What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Winter '08/'09

shoshani
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Did some last minute Xmas shopping: got a 2008 THH as a present for a good friend and a PVW 15 as a present for me (even though I've been naughty).

finally, after getting that stupendous Handy SAZ a few days ago (1/3 gone already...:rolleyes: ), i figured it was time to stock up and try a few basics i'd never had and planned on (after various reviews here):

McAfee's Benchmark

JB Rye ($10.99 in no tax DE!)

Sam Adams Winter Brew

and a big bottle of Angelique belgian dubbel:grin:

Russell's Reserve Small Batch Bourbon, current iteration. This one seems rather more in line with WT 101 than the first bottles, which wowed some and dismayed others with their subtle interpretation of the manic bird. It's a solid bourbon full of all the good stuff one associates with Wild Turkey, at the 90 proof it's been for some time. Well-priced too for the quality offered.

Gary

While visiting mom & other family in Memphis, I found a PVW 15 'left' of $50 (most of what I have seen of late is approaching $60)......wish there had been more than one on the shelf.

Also, if anyone is in the Memphis area and wants a deal on KC - saw it for $19.99/750ml today, just send me a PM and I'll give you the name/address of the place. I have not seen KC for less than $28 in quite a while.

New to this forum and obviously in a steep learning curve. Picked up a bottle of Buffalo Trace and George Dickel #12. I have purchased much more expensive bourbons over the past year and did not think they were worth the extra money. I will try these over the long weekend and see what I think.

I went to buy my first bottle of EC 18 but was foiled at three different stores. So I had to "settle" for a bottle of EC 12 and a bottle of WT 101.

Started my trip to San Antonio today; stopped for the night in Medford, Oregon. My Magellan GPS took me to a little liquor shop right by our hotel. I picked up a bottle of Ezra Brooks 12. Off to San Francisco tomorrow!

How crazy is it that I have to drive from Bowling Green KY to Chicago to buy bourbon. I can't get '08 Stagg in Bowling Green and then it is $100. I found some at Orland Park Binny's so I bought it as a (6-month) early birthday present.

Drove up to Gainesville today to meet a friend for lunch. Stopped by a couple holes-in-the-wall that usually turn up some good finds. Found a couple of bargains at one store that I couldn't pass up - a bottle of Bulleit for $19.99 and the infamous (ri)1 for just $35.99. I had originally passed on the (ri)1 at a local place for $49.99, but figured it was worth a shot at almost 30% less.

Peter Jake's, Sam Houston, EC 12, Dickel Barrel Select. I have never tried any of these except EC 12. I am rounding out my experimentation.

Bought three single malts today...Balvenie 21 yo Portwood, Balvenie Doublewood, and Glenmorangie D'Or. Starting to really enjoy some of these single malts. Still prefer bourbon though.:grin:

I ran across an ORVW 10/107 (bottle date of 2002) and 2 ER101's (bottle dates 1999 and 2000)

The best part was the ORVW was only 29.99 :grin:

I ran across an ORVW 10/107 (bottle date of 2002) and 2 ER101's (bottle dates 1999 and 2000)

The best part was the ORVW was only 29.99 :grin:

He shoots!!!

He scores!!!

Nice job Bird.

A couple more PVW 15s and a Lot B. Somebody please stop me! (Just kidding... do so at your own risk.)

We embarked on our annual pilgrimage to the Pittsburgh Ikea today and as luck would have it, one of the decked out PA liquor outlets is right across the street from the store. I cleaned them out of their 4 remaining Lot B's and added three Weller Antiques to the cart for good measure.

Both my boss and my neighbor requested one bottle of each, but I'm happy to be able to grow my bunker by two Lot B's and an Antique. :)

Picked up another EWSB 98 this afternoon. It just hit me that I've ripped through a couple of these in short order, recently. :o But, at least for a good reason. Because...it's...well...good!

Had to make a secret pilgrimage to the NH Liquor Store tonight and picked up 2 each of the BTAC Handy Saz & ER17 @ $47.99 per. I also threw in a PVW15 for good measure since this is not a usual stock item and I was surprised to see it (especially @ $50.49).Any one of these bottles would qualify as the most expensive bottle I've purchased to date, so I must stop myself from buying bourbon for a while....the sickness is growing.....:rolleyes:100_1642.jpg

Had to make a secret pilgrimage to the NH Liquor Store tonight and picked up 2 each of the BTAC Handy Saz & ER17 @ $47.99 per. I also threw in a PVW15 for good measure since this is not a usual stock item and I was surprised to see it (especially @ $50.49).Any one of these bottles would qualify as the most expensive bottle I've purchased to date, so I must stop myself from buying bourbon for a while....the sickness is growing.....:rolleyes:100_1642.jpg

I hae to say...Nice job Andy! Proud of you, keep it up! Or not if the budget will not allow!

Tony

Two bottles of 08 GTS! I'll need to wait for the 1 ER17, 1 handy, and 2 wellers. my purchases have not gone unnoticed. I'll hold my breathe, and cross my fingers and pray that they are still available when I go to pickem up.

Found this mini bottle of Old Fitzgerald BIB on an auction site and snatched it up. It arrived today and I look forward to enjoying it this evening.

post-2038-14489815137982_thumb.jpg

Well, I couldn't stand it any more. After all the posts here, and discussions in the gazebo, I picked up a bottle of 08 Stagg and a bottle of LotB. Joe

Well, I couldn't stand it any more. After all the posts here, and discussions in the gazebo, I picked up a bottle of 08 Stagg and a bottle of LotB. Joe

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!