So what is everyone smoking?

cigarnv
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Have moved on from the not so good Wavell which is quite unusual to a LGC Tanios from 2005/2006?? Now this is a nice cigar...

post-1354-14489817954272_thumb.jpg

I smoke a couple cigars a week. I bought some Perdomos that were enjoyable. Is it weird that I prefer maduro wrappers over anything else?

Bolivar #1 Havana, gift from a well-travelled friend. Enjoying this immensely with a healthy pour of PVW 15, prepping for the Avett Brothers show tonight.

Is it weird that I prefer maduro wrappers over anything else?

Not at all.I concur.

Joe :usflag:

Illusione cg:4 [two actually] with a Three Philosophers Belgian Style Blend (Quadrupel) ... very nice

I smoke a couple cigars a week. I bought some Perdomos that were enjoyable. Is it weird that I prefer maduro wrappers over anything else?

I certainly don't think so. The rich taste imparted by a Madison wrapper is certainly hard rock beat, and unlike Cameroon or Corojo wrappers, you don't have to spend a fortune to get good quality.

Speaking of which, after almost 2 weeks of lousy weather, I was finally babble to sit out last night and enjoy a pour of Knob Creek with a Consuerga #9 Mauro. These "seconds" are nothing short of fabulous... deep, dark and toothy maduros for under $2 a stick don't make me compromise taste for price.

I really need to broaden my cigar horizons. I've never found quality cigars for that cheap, but then again I usually just buy my cigars from the liquor store I frequent. I've bought few cigars there, that were very difficult to keep lit. The last time I went there they had a humidifier in the humidor. I need to find a real tobacconist. I'm sure the pricing, selection, and storage will be better.

Spent an hour+ with a Perdomo Champagne Noir. What a nice cigar to go with my pours of bourbon or rye. Couldn't find my Shuriken so I improvised with a new straight blade. Damn fine burn.

Had a cheapo last night, but I noticed it was very dry. Time to condition the ole humidor.

Smoked a Black Pearl with a Cameroon wrapper Friday, and one of the new 2012 Limitadas from 5 Vegas Saturday. The BP was decent, the Limitada excellent. Went mild on Sunday with a 5 Vegas Gold.

Last night was a Punch SS #1..... a tough cigar to beat in a great format..

Last night was a Perdomo Habana. It started a little rough for me but ended very nice. Had a great burn though, pretty much kept the ash on it until I put cigar out (25-30 minutes).

CAO La Traviata robusto with some Old Rip, great combination, both accentuating the other without being too bold or overpowering each other.

Tonight I had a Alec Bradley Prensado Churchill. This cigar was rated 96 by CA and chosen as the 2011 Cigar Of The Year. I can see why. This cigar was absolutely stunning.

Joe :usflag:

Gurkha Beauty double perfecto with some '84 AA. Very nice combination IMHO.

Gary

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!