What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Winter '08/'09

shoshani
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Doing some end of year financial reporting and decided to pair my work with some EW 1783 and Coke Zero.

Got the 2008 OFBB and a single-barrel bottling of OWA.

Then went looking for the 1999 EWSB. Didn't find it yet but did pick up several of the 1992 version for the bunker.

JB Black. Either my taste buds have changed or this is much improved over the past couple of years. This is the most deliciously flavorful 86 proofer I have tried recently. Just excellent.

I went to find a store around here to buy some eggs, ended up with this in my trunk and forgot the eggs.

WTKS Pewter top

ORVW 10/107

ORVW 10/90

ORVW Lot "B"

Weller 12

RR 90

Old Forester repeal gift set and Four Roses single barrel.Saw the Four Roses for 28.00,so i couldn't pass it up.

Nice TRX. That's a great price on the FRSB.

I went to find a store around here to buy some eggs, ended up with this in my trunk and forgot the eggs.

WTKS Pewter top

ORVW 10/107

ORVW 10/90

ORVW Lot "B"

Weller 12

RR 90

Mission accomplished Jason!:slappin: Joe

I found a Hirsch 16 GF at a relly good price. Had to grab it. And picked up a Weller antique.........I really don't know why???:rolleyes:

Today I purchased...nothing!

I took my family for two days in Wisconsin Dells, at the invitation of my sister-in-law. On the way out of town there is a package store called Mister K's. I decided to check to see if they had anything there that I could not find in Chicago (say, BIB or at least 100 proof Tom Moore/Kentucky Tavern/KY Gentleman).

The place is far more devoted to beer and wine. The only thing I could find in spirits that I really haven't seen (not that I've tried very hard) was Old Thompson blended whiskey.

I passed.

I did get to come home to my Elmer T. Lee, which I sorely missed while I was away.

I did win 2 bottles of OFBB 2008 on American E-bay yesterday. I did pay about 148 USD which I fought was a fair price considering the fact that they are very hard to pack and ship.

Leif

I got a bottle of W.L. Weller Special Reserve, another bottle of Handy, and I'm thinking about going back for that last bottle of Cabin Still.

Picked up a bottle of Old Ezra 101 7 y/o today. Looking forward to trying it.

I really should visit their charming old distillery sometime too. Looks so pretty on the label! Strangely similar to another one I've seen in a photo before...

I finally gave in and picked up a bottle of EC 12yr. I have heard so much about getting bad bottles and have steered away. Decided it was time to step up and get a bottle to try for myself. I am just hoping it is not a bad bottle:frown:.

VOB 100, Weller SR, Weller Antique and an ORVW 10/107 round out the day's acquisitions.

Came across some WLW '08 and could not resist picking up a case. Cracks me up that 3 is a "case".

Jim

I took a little road trip today to take delivery on a few units of the Tony and Oscar (or was that Oscar and Tony?) bottling of FRSB, a couple more ORVW 10/107 and a pewter topped WTKS.

I finally pulled the trigger on a couple of BHC Weller Centennials that I have kept in the memory bank. While picking them up, I noticed the store had the Old Forester Repeals at the ridiculous price of $12.99. So, I picked up 2 of them, too.

I took a little road trip today to take delivery on a few units of the Tony and Oscar (or was that Oscar and Tony?) bottling of FRSB,

nothing new! but never bought these at the same time...

Wild Turkey Rye

Weller Antique

enjoying going back and forth and noting the different fruitiness of each...and the different punches they deliver!

must i must must vat them:bowdown:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!