What are you Drinking Fall '08

SBOmarc
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hitting the Sammy Adams while watching the Phillies v Dodgers.

Phillies are trying to give this one away. The more they try the more I drink!

2 pours of MM. Haven't had any in about a year and it's not too bad. Better than memory serves. Also having a ORVW 10/107.

I think I feel a big pour of FR1B coming on. Just polished off my last little bit of ER10, a half oz. appetizer. It's a cool, clear night here, I can still smell the hickory smoke on my clothes from grilling tonight (pork shoulder steak with my own kick-ass rub, plus some stuffed hot peppers from my garden). A good pour is all that's missing right now.

Cheers to all.

Poured the last 7-8 oz of my ORVW 10/107... this stuff is better than I remember :D

Damn Em, only 7-8 ounces? That's almost a 1/3 of a bottle :skep: wouldn't consider that a finisher but to each his own!

Me, had a little VROHH 8 year 86 proof thanks to Cracker. Very good stuff, I mean damn, for what it costs and something available in Oregon this is a marvelous everyday pour! It is very similar to the 10 year BiB and one day I'll compare the two but definitely not in the mood to dig on of those out right now.

Oh, and I found some Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA at a local market. I don't think it is very fresh, bottled May 8 of this year, but for getting it all the way out here what can you expect and it still tastes pretty good. I think I do prefer the 90 Minute and I am sure I'll find something locally even better but until I get to all the new Brewpubs around here this is a nice IPA.

Me, had a little VROHH 8 year 86 proof thanks to Cracker. Very good stuff, I mean damn, for what it costs and something available in Oregon this is a marvelous everyday pour!

During Thursday's eve's chat I vatted some 1:1 with the A.H. Hisrch 20yo that I opened on my birthday (Sept 18). Worked very well and I'll do it again.

Some might be appalled that I would do this to the Hirsch but I find it to be too woody for my taste. I'll probably try vatting it with a number of things.

Oh, and I found some Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA at a local market. I don't think it is very fresh, bottled May 8 of this year, but for getting it all the way out here what can you expect and it still tastes pretty good. I think I do prefer the 90 Minute and I am sure I'll find something locally even better but until I get to all the new Brewpubs around here this is a nice IPA.

I like DH as well, though I prefer the 60 minute. The problem is getting it fresh. As a result, usually when I feel like IPA I go with an Oregon product, such as Deschutes Inversion or Terminal Gravity.

I'm just not lucky with Knob Creek in bars... last night I had some and it tasted like it was mixed with gin or something, the previous time (different bar) it had a really stale taste to it. I know I thought this stuff was not bad the few times I bought it but that was so long ago that I don't even remember what it tasted like.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spun_cookie viewpost.gif

Poured the last 7-8 oz of my ORVW 10/107... this stuff is better than I remember :D

Damn Em, only 7-8 ounces? That's almost a 1/3 of a bottle :skep: wouldn't consider that a finisher but to each his own!

... and for tonight... the last 3rd of the pour mentioned above ...

I wanted to clear the bottel off my shelf... I will ofter pour a larger than needed pour and use that "press wrap" on it for over night storage... 8+ oz of bourbon is for a very long day of sipping (5-8 hrs).

... so how you liking the NW? Getting enough rain :skep:

After making a 300+ mile round trip to bake my brains out in the sun while watching the Buckeyes sleepwalk their way through a victory over Purdue, I'm winding down with a nice pour of Lot B. The initial mustiness of this bottle has gone away over the last few months and it is a very enjoyable pour.

JB and Coke at dinner. Now having a nightcap of some Pappy 15. Night night.:22: Joe

A while back I made for the first time a second purchase of a bottle of bourbon - the oft mentioned and praised Weller Antique. Initially I noticed a fantastic sweet flavor and an almost effervescant quality but I was a little disappointed because the finish seemed nonexistant. Now, with only a quarter of the bottle left, I like every aspect. I don't know of anything that smells beter than this stuff. For some reason I relly like bourbon on Sudays.

Rock Hill Farms, neat.

This is the bottle I got from Julio's Liquor.

It is from a barrel picked by them.

This is called "Series II", last year they did a barrel purchase also.

From Barrel #434.

I had some Rock Hill Farms last Wednesday night at a Buffalo Trace teasting.

This Julio's RHF blows away the standard RHF that was given us to sample.

Gone is the usual grass and must that you get in most BT bourbons.

This is one classy whiskey.

Had the last pour from a bottle of Pappy 15. Working on some 2006 OFBB now. Joe

Tonight I tasted from two new bottles that I bought today. VOB BIB and OGD BIB. I thought both were very good but I give the nod to VOB BIB. I can see myself spending more time with the VOB in the near future! ;-)

Tonight I tasted from two new bottles that I bought today. VOB BIB and OGD BIB. I thought both were very good but I give the nod to VOB BIB. I can see myself spending more time with the VOB in the near future! ;-)

Hondo - In my opinion, the VOB BIB is an excellent bourbon for the price. That was my pour last night.....tonight though, I had some Four Roses SB from Julio's.

The famed Lion Stout from Sri Lanka - on draft - at Gingerman in New York. Unreal.

Gary

Had my first tasting of Weller Antique 107...anther KY trip purchase....very good, surprisingly smooth for a 107...little burn...will definitely get some more.

It's a Rye Sunday night. Ritt 80, Ritt BiB and then baby Saz.

Evan Williams 7 year old, poured over cracked ice, do a little swirl and sip.

Ahh, home sweet home.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!