What Bourbon Are You Drinking Winter '08/'09

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Four Roses Single Barrel, the TC/OVH bottle, neat.

Ok ya'll are probably thinking, he sure is at it early.

Well yeah I guess I am but I am off work (injury) and don't go back until Jan 12.

I am only having one,... um, at a time.

Not a bit :D I was sampling the Old Crows I got in from the other, other set of chess peices I got... Decanted the 11, tasted and put them into wine bottles..

Hope your injury is not a bad or back injury... and keep on the doctors magic juice... you will be right as rain soon

Tonight it is hot here. very hot.

to give you some idea, its 27 degrees celcius (80.6F) at 9.30 at night and 76% humidity.

I decided it was time for some WTRB, BT and some FR Super Premium.

The FR really hit the spot tonight.

Scott

Tonight it is hot here. very hot.

to give you some idea, its 27 degrees celcius (80.6F) at 9.30 at night and 76% humidity.

I decided it was time for some WTRB, BT and some FR Super Premium.

The FR really hit the spot tonight.

Scott

I always thought it got a lot hotter than that in Australia, that would be average summers evening here in Iowa

Four Roses Single Barrel, the TC/OVH bottle, neat.

Ok ya'll are probably thinking, he sure is at it early.

Well yeah I guess I am but I am off work (injury) and don't go back until Jan 12.

I am only having one,... um, at a time.

Don't worry that's not early I get off work at 6:00am and get started by 6:30 am. In bed usually by 8:30 sleep like a baby all day .

Thomas H Handy BTAC '08, neat.

I like it a lot but I keep wondering what another 18 months would do to it.

Not super high proof like Stagg but then again not that low compared to Wild Turkey and Four Roses.

However it is at the favorite age of the "old timers". 6 to 8 years is what I have understood.

No point to this, just rambling.

well, the Ridgemont Reserve has been on sale ALL month...$4 off! so sipping that now...but i admit, something about second-time-around: it's not as magickal as it was last year....nor was that second bottle of OGD114....nor was that second bottle of WTRB......or did my tongue's standards simply rise a bit after Stagg...and that Handy Saz?:rolleyes:

this RReserve is very similar to WT101...except for the proof....:skep:

I've gone to one of my "blue moon" bottles. Bonded OGD, Distilled 1975-Bottled 1982. OMG!! Every time I hit this one, I go in with the expectation that it CAN NOT be as good as I remember. It ALWAYS is. I turned 21 in 1983. Why didn't I buy this by the case...truckload...railcar...,then?!?!?! Hindsight is 20/20, I guess... :rolleyes:

Tonight it is Lot B, leading up to the strike of midnight, at which time I shall enjoy a healthy pour of GTS '08.

I picked up some Lot B and Weller Antique for my neighbor and he invited me in to give the Lot B a whirl. I really like this years bottling. Even two rookie bourbon drinkers who were over at his place picked out the chocolate cherry on the nose.

He also has two older 750's of Echo Springs on his shelf. The bottles are octagonal in shape and have tax strips and UPC symbols. There were no outward signs of a date on the bottle anywhere. Can someone place a date on these with the bottle shape? It wasn't like drinking Lot B but it was not offensive by any stretch, especially for a whiskey labeled as 4 years old.

Started with EWSB 95

Weller Centennial

FR 120th

don't know what will come next.

I'm celebrating NYE tonight as I couldn't a few days ago!

Scott

...He also has two older 750's of Echo Springs on his shelf. The bottles are octagonal in shape and have tax strips and UPC symbols. There were no outward signs of a date on the bottle anywhere. Can someone place a date on these with the bottle shape? It wasn't like drinking Lot B but it was not offensive by any stretch, especially for a whiskey labeled as 4 years old.

Within the past year, I found a hand full (five) bottles of Echo Spring on a "we don't want this in our store" shelf and for a total of $20 they left the store. Not a great pour but not offensive and drinkable.

One is octagonal and had a tax strip and a UPC code, one is octagonal, has a UPC code but no tax strip and three are round with UPC code and no tax strip.

I too would be interested in further info.

In honor of our Bourbonian of the Year, I have a nice pour of Lot B in one of my newly acquired Glencairn glasses.

Some 1968 Old Crow (10y/86p) that showed up at my house today. :woohoo:

It's darn tasty.

Very nice Scott !!!!! (i am quite jealous !!!):bowdown:

I've had to settle for some...

Old Fitz BIB (SW distilliate)

ER17 2008

RHF (gold Chain)

Here's to hoping the Colts can pull this thing off !!!!

Some 08 Stagg that I bought today. It's better than what I remember from the tasting at Binny's last month. :hot: WOW! Joe

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!