardbeg "Airigh Nam Beist"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.