What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Winter '08/'09

shoshani
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

In keeping with Virus_Of_Life's observation that winter has begun (and as a Chicago resident who took three times as long to get home from work last night due to a heavy snowstorm plus winds plus 15 MPH drivers minus plows minus sand minus road salt, I am convinced), Here's a new "What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today?" thread for Old Man Winter.

I warmed up with Weller Antique. Very worthy pour; noticeably different from ORVW 10/107 - not as much depth or richness as ORVW has - but quite stellar on its own.

We're very fortunate to have quite excellent whiskey available to us at very reasonable prices. This one is $18.99 at Binny's.

You beat me to it, snowing like crazy here at the moment and that says winter to me!!

Not necessarily today, but over the past few weeks I've bought various things, some Hirsch, Fighting Cock, Wild Turkey and others.

Hidden
Here's a new "What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today?" thread for Old Man Winter.

But it's only good for Dec 21 thru Dec 31.

What do we do for the rest of the upcoming Winter?

EDIT by VoL, I was in the process of fixing that Oscar.

PIcked up a new WTRB, couple of ER10s as well as a VWFRR for the bunker......which enabled me to open one of same.

Got a bottle of OGD BIB and went out on a limb to try something I hadn't tried before - 101 proof "Old Ezra"

Did a little Christmas shopping today and a bottle of WTAS found its way home with me. It was the only one on the shelf and what was I to do? I couldn't just leave it there all by itself. Would you?

Jim

Resistance became futile.......grabbed the last 06 Handy on the shelf last night at a local.....last one anywhere in west TN that I have seen. Hopefully still out there for other hunters.

Got a parcel today with 4 roses 120. 51+38 shipping. A very, very good price. I did also win a bottle today also on American EBay. WTAS for 71+54 shipping. A real dissent price as well I think.

Leif

Bought the last bottle of the Heritage Collection VSOF I've been keeping my eye on....think I have acquired all the dusties in the Greater Portland area.

One of Santa's elves stopped by my house early this year. He came in the form of a UPS man. Straight from Santa himself in Ohio, I received a 3 bottle case of the 08 edition of George T Stagg. This coincides perfectly with the beginning of my winter break. Life is good.

Got a bottle of OGD BIB and went out on a limb to try something I hadn't tried before - 101 proof "Old Ezra"

Chili, I hope you enjoy the Ezra. Although, some don't care for it, I have really enjoyed that one. It's cheap. It's hard to find. But, I think it's really tasty.

Stopped by a store on the way home from my wife's Christmas party. Picked up a bottle of Weller Antique for the bunker. Also, since I had a 1990's and a 1970's version of Benchmark, I picked up a bottle of McAfee's Benchmark too. Joe

like a dream come true....

a $51 bottle of Thomas Handy Sazerac at 127+ proof.

finally. now i know what it feels like. :grin:

so happy it was still sitting there in the paoli PLCB store! there were three as of last weekend...then two....should be one left still...

I picked up William LaRue Weller on Friday, and sojourned to Sam's tonight and came back with Fighting Cock.

Picked up a couple more VWFRR this evening while scouting around in the big town during Christmas shopping time. Can't get enough of that rye right now. The way it is going (allotments and annual price increases), I am buying it whenever found.

Was in Mont. Cnty, MD today and picked up a bottle of Weller Antique for $15. Couldn't pass that up.

Nothing special here, grabbed a bottle of EC12 tonight.(Cork was in good shape, funknik! :) )

Made my wife a couple of hot toddys (she's got a bad cold coming on) in my new FR Hoy Toddy cup, she loved 'em.

Th EC12 is not the best I've had but is still very nice. Think I'll wade through the snow for another!

Cheers to all!

As posted in May Santa bring you bourbon a-plenty. Joe

Santa dropped a couple of packages off for me today. I couldn't wait. I had to open them! The Weller Centennial, courtesy of a fellow SB.com member. :thankyousign: :thankyousign: :thankyousign: The ER101 decanters, full, via eBay. Joe

finally got my hands on a bottle of WT 8yr tax stamp... cost a pretty penny... but thank god for ebay when you "need" a bottle :D - much love for the turkey

Nothing special here, grabbed a bottle of EC12 tonight.(Cork was in good shape, funknik! :) )

The EC12 is not the best I've had but is still very nice. Think I'll wade through the snow for another!

quote]

Glad to hear your cork is well! Keep Trudgin'!:grin:

Picked up a bottle of Dickel #12 (dusty) and I like it better than the Select at twice the price. Go figure.... bb

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!