What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2009

OscarV
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I haven't purchased anything today.

I just wanted to celebrate Spring with the start of this new thread.

I did however purchase a WLarueW 2005 last week.

If I had to rank the WLarueW's I'd go in this order.

1. 2007

2. 2006

3. 2008

4. 2005

That '07/'06 could flip/flop, I need to do a side-by-side.

Some were critical of the '05 when first released.

Last year I got a bottle and finally tried it, I really like it.

Picked up a handle of ND OGB:BIB. I got this from a place I hit on a long dusty run about a year or two ago, pretty surprised there was any left but then again it looked like they didn't sell much bourbon at this place... The guy said at the proof and size it must be for 100 people and that I'm going to need a lot of Coca Cola! haha

Bought these two today. They say Frankfort on them, but is it possible these are actually Louisville?

3374332090_737c1602e6_m.jpg

Bought these two today. They say Frankfort on them, but is it possible these are actually Louisville?

3374332090_737c1602e6_m.jpg

No, but who cares. Great finds... good juice, drink it well.... You will enjoy them.

I picked up a couple handles of W.L. Weller SP 7 yr from 1988 and 2 handles of Cabin Still from 1988 as well... all out of Louisville and all should be tasty...

While tooling around I saw a GTS '08 and, even though it was overpriced compared to what I'm used to, I picked it up because I'd never seen one before. I left one of the shelf. Also saw a WT Honey 60 proof dusty and some Pappy 23s, but left 'em where they sat.

While tooling around I saw a GTS '08 and, even though it was overpriced compared to what I'm used to, I picked it up because I'd never seen one before. I left one of the shelf. Also saw a WT Honey 60 proof dusty and some Pappy 23s, but left 'em where they sat.

Not sure what you paid for that Stag, but it is my favorite bourbon at this point. Nice score.

Not sure what you paid for that Stag, but it is my favorite bourbon at this point. Nice score.
It was $70 in MA and I paid $48 for my other BTAC bottles in NH, so it was a bit of a shock, but I bet it will be worth it.

Picked up my first WTKS this weekend, and saw my first Pappy 23 ($299)...

wow $299?! I hope no one here is paying that much for PVW 23. I see it multiple places for $199... and it usually just sits there.. for months on end.

Yesterday loaded up @ Cork & Bottle in Covington, KY

As far as bourbons go I got

1 C & B select 4RSB (barrel 9)

1 1.75 l Old Fitz BiB

Plus

1 Ritt BiB

2 Dickel #8's

1 Mellow Corn BiB

1 OF Repeal set. Yes, I am a hypocrite, but it was only $23.

My search for "affordable" Pappy 15 came up short, so I picked up an ORVW 10/107 for a nice price instead (just under $30).

It was Saturday just past, not today, but ... OFBB 2008, and Buffalo Trace. If these seem ordinary, note that both just became available here in Alabama. 'Tis the most excitement this control state has seen in a long, long while ... :rolleyes:

Larry

Not cheap, but one of the distillers made a 4 hour trip through the mountains to hand deliver me a bottle of this.

http://www.peachstreetdistillers.com/prod-bourbon.htm

I also like supporting craft distillers and local Colorado businesses. I'm impressed, they've only been around for 3.5 years and started on the bourbon after 1 year in business.

Added a bottle of Booker's to the bunker. A VW lot B and Blantons Gold also joined the fold. I'm trying to not expect too much from the Lot B (with all the love it generally gets here) so as not to be disappointed.

Added a bottle of Booker's to the bunker. A VW lot B and Blantons Gold also joined the fold. I'm trying to not expect too much from the Lot B (with all the love it generally gets here) so as not to be disappointed.

Morgan,

Blanton's Gold is one of my favourites.....although being a SB bourbon obviously differences can be found. I am going to assume you got this from nicks and I will say I have had a few from them and they have all been great. Always sad to get to the end!

Booker's isn't bad, I just wish it was aged longer....12-15 years would be nice!

Scott

Thanks to Em for nosing around DC last week, I've added two WL Weller SR handles from 1988 to my bunker. :grin:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.