What are you drinking this moment?

CL
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Damn, after responding to your ORVW post and after catching up on my reading in this discussion group, I just couldn't stay off the 10 yo. The damn bottle is empty now. frown.gif Time to pull the other out of the mini-bourbon bunker. laugh.gif But, I won't crack it open for a while. Gotta keep my wits tonight and keep some of it in stock. tongue.gif

(However, I have been punctuating a little too much tonight with the instant graemlins.) smirk.gif

Hello, CL. No I am not pulling your leg at all. I usually start off having whatever Bourbon I an drinking neat, with a little ice or water. tongue.gif Now to be honest I like to take a big gulp of whatever I am drinking. grin.gif Now if I took a big gulp of Rare Breed neat I just might pass out from the shear joy of the moment. blush.gifblush.gif So I usually just put a big 2 oz shot with a bunch of ice in a big 8oz class fill it up with Caffine free diet coke and chug away. tongue.gif After 2-3 of these I am ready to raid the fridge for a night time snack.Then am usually ready to hit the sack for the night. Creggor..

I hear you on the raiding the fridge. I have a low carb diet (Mom and brother are diabetic; I am trying to avoid going that way). But, bourbon just lowers my resistance for chocolate - they go so good together. If there is any decent chocolate in the pantry, watch out!

Actually, it's not that bad, but when I do go off the diet, 9 times out of 10, it's after bourbon has lowered the resistance.

As far as the sack goes, if I go before 11 pm, I sleep well. But for some reason, if I miss that mark, it's 1 or 2 am before I go. Don't know why, especially after 2 or 3 drinks, how I can stay up, but I do.

Fellow Straightbourbonites,

Greetings! Just so you know, each stopper on Blanton's has a letter by the hoof. These letters spell out a secret code. B L A N T O N S! However, there is something else a foot (or a hoof). If you spell out the word, you will observe an interesting fact. As the horse and jockey enter the track, they are walking with the jocky calmly sitting in the saddle (B). As the race starts, the horse flys out of the starting gate and assumes a full stride pose; the jocky is trying to check the horse (keep it from sprinting out of control and quickly tiring itself). As the letters continue to spell out Blanton's, the poses of the horse and jocky reflect the progress of the race. Near the end the jocky is going to the whip (down the home strectch). Finally the race is over and the jocky is standing in the stirups, pumping his fist in victory. As Paul Harvey would say, "Now you know.....theeeeeee rest of the story!"

Ken

Wow, that is interesting. With all the focus being on spelling out Blantons I didn't even bother to notice the pattern there! Geez, now could that be from drinking too much Blanton's or not enough? shocked.gifwink.gif

Elijah Craig 12yo. Others have said that this is an unusuall tasting bourbon. Well I think it tastes just fine grin.gif The more I drink HH bourbon, the more I like it. I have had several bottles of EC12, but only 1 drink of EC18 frown.gif This is a problem that will soom be resolved shocked.gif

I guess most of us agree , you cannot have too much Blanton's around . To drink or save. Now we need 8 bottles of it. I saw a few empty bottles at a flea market and was laughing up my sleeve because they wanted 5 bucks apiece for them. Now , however, If they were all different letters and the ones you needed...... It would remove the best part, Drinking the Blanton's from them. So then Ken , there are 2 separate "N"s , the first in the heat of the race and the other at the finish?

So, what's with the two "N" brands, anyway? Let's hope it's not some kinda backwards "N" like the "R" in Kids R Us. Paradox and his posse of super stopper shoppers will just have to fill us in on the details!

The thing with the Blantons horse displaying a race, BLA"N" should be a horse in full gallop and BLANTO"N" should have the jockey standing in the stirrups or at the last whack with the riders crop.

Bobby, are you speaking from personal knowledge of the stoppers or experience with the ponies? :-)

I'm going to check those stoppers out soon. As far as the Ponies , I have a little experience there but the tuition can be steep at times , I dropped out! grin.gif

The 2nd 'N' (blantoNs) appears to have the rider leaning all the way forward with his arms tucked byt the horses sides holding the reigns and it looks like the horse is really pushing it to the limits... His neck is stretched way out there... I know not a thing about horse racing and I'll admit it so don't laugh! wink.gif haha It is very hard for me to see it and I dont have a magnifying glass here but it looks like on the 2nd N there are 2 dots after the N... I could be wrong, so if I am and someone see's different please correct me. confused.gif

Hey, I have the same problem. I am (supposed to be) on the Atkins diet, but after drinking a big ole glass of bourbon, I often stand at the counter munching candy before I go to bed. Lately, it has been Priester's pecan brittle. Yum.

Tim

Another good bourbon snack is peanuts. They are ok if you have only a handful, but, of course, I don't. I had to tell my wife to quit buying them.

ORVW 13 yo rye. Like my bottle of ORVW 10 yo last night, this bottle was nearly empty and I just finished it off. My recycle garbage man is going to see the empty bottles on Friday morning and will be knocking on my door to find out about the next party. tongue.gif

Fortunately, I have four bottles of 13 yo rye in the mini-bourbon bunker. I grabbed a few of these earlier this summer when I found out they aren't distilling many more of this treasure. From what I understand, plenty is still around. I'd buy more, but the Stagg hunt has left me a little low lately. smirk.gif

Old Forester Birthday Bourbon. I am trying to decide on an Old Forester favorite. This is a really nice drink, but the 100 proof regular bottling just has this "umph" that I really enjoy. At this point I will call it a tie, which is a good thing since I won't be able to find the BB after my stash is gone.

This is too funny. I am drinking OF 100 tonite. Close, but no cigar. (We were close last night and spot on the night before.) And, for the third night in a row, tonight's drink was the end of the bottle and I finished it off.

But since I only got one drink out of the OF 100 bottle, I started on the VOB BIB 100. laugh.gif

I started with OFBB... and now enjoying Old Charter 10 year. OC8/10 is the best REALLY affordable pour that I enjoy. Everyone by now knows that liquor here in Alabama is ridiculously high, but the OC8 runs about 9 bucks for 750ML here! grin.gif See ya, H'wood

Hello, Just broke open a bottle of 1993 Evan williams Single Barrel. It's going to be quite chilly here in FL tonight and I have developed a mild head cold. crazy.gif Really hard for me to do a proper tasting as my noise is kinda plugged up. frown.gif Even with my head being the way it is. My first impressions are quite favorable. smirk.gif The best part it was on sale for $17.99 cost me $19.25 with sales tax.Creggor

Hey Jeff,

wouldja please post a tasting of the 18 year old Elijah Craig when you get an opportunity, I am REALLY curious about what you think of it. . .

TomC

Sure Tom. It is one of several bottles I plan on aquiring with my tax refund (I hope). The one drink I had was at the Cigar Bar after a couple drinks of other fine bourbons, so my tastes may have been skewed a bit, but my initial impression was of a full bodied, woodsy bourbon that went well with my cigar.

Sales Tax on Liquor. What a backwards state you must live in

Move to KY where they tax cars not bourbon.

grin.gif

Unless the "Luv-Gov" gets his way and we get new taxes on alcohol and higher taxes on our smokes mad.gif

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!