So what is everyone smoking?

cigarnv
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Perdomo Habano Maduro. I don't know a lot about cigars, but I know I like this one. Smooth draw, even burn, nice spiciness with some chocolate.

Gary

Finished last evening off with a Ramon Allones SCC.... great way to finish off the evening!!

Last evening a few of the local bourbon boys in the DC area got together at a friends place as Emerald was in town... lots of great bourbon, good food and cigars.

The best cigars of the night were Punch Punch from about 2002 and Ramon Allones RASS from 2003

Last evening we had a few folks over as an old friend was in town for a few days. We enjoyed a few dusties, several Willetts and a few drams of scotch.

Cigars enjoyed-

Juan Lopez #2

Trinidad Fundadores

Mayorga Maduro Torpedo paired up with some Pure Kentucky XO.

How are the Mayorga's these days? When Martin Mayorga was running the company they were always a solid value for a good cigar... guess he just does coffee now???

A little less of the Nicaraguan power these days than back when it was Martin's brand, or even the few years after Lew Rothman bought him out. (Yes, he is all about his coffee these days which is outstanding as well... I'm sort of surprised that no big company has come along and bought him out yet). But it is still an incredibly smooth taste with plenty of earth and leather flavors and even a hint of espresso. A great draw, particularly for a box pressed cigar makes it an easy choice for an affordable smoke to keep around.

A little less of the Nicaraguan power these days than back when it was Martin's brand, or even the few years after Lew Rothman bought him out. (Yes, he is all about his coffee these days which is outstanding as well... I'm sort of surprised that no big company has come along and bought him out yet). But it is still an incredibly smooth taste with plenty of earth and leather flavors and even a hint of espresso. A great draw, particularly for a box pressed cigar makes it an easy choice for an affordable smoke to keep around.

Appreciate the update... going to have to give them a try. These and the Maria Mancini's always seemed to be a solid choice for a great value stick...

Enjoyed this weekend: La Gloria serie R, Perdomo champagne 10th anniversary, and a Padilla that came in the cigar club.

I was finding some synergy with 601 Blue label and Corner Creek during the past week. Today though, it was a 601 La Bomba with some Innis & Gunn Highland Cask.

Last evening I enjoyed a Kristoff Sumatra Lancero that in all honesty exceeded my expectations. Big, rich and full bodied. Perfect construction. Worth seeking this line of cigars out IMO for a solid NC performer in the $8-11 range.

post-1354-1448981793793_thumb.jpg

Soon you won't be smoking (or using tobacco) if you want to be a new hire for my hospital.

Effective 7-1-2012 all new hires must test negative for nicotine and cotinine if they are to be hired.

No doubt the big bad insurance man is coming down hard.

Well, what do you know. I must have been channeling the GCBM on Saturday, as I just picked up the label from the cigar I had that night, and realized it too was a Gurkha Cellar Reserve. I was gifted this recently from a neighbor. Big, fat thing, and a prodigious smoker. Kept the skeeters away. :D The label on this puppy has no equal. It's massive, and chock-ful-o info like: Blended at the K. Hansotia & Co "World Headquarters". Batch # 8582N. Restricted Release. Blend Strength 97.6%. Quantity # 20/K1967. Aged 15 Years. Authentic Mark of Honor. Dominican Puro. Then, there's also the paragraph on how great it is. I'm exhausted just reading it. But, it was a pretty good smoke.

Last evening I tried a San Lontano Maduro Lancero which was actually better than I expected it to be. A good solid cigar with nice tobacco flavors, medium strength and excellent construction. One of those great nights after a rain when everything is perfectly still and the heavy air causes your cigar smoke to just hang in the air before it slowly drifts away.... all is good!!

post-1354-14489817940157_thumb.jpg

Another nice evening enjoyed on the patio with a cigar and libation. Cohiba 2011 EL aka "1966". Nice 2 hour cigar that was excellent but not worth the $$....

post-1354-14489817941488_thumb.jpg

came home from a business trip last night, and had a friend from out of town staying over. we enjoyed Partagas #4 with pours of Old Scout, OFBB, and a Wilett SB. nice way to end a trip.

After a delicious meal from the grill, a Partagas 1845 that paired nicely with a Willet 4 yr rye. First time using my Shuriken as well. not sure how much difference there really is, but I definitely noticed the spiciness and/or light bitterness was absent from the cut, and the draw seemed no different.

Found a Rocky Patel Rennaissance in the humidor,it must have come in the cigar club and I never noticed. It was a very dense, heavy stick, and I was concerned that it would have a tight draw, but it was fantastic. Slow, even burn with tons of smoke. Great flavor, medium to full bodied. I will definitely buy more of these when I see them.

Partagas Lonsdale from a dress box this afternoon..... great cigar

SLR Reserva Especial. Third one of a 5-pack from CI. First 2 had limited time in the humidor and had burn issues. This one has been in the humi a couple of months, requires a great deal of attention to keep lit and tastes like a dirty ashtray. Getting a little better at the half but fighting a stogie is quite low on the list of things I enjoy.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!